Chapter 1

Scarlet Fox, a 12th grade average girl from Franklin high school sat in the courtyard as her group of friends sat with her in their circle. Scarlet had tan skin, brown eyes and long brunette hair. She was in multiple school sports, such as Tennis, Softball, Track, and soccer. The courtyard was filled with different groups of kids from jocks to nerds, all the voices of the teenagers stopped the moment a strange man walked into the courtyard.

The man limped over to cheerleader whom was gossiping though her group became silent. Everyone watched as the man grabbed her by her long pin straight blonde hair biting her shoulder, she screamed as blood dripped down her arm. some of the jocks ran to her side pulling the man away from her, two of the boys were then biten. One by the man and One by the cheerleader. The cheerleaders tan skin and preppy eyes now were pale and possessed liked, they stood and walked like rag dolls; their limps hanging from their torso.

Scarlet's eyes were wide as she watched the sceane. The cheerleader, man and football players started charging at other students, everyone ran out of the courtyard as fast as they could. scarlet ran with her friend Iris down the Social studies hall. Iris had long Black hair which was in a cute French braid, she had a very innocent look to her.

"What the hell was that about?! Who was that guy!? And what happened to that cheerleader?!" Scarlet said looking at iris as they ran. Scarlet and Iris turned left and saw Mr. Russo, a science teacher walking towards them. "Yo Russo! What's going on? Did you see the guy in the courtyard?" Iris tugged on Scarlet's arm pulling her back, noticing Mr. Russo was walking with the same lip as the man.

"Scarlet... he's the same as that guy!" Scarlet looked at Iris then at Mr. Russo, she saw his eyes which looked possessed, same as the cheerleaders. Scarlet clenched her fists.

"Damn it Russo! Why you?!" Scarlet said as her and Iris began running through the hall again, this time heading for the main office, they knocked on the locked doors as Mr. Thompson, the principal opened the door pulling them in and quickly slamming and locking the door behind them.

"Were either of you bitten?" Scarlet shook her head, as did Iris. Mr. Thompson had faced the secretaries and other students and began to talk about an escape plan, his voice was loud. There was repeated thuds against the door, Mr. Thompson looked at the door. "Damn..." He looked around and sighed and continued. "Okay, ill go out and attract them away from here..." He walked towards the door, Scarlet pulled Iris into the corner next to the door.

He opened the door and the zombies rushed in. Scarlet held the door open in front of her and Iris, pinning them in the corner. They heard the screams of their fellow peers and the secretaries as they tried to get away, but failed. the screams turned into dull moans. They all roamed out of the office in search of fresh meat, after they all exited scarlet closed the door locking it. Scarlet let out a sigh and looked at Iris.

"It'll be okay. don't worry." Iris nodded there was a faint moan from behind one of the desks, Iris walked towards it slowly, Scarlet looked at her and said "Iris... No... don't...!" Just then a boy sat up, his skin had blood on it, his eyes were dead of any sign of life. He stood up and charged at Iris, Scarlet quickly grabbed a bat from the 'lost & found' bin and swung it at the boy as he grabbed hold of Iris' shoulders. she sent him back into the wall, smashing his head into the cracks she had just made. blood spattered to the side as she had forced his head to come in contact with the wall. Scarlet looked at the bat as it rested in his head, she pulled it out and the boy dropped to the floor.

"Iris... you hurt?" Iris shook her head shaking slightly, Scarlet looked at her and hugged her trying to comfort her. Iris looked at Scarlet and looked abit worried. "w-what? iris? whats wrong?"

"Scarlet i need to get home, Jason, Mom and Dad might be in trouble." Scarlet nodded and sighed and looked around, noticing there was a small door leading to a small hallway, Scarlet and iris went out the door and began to walk down the Hallway, they spotted two zombies surrounding a boy, scarlet charged foward with the bat and smashed the two zombies' heads, the boy looked up at her.

"Scar? Iri? im so glad to see you guys are okay!" Scarlet hit His head and was a little ticked.

"Tyler you need to stay quiet... these things aren't exactly friendly as you could see." she pointed to the two zombies on the ground, he gulped and nodded. she looked at him. "Were you bitten?" He shook his head, she nodded and started walking, Iri's followed her. Tyler ran behind them.

"Scar can i join you guys? please... please... please.... Please... PLEASE!" Scarlet glared at him and hit his head. iris looked at Scarlet, scarlet sighed and crossed her arms.

"Fine.. but if you look the wrong way, talk the wrong way, breathe the wrong way or even think the wrong way. ill kill you. is that understood?" He nodded his head repeatedly. Scarlet sighed and began walking down a road towards her 2012 green jeep wrangler. She got into the drivers seat, tyler sat in the back and iris got in the passenger seat. The drove off and headed towards iris' house. Iris got out of the car and ran towards her house, Scarlet grabbed her.

"Iris you need to think about this... Who knows what's going on in there. You're defenseless... ill go first okay?" Iris looked at her house and nodded. Tyler looked at them and stayed by the car. Scarlet and iris opened the door. Scarlet slowly walked in, iris looked around.

"Jason! Mom! Dad! Is anyone home?" The house was silent. Scarlet walked throughout the house calling for the family, there was noise from upstairs. Iris headed towards the steps. "Jason! Mom! Dad!" Just then a little boy around the age of 10 ran down the steps.

"Iris! We need to leave! Now!" He started to pull her. Scarlet looked at him.

"Jason! What do you mean? What about mom and dad?" Just then a man and a women started heading down the steps. They had a limp and let out slight moans. "Mom!? Dad!?" Jason and Scarlet pulled iris as they ran out the door. They ran to the car, iris tripped as she ran off the porch and fell onto a sharp rock, and fell. Jason stopped running. Their parents now got out the front door and headed for iris. Tyler grabbed the bat from scarlet as she passed him, not realizing Iris fell. Tyler charged passed Jason and toward iris. Iris' mom now had reached down and grabbed her when Tyler swung the bat hitting the mom away, he then swung at the dad and hit him. Jason and Iris' eyes widened as they looked at their parents' corpses.

Scarlet grabbed Jason and put him in the back of the car, then she got in the drivers seat. Tyler picked Iris up in his arms, bridal style and put her in the car as well. He then got in and closed the door. Scarlet drove off and towards Tyler's house. Iris' leg was bleeding. Scarlet sighed and ripped the bottom of her shirt as she drove, she then handed the ripped fabric to iris who tied the fabric tightly and securely around her leg.

They got to Tyler's house, he told them to stay in the car as he grabbed the bat and ran inside the house. Five minutes went by and Tyler came running out of the house with a bag over his shoulder. A boy walked out of the house with Tyler, he carried another bag. The bag this boy was carrying was much larger then the one Tyler had, they put the bags in the trunk and Tyler got in the back seat while the new boy got in the front. They began to drive.

"Scarlet iris, Jason,this is Johnny, my roommate." Scarlet nodded, Jason was too focused on his sisters leg, Iris slightly nodded at Johnny. Tyler had taken a face cloth out of his back pocket and handed it to Iris, iris smiled slightly and began to wipe some blood off of her.

"So anybody got any plans on what to do now?" Tyler and Johnny shook their heads, Iris nodded.

"Scarlet, your house is currently the safest place. No one lives there except you. You also have that tall thick wall fencing." Scarlet nodded as she drove to her house. Johnny watched her, Tyler helped iris take care of her leg.

They drove past many zombies, past many screaming people, Iris covered Jason's ears and hugged him into her chest. Tyler sighed and watched the world as they passed it. They pulled up to a large building and pulled into the drive way as a large automatic door opened and closed for them, not allowing anything else in. The wall around the property was about 8 feet tall and 3 feet think. Nothing was getting in. They went into the house and scarlet sighed, iris limped in escorted by Jason. Tyler and Johnny got the bags and placed them on the table. Tyler opened his bag and said.

"A couple weeks worth of cloths for us Johnny" Johnny nodded as he opened him bag and began to pull guns of all sizes.

They all were aware that this was just the beginning.