Chapter 15

Scarlet found herself locked in a dark room, she was alone. There were doors on each side of her and groans of the dead surrounded her. she gulped slightly as she reached for her pistol and it was gone, she looked for her knife and that was gone as well. Her heart began to pace faster and faster as the groans became louder. there began to be harsh pounding on the doors. they all simultaneously broke down at the same time, the zombies all walked over to her slowly from all around. She looked at them and realized they all looked familiar. Liz, Mike, Jason, Tyler, Iris, Johnny.... they were all ... zombies.. she gulped and shook her head and looked at them. as they got closer they grabbed her and began biting deeply into her skin, scarlet's eyes widened as she looked at all of them and out of the corner of her eye she saw Maggie with a smug look on her face. Blood covered Scarlet's body intensely. her world quickly got painted in red, then engulfed in blackness.

"NO!!!!" scarlet screamed and quickly sat up and looked around, Johnny had looked at her. she took deep breaths and put her hand on her head.

"Scar.. you okay?" he asked, rubbing her back trying to comfort her.

"Y-yeah... just a bad dream..." she had cold sweat on her forehead. she wiped her forehead and leaned against Johnny. he hugged her tightly and she closed her eyes. Scarlet took deep breaths as she calmed down. and went back to sleep.

once it was light out, everyone awakened and they all met in the main room. Scarlet found herself standing in the middle of everyone. once Maggie walked in, they all sat in silence as the tension between scarlet and Maggie grew.

"everyone listen up! food is on the table, as well as water. I want everyone to eat." they all nodded as scarlet spoke. everyone went and got some food and after everyone was eating, Jason brought Scarlet a red apple. she smiled and patted his head, he ran over to Tyler and Iris.

scarlet took a bite out of the apple. everyone was smiling and talking amongst each other. 

BANG!

everyone jumped as they heard the loud bang. Scarlet and Johnny went into the hall and saw about 80 zombies piling in the doorway.

"EVERYONE UPSTAIRS NOW!" everyone began running towards the other stairs, but the majority of Maggie's group just shut and locked the door. Zombies got closer and faster. Scarlet and Johnny shot the ones they could. the grabbed the weapons they could and got as many people to safety as possible. most of Maggie's group had gotten trapped in the room and before they closed the stairway, they saw the doorway to the room collapse down and zombies bolted in. they locked the door and ran upstairs to the final floor. they looked around terrified... only ones left were Scarlet, Iris, Jason, Liz, mike, Tyler, Johnny, and Maggie.

the screams of the others were heard from downstairs. Iris covered Jason's ears and Scarlet lifted Jason up and started walking faster up the stairs. Johnny, Liz, Mike and Tyler held guns at the ready as they walked around, securing the floor. there were maybe a total of 20 of the undead on the floor. Scarlet sighed and put Jason down once they were all done. she continued to scout the floor, trying to find escape routes just in case.

She saw a large window and opened it to see a large ladder to the ground. she nodded and barely saw any zombie down below, their was also a Ladder to the roof. Scarlet took a deep breath and she looked at the others.

"okay... well is everyone okay?" they all nodded. Scarlet nodded and began walking around again. Johnny looked at her and at the stairs as he heard banging on it.

"something tells me that those doors wont hold forever... so lets get moving." Johnny said looking at everyone.

"Where? up? we might be stuck once we go that way...  and if we go down we will be zombie chow..."  scarlet said. she thought for a minute and she hung out the window and began climbing up the ladder. once she got to the roof she looked around and saw the surrounding buildings. they were all relatively close to one another.