Chapter 22

Scarlet put her head back against the wall and pushed her short hair back, She wiped her eyes and took a deep breath. She took the pistol out of her pants and looked at it. Johnny's pistol... She put the safety on and hugged the pistol to her chest. It was warm and heavy.  Scarlet closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

A door opened and Krissy and Jenna came out and saw Scarlet, They went over to her and sat next to her. Krissy watched her silently, Jenna took hold of Scarlet's hand and looked up at her.  Scarlet opened her eyes and looked at the small girl.

The girls sat in silence for a while before Krissy and Jenna fell asleep against Scarlet. 

When scarlet woke up the girls were gone, Scarlet stood up and walked into one of the rooms to see Liz playing with krissy and Jenna, Jason was talking to tyler and maggie was sat on the side of the room. Scarlet put Johnny's gun away and sat next to Liz. In the room was pure silence, Scarlet looked at everyone.

Their was a loud shot and Scarlegt and Liz jumped up. They looked at the window and saw two boys running, Liz looked at Scarlet, Scarlet shook her head. 

"Liz no." Scarlet said in a stern tone. Liz then ran out of the room, Scarlet followed after her. She chased her downstairs and outside. Liz  began shooting the couple of Zombies that followed the two boys. Scarlet helped Liz and once the zomies were all dead Liz called the two boys over and they all went inside the Motel.  Scarlet watched them as they huffed and puffed, they looked at them and smiled.

"Thank... you." they said as they tried to catch their breath, Scarlet crossed her arms and just looked the other way, Liz smiled and looked at them. 

"Im Liz and this is Scarlet..." Liz said pointing to herself and then the angered Scarlet

"Brendan and this is my brother,Trever... thank you so much for helping us." The younger Boy said with a smile pointing to himself then his older brother. 

"It could have back fired so easily. Be lucky it didnt." Scarlet stated looking at Liz. Liz sighed and nodded.

"Yes scarlet... but it didn't." Liz said to Scalret then looked back at the boys. "Follow me, i'll introduce your to the others." She started to walk, the boys following. Scarlet shook her head and grabbed the two boys by the wrists. 

"I don't think so. Not until we know you aren't a threat. Follow me." Liz sighed and placed a hand on her hip. Scarlet walked down a hall and the boys followed her, cautiously. She opened a door and they walked into the room. "this will be your room tonight. we will bring you food soon enough, you aren't to leave this room for any reason. am i understood?" Scarlet sent them a strong glare, they just nodded and stood a bit unsure of what they should say or do.

"Y-yes ma'am." They said in unison. Scarlet closed the door and looked at Liz and shook her head. 

"Scar were we suppose to just let them die?" Liz said in her slightly peeved country voice. Scarlet nodded as she walked and was follpowed by Liz.

"Yes... what if they cost one of us our lives Liz?! i have already had to end two close friends. I don't want to risk having to end another." Scarlet said and her voice slowly went from strong to shaky and worried. Liz paused and looked at her. 

"Scar.. I-" She reached for scarlet's hand and scarlet pulled her hand away. She looked at liz and shook her head. 

"Forget about it. We will bring them their food and then i'll keep an eye on them tonight." Scarlet said in a strong voice again. She looked ahead of her and went back to the room with the others. 

"So what happened?" Tyler asked looking at the two girls. Scarlet remained silent and sat down next to Jason and the two girls. Maggie stood against the wall and watched everyone with a glare. Liz nodded and smiled as she rubbed the back of her head.

"We have two new group members." she said clapping her hands slightly. Tyler looked at her confused, he then looked over at Scarlet and she shook her head. 

"They haven't been allowed in. We have just delayed their death for now." Scarlet said and tyler nodded. Liz rolled her eyes and began putting food together for the two brothers. Once Liz finished with the food she lifted up the tray of food and looked at scarlet who stood and walked with her to the room with the boys. 

Liz opened the door and went into the room and as she did the Scarlet realized the younger brother on the ground pale and a chunk of his neck was missing. Scarlet went to grab Liz out of the room but before she could liz was pulled to the side and The older brother had sunk his nails deep into her shoulders and her eyes widened. 

Scarlet went to shoot but as she did that the other brother grabbed her Ankle and went to bite her. She looked down to him and stepped harshly down on his head, his skull breaking and her heel easily smashing the front part of his barely functioning brain. She then looked back up to see the zombified older brother ripping tissue out of Liz's Shoulder. Scarlet's eyes widened and she pulled the trigger on him. She looked at Liz who fell to the ground with the Zombie. 

"LIZ!" Scarlet shouted. She took hold of the weak Liz and watched her skin become grey and pale. Liz took Scarlet's hand and looked up at her. 

"Scarlet... I'm sorry. I desire this..." Liz said weakly. Scarlet shook her head and looked at Liz in disbelief. 

"Shut up right now! No one deserves this!" Scarlet said holding her friend's wound tightly, both their eyes were tearing up and. Liz shook her head and looked at Scarlet. 

"I wont ask you to end me.. it isn't fair to you." Scarlet shook her head as Liz spoke those words. "...This is my fault. So i'll deal with everything coming to me." Liz said in a strong voice now. Scarlet looked at the two brothers, She gripped Liz in her arms and hugged her tightly. 

After a couple of minutes of sitting there, Liz's Body was getting colder and her breathing was slowing down. Scarlet felt her eyes water as she gripped the Pistol in her hand, she held Liz tighter and put the pistol against the side of her head, She pulled the trigger and felt her friend's body jolt and then fall limp in her arms. Scarlet looked away and carefully placed her friend on the ground. She slowly stepped back and out of the room looking at the three bodys. The two new boys and her strong country friend. She closed the door and locked it as she leaned her head against the door. She felt an arm grab her from behind. 

She was spun around and hugged into a chest. She gripped onto the chest as she felt tears drip down her cheeks. She made no noise and let out no cries of sorrow. Her body felt Numb, she looked up and saw the face of tyler looking at the door. He looked down at Scarlet and she nodded, a sigh left his lungs.

"It'll be okay..." was all tyler said as he hugged her tightly again. Scarlet nodded slightly and walked away from him. She went back to the room and sat next to Jason and the girls. Maggie narrowed her eyes at Scarlet as she watched her, No one saying anything as they sat in their uncomfortable silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Getting towards the end. Sorry if this chapter isn't as good as my last two. Liz was really a comic releif most of the story. I have decided there will only be around two more chapers. I apoligize and hope you arent mad at me for the recent killings i've been doing. I plan to make these chapters a little more emotional. thank you for reading and please leave your comments.