"I Want Us To Be Real."

Start from the beginning

So I sorted his hands out, cleaning them and bandaging them then I was on our bed, laying down. He sat beside me, silent the whole time. I lifted my shirt, my bump exposed.

His hands went to my stomach, rubbing it gently. He looked calmer than he was before but very quiet which I found weird.

"Wanna talk?" I asked quietly as he gently rubbed my belly. He shook his head and I licked my lips, exhaling.

I then felt the baby kick and I smiled widely, "did you feel that?" I asked Leo, incredibly happy and he nodded, small smile on his face as the baby kicked again softly before he moved around a little and I could see it. I smiled widely, chuckling a little before the baby kicked once more and stopped.

Leo rubbed my belly for a little while before moving his hands away and I pulled my shirt down. "Maria?" I looked up at him and smiled, "yeah?"

"I thought you hated me."

I shrugged, "I don't know how I feel towards you. I mean, you forced me to marry you and have a baby. But I love the baby so. ."

He nodded slowly, looking at me. "Remember when I came in the night?" My breath hitched and I nodded, recalling the memories. "And we talked a lot?"

"Yeah, we did talk more than we . .made out." He chuckled a little and I smiled, placing my hand on my stomach. "Did you like our talks?" I nodded, "yeah. I liked the . . The other you."

"The other me?"

"Yeah," I said, "the kind and funny you that always cheered me up."

"I want you to know the real me," Leo said, his cheeks going red a little and I smiled at that cuteness. "So, Maria, what'd you say, my wife? Will you go on a date with me?"

I shrugged before rolling my eyes. "Fine. How bad can you be?"

I bursted out laughing, slapping his arm lightly. "You are so bad!" I laughed as we walked by the sea. Leonardo laughed, swinging our intertwined hands as we walked slowly. My hand was on my stomach, the other holding Leo's.

I was happy. Really happy. It was night and the sky was dark yet absolutely beautiful. The air was cool and warm, perfect. The sea was calm and giving us a cool breeze every now and then.

We had talked all day and I started to remember why I liked him when we talked in the dark. He was funny and understanding. I loved that.

I forgot all about the issues in my life and just enjoyed being around him for once.

He stopped and gazing into my eyes, holding both of my hands. "Maria, I've had lots of fun with you today."

"Me too," I said with a smile as I looked at him through my long eyelashes. He squeezed my hand gently and I looked at him, "Leonardo, do you think we could. .we could work?" I asked softly as I realised how close together we were.

"I want to," he replied, glancing down at my lips that parted a little. "Because, Maria," he chuckled softly, "I'm falling for you even though we haven't spent that much time together. There's just something about you."

I blushed a little. "Good," I said with a grin as I glanced at his lips. "Because I want you too." I went onto my tiptoes and pressed my lips against his, wrapping my arms around his neck as I kissed him lovingly.

He kissed me back, wrapping his arms around my waist, minding my baby bump.

I kissed him lovingly, smiling against his lips only to gasp and pull away. "What's wrong?" He asked as I held onto my stomach.

"My water's broke!" I exclaimed as water ran down my legs.

"Oh, my God, it hurts more than stubbing my toe!" I yelled, clutching the bar on the side of the hospital bed. I groaned loudly, pushing with all my strength.

"Come on, Maria! You can do it!" Leo said, holding onto my hand. "No. ." I breathed out, sweating badly. "I can't, Leo, it hurts so . . bad!"

Indescribable pain was in me. I had never been through so much pain in my life.

My legs were spaced apart and there were doctors and nurses around me. Leo was holding my hand but it wasn't comforting at all. All I felt was pain.

I cried out, pushing with all my might. I groaned, arching my back. I pushed and pushed and pushed and finally I heard a loud, high pitched cry.

I gasped, panting as I lay my head down, closing my eyes and sighing, exhausted. "You did it, Maria!" I opened my eyes and weakly smiled at Leonardo before turning my head and gasping as the nurse handed my new baby to me.

I gasped as she put my baby on my bare chest. "Oh!" I cried, looking down at my beautiful baby boy. He cried on my chest and I gently hushed him. "I love you," I whispered, kissing his warm forehead. "Aww," I said, cuddling him gently. "You're so beautiful!"

"He is," Leo said and I looked at him, smiling. "He definitely is."

A few days later, I found out that Valentina gave birth on the same day as me, an hour later. She was still in hospital with her baby boy but I was at home with mine.

I was sat on the couch, holding my baby boy. I hadn't chosen a name for him yet but I planned to very soon. I kissed his cheek as he closed his eyes, falling asleep in my arms.

I smiled at him, holding him close. I already loved him very much and couldn't stop holding him. He was precious to me.

"Goodnight, honey," I whispered, kissing his cheek again.

"Maria?"

I turned to see Leonardo and smiled, "hey, Leo." He came over and took a seat beside me. "How is he?" He asked, glancing at his sleeping son. "Oh, he's an angel," I said softly, smiling at my baby.

"Thought of any names?" I nodded, "yeah but I wanted to do them with you." We locked eyes and I blushed a little, smiling warmly. "Tell me," he said with a smile.

"I was thinking of Zachary. I love the name - I've always wanted that name."

"Okay, then."

I stared at Leonardo in surprise. "Seriously?" He nodded, chuckling softly. "Yeah, it suits him perfectly."

"Remembered by God," I said, smiling. "Thank you, Leo."
"It's alright. I like it too." I glanced down at his lips. "Come here," I murmured and he came a little closer and I pressed my legs against his, kissing him softly before pulling away.

"Maria, I want us to be real."

"Me too," I said, gazing into his eyes. "Because somehow, I've grown to like you - a lot." He chuckled and I smiled. I looked down at Zachary and smiled. "You wanna hold him?" I asked Leonardo and he nodded. I passed our baby to him and he smiled, holding Zach to his chest.

"Aww," I said, looking at the lovely scene in front of me. Leo leaned over and pecked my lips. "Let's go to bed."
I took Leo's hand and followed him into our room.

Zachary was going to stay in our room for a few months until he was ready to sleep in his nursery by himself.

Leonardo placed him into his cot gently and kissed his cheek before turning to me.

My breath hitched and he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. He crashed his lips onto mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back.

I pulled away, smiling. "God, Leo, what are you doing to me?"

"Me?" He asked, smiling too. "What are you doing to me? I always thought I'd get a wife, have a few kids with her but not love her. But you. .you're just. .I think I love you."

My eyes lit up and I smiled, "Leo. ."
"You don't have to say it back-"

"I think I love you too." He lifted me up and I gasped as he put me down on the bed and kissed me.

I pulled away, smiling. "Seriously, Leo. What are you doing to me?"

"I could ask the same thing," he said before crashing his lips onto mine and covering us with the duvet.

_____

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Enjoy!