Fifty One

Because you all wanted to know:

-Mia-

"What?" I asked, snapping back to reality. Vincenzo pulled out a tissue and started wiping my knee. I looked down, noticing that the doctor's coffee had spilled on my jeans.

"I'm sorry, I spilled some of my coffee on you," the doctor said as Vincenzo patted my lip with the tissue and placed it in the bed.

"Sorry? Weren't you saying sorry?" I asked, a little confused. "Yes. .for the coffee. ." The doctor slowly said.

My eyes widened, "wait, so you weren't saying sorry for anything else?" Vincenzo gave me a weird and confused look and the doctor slowly nodded. "Yes. .miss, are you alright?"

I nodded, straightening up my posture. "Yes, I am, thanks. I just want to know how my baby is?"

"Ah, yes," he said, glancing at his clipboard as Valentina sneezed. "Bless you," we all murmured as the doctor cleared his throat.

"Francisco Rossi, is it?" I nodded, feeling nervous as I prayed for good news in my head.

"We suspect there's been an infection which has lead to the foam and the temperature. We're not sure of the cause yet but I can tell you good news; Francisco is getting better and is now in a much better condition. The medications have been working and he's doing fine."

Tears of happiness came into my eyes as I sniffed, smiling. "He's better?" The doctor nodded, a smile growing on his face. "Much better."

"That's great," Maria said, giving me a warm smile. "Is he awake?" Dante asked but the doctor shook his head. "I'm afraid not, but he'll probably wake up tomorrow. .or in two days. .we're still not sure. His condition is rare."

I nodded. "Christmas is in two days," Liliana pointed out and I nodded again, wiping my eyes. "I hope he wakes up soon."

"He will," Vincenzo told me, squeezing my hand gently as I sniffed. "I know he will."

Two days passed on and I was sleeping on someone. They shook me awake and I saw that I was laying on Vincenzo's legs. "Mia." I yawned, sitting up and looking at him. He had a smile on his face as April was sat beside him, her head looking down at her iPad as she played some games.

He knew I hated her playing games early in the morning. It was bad for her eyes.

April looked at me and grinned, "Merry Christ - Christmas, mama!"

I smiled, realising that it was indeed Christmas. The day that Christ was born. I reached over and took her hand, squeezing it gently. "Merry Christmas, honey. Are you alright?" She nodded as Vincenzo went to pass her a lolly but I took it out his hand. "No sweets in the morning." They both groaned and I chuckled, shaking my head and stretching a little.

"Your Christmas present - well part of it is here."

It didn't feel like Christmas to me and I wasn't in the mood to have presents. I just wanted my baby.

"My present?" I asked, a little confused as he gave me a playful smile. "Come on."

    I sighed, "where are you taking me?" We stopped in front of a hospital door. I looked at him and he looked back, grinning.

He then pushed the door open, revealing a hard plastic crib with a baby in it, kicking his legs and laughing as he played with the toys.

I gasped, tears coming in my eyes. I quickly walked to him. There he was, laying down with a wide smile on his face as he played with his toys. I smiled widely and he noticed me, his smile growing. "Oh, my baby!" I cried, wrapping my hands around his small body and picking him up, cuddling him to my chest.