Twenty Two

-Vincenzo-

I was running - no sprinting.

'Fućk no' were the two words spinning around in my mind. I knew it! God dammit, I knew it! I knew Nicolo was planning something.

We had been trying to get this enemy off our backs for months but nothing seemed to be working. Nicolo was pissed because he had his eyes on Mia for a while now. Somehow, he knew her father and wanted revenge by killing her. I was guessing that Mia's father killed Nicolo's son.

Mia never did really talk about her dad because she never knew him. He left her when she was a baby and she grew up with only her mother who ended up being a junkie.

The amount of threats I was getting about me or Mia was too much. Nicolo had to be planning something. He was a powerful man, but obviously not as powerful as me. I'd find a way to get rid of him, eventually.

I should of been watching her, taking care of her but no! I was being a jerk and trying to make her jealous.

I saw her on the cameras struggling. I had never ran so quick in my life. I wasn't going to let my baby be killed.

I pushed the door open roughly, running in to see a person in all black pushing her down into the water while she struggled and screamed although it was muffled by the water.

I dashed in, yanking the person off her and throwing him on the floor, punching him over and over again. It was his right hand man, Stefano. He was a little annoying prick too.

He was already dead, bleeding badly but I couldn't stop punching. How dare he touch my woman - try to kill her!

I only stopped once I noticed that Mia was slowly sinking into deeper into the water.

No, no, no, no, no!

I dived in, blood mixing with the chlorine water. With my eyes stinging, I grabbed her, pulling her up and put her on the pool patio, breathing heavily. My clothes were drenched but I didn't care about that at the moment.

My love was wet and wearing a black swim suit that showed off her curves but I wasn't thinking about that in that moment.

She wasn't breathing - or not breathing good enough. Her body was pale and she looked sick, colour drained from her face.

Hell no.

I started doing CPR, pressing my hands against her chest and pushing down. I tried holding her nose and breathing in her mouth but nothing was working.

"Please Mia! Please baby!" I kept saying, tears streaming down my face. I was panicking, there was no way she could die. There was still so much I had to say to her, so much we could of done. I began to regret every shitty thing I did to her.

"Oh my God, baby, please!" I exclaimed. Her pulse wasn't strong.

Prayer. Mia always said that if something wasn't working, you had to pray.

I wasn't religious like her but I was going to try anything at the moment. I started praying, trying my hardest to keep swear words out of my sentences.

"Dear Lord, please! I'm begging you! I can't live without her!"

That's when she suddenly jerked, coughing out water with her eyes still shut. She was coughing violently and I pulled her on my lap, her head on my chest. I was beaming, crying tears of joy. I kissed her forehead, then her cheeks. I couldn't even describe how happy I was feeling. My love was alive, that was all that mattered. Thank God!

"You prayed?" I heard her angelic voice murmur although her eyes were closed and she looked as though she was sleeping. I held her tight, rocking her slightly. "Y-yeah. ." I kissed her forehead, sighing. "Don't ever do that to me again, baby."