Thirty Six

-Mia-

A month had gone by and everyone knew I was pregnant. I explained why I was a bit upset and they understood. I felt better after telling them and I had been given advice and books to read. It was nice being in a comforting atmosphere.

April however, didn't know about the baby. I was going to have a conversation to her properly to let her know. I was hoping that she would be happy as she loved babies but I didn't want her finding out by anyone else.

Cat had given birth to a beautiful girl named Lyric as she was listening to music one day and singing when the baby started kicking to the beat.

I did meet the baby and she was adorable and had bright hazel eyes, similar to her mother's. Cat seemed to forget about Roberto and had moved on. She was much happier than before probably because of River.

Now, River was her neighbour and they started talking for a while when Cat moved in and she told me that it was like love at first sight and they weren't dating but weren't just friends either. She wasn't sure about their relationship and thought she was moving on too soon from what happened. I told her to follow her heart and she did. They started dating not long after.

Anyway, I was leaning against the toilet, finishing my 'lovely' vomit before cleaning the toilet, moving to the sink and brushing my teeth.

I lifted my shirt, wanting to see if I the baby had grown a little bit more. My first scan was in a few weeks and I was excited to see my baby.

Hmm. .I told myself, growing slowly. .

I was going to take a picture each month to see how the baby was growing and then look back on it once I gave birth. I was excited and desperately wanted to go baby shopping but was going to wait until I found out the gender. I didn't want a surprise - I couldn't wait that long.

I was excited for little baby kicks, moving around, even for more pregnancy symptoms. I was even more excited to see the baby. I would dream about what it would look like. Me? Or Vincenzo? Maybe a mix of both of us.

"Mama, you look pwretty!" April said and I smiled, walking over to her. She was sat on the bed watching television from it while combing her doll's hair. "Thank you, sweetheart," I said, sitting on the edge of the bed. I switched the television off and looked at April who fixed her eyes on me.

"April, honey, I need to talk to you." She nodded, crossing her legs so she was sitting properly. "Do you like babies?" I asked and she nodded, a smile on her face which made me smile back. "Do you want a little brother or sister?"

She nodded again, "yes please."
I chuckled a little and placed my hand on my stomach. "Mommy's having a baby."

April squealed, wrapping her arms around me and hugging me as I chuckled, hugging her back. "A baby?" She asked, with her eyes open wide as we pulled away. "Yes," I said, smiling widely.

"Where?" She said, a little confused as I laughed. "Here, look," I said, putting my hand on my stomach. "The baby grows in my tummy."

"Wow!" April said, "can I touch?" I nodded and she put her had on my stomach as I smiled at her. "Hi, baby. I'm April." I chuckled a little before she put her ear against my stomach. "Mama, you hungry?" I shook my head as she did with hers.

"Your tummy roaring."

I laughed, taking her on my lap and hugging her before tickling her. I was assuming she meant that my stomach was rumbling with hunger. She squealed, laughing before I stopped tickling her and kissed her cheek.

"When the baby comes," I told her, "I might have to be with the baby a lot but I will still love you and be your mum, okay? I will love you both equally." She nodded, taking my words in.