Thirteen

-Mia-

I was dressed and ready the next morning. I hadn't seen Vincenzo at all for the rest of the day before and didn't really want to - but I had to.

I checked on Cat who seemed to be doing fine with Bambi and her little one then braced myself to go to work. It was six in the morning when I got in the house. I heard a baby's cry coming from the living room. I walked in to see Valentina cuddling Matteo as she began to breastfeed him.

"Hey," I said. She looked exhausted. Dark circles under her eyes, her hair was messy and her lips were chapped. She was slouched slightly but held Matteo upright to feed him. It looked as though she hadn't slept in a while. She yawned, "Hello."

"Didn't get much sleep?" I asked, taking a seat beside her. She nodded slowly, "no. .Dante wasn't home. Alex was sick during the night and Matteo won't settle," she sighed, leaning her head back. "Why hasn't Dante been home?" I asked. She rolled her eyes, "we got in a fight and I basically told him not to come home. I didn't think that he would actually listen, but,"

"That doesn't sound like him," I frowned as Valentina chortled, "yeah, well, a lot's changed in that man. Anyways, Vincenzo only came in the house at like three am. He's still asleep." I nodded, not wanting to face him. "Will you be alright? Do you want me to take Matteo?" She shook her head, smiling. "It's fine, thanks."

I said goodbye and left the room, slowly going upstairs. I checked Ariana and Alex's room to see if they were okay and they were - sleeping soundly in their beds. Lucky them getting to sleep in.

I knocked on Vincenzo's door twice and there was no answer. Sighing, I pushed the door open to see him still asleep. I bit my lip, moving closer so see that he was snoring however he had sweat covering his body and he kept twitching. His face was creased and he was muttering incoherent words. I soon realised he was having a nightmare.

Shoot.

I wasn't sure what to do. "Vince," I said, shaking him gently as he shivered. He was only wearing loose trousers. I pulled the duvet down, swiftly moving to the window and opening it. He was boiling hot.

I went back to him, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Vince! Wake up!" I shook him gently, sighing as he began to stop shaking.

With his eyes closed, he let out a loud groan. He turned to has laying on his back, his hands on laying on his stomach. He turned his head then opened his eyes to look into mine.

I smiled at him softly, holding his hand. "Hey. .are you okay?" I asked kindly, as he grunted, sitting up and surprising me by pulling me into a hug. He sighed, his head in the crook of my neck. I hugged him back, inhaling his cologne as he squeezed me tightly.

"Vince. .can't breathe. ." He instantly let me go, giving me a small smile. "I'm glad you're okay." I gave him a weird look playfully, "what do you mean? Of course I'm - eww, Vince!"
The man had sneezed and it was very loud and deep. He had grabbed a tissue beforehand to cover his red nose.

"God, my throat," he said, his voice muffled as he blew into the tissue. I placed my hand on his head, "you're still burning up." He shook his head, coughing. "I'm fine," his voice was hoarse. I rolled my eyes, moving to help him lay down. "Mia, I said I'm-"

"Shut up."

I covered him with the blanket before closing the window and sitting on the edge of the bed. "I think you have a cold. .or a fever," I said, my hands ran through his soft hair before I could stop myself and he smirked.