Chapter 7: New Faces, Old Hatred

Your POV

I held the box protectively under my arm, it's contents inside of the bulletproof steel. Had this been destroyed, I would've killed whoever did it, regardless if they were Team Rainbow or not. Anyway I was making my way to the briefing room and when I got there, I saw a number of my teammates including my brother there with Six.

"Ah, there you are Y/N. Sit." Six said my first name. She does this to distinct me and my brother from each other. I take a seat next to Ernesto and he nudged my shoulder.

"Hey...can I see it?" Reluctantly I hand the box to him and he takes it, opening it up and taking a peak inside to see it's contents. He sighed sadly and closed it, shaking his head. "It's a good thing this wasn't damaged. I'll put it in my room until yours is fixed."

I nodded and murmured a small thank you before Six cleared her throat and began briefing.

"We have a serious situation on our hands here team. Currently in New Mexico, there is a parasite within the town of Truth or Consequences. It has infested the entire town and all citizens have already evacuated."

"What about Quarantine, Six?" Jordan asked her.

"The National Guard has already walled off the city. However it's starting to prove ineffective as the parasite grows. I've already sent Ash ahead and she's requested all of you in particular to head over there and help her out."

"What exactly is our mission there ma'am?" This was Siu this time.

"Your mission is to contain and exterminate the parasites at all cost. To maximize your chances the UN has sent over two operators from the CRBN, they are biological crisis specialists and will ensure your success. God speed operators, dismissed." We all quickly left to go gear up. I went over to my destroyed room and grabbed a backpack from my debris covered closet. Throwing in whatever clothes I needed I proceeded to the locker room where I grabbed my newly fixed armor and my helmet.

"I put it away Y/N. No one can hurt them now. Here, I think you should take this with you." Ernesto told me as he grabbed his armor and handed me the object. I nodded and closed my locker as we all left towards the armory, stowing the valuable in my vest. There I requested two cases of my Hydras, but also my special grenades, ones that call for situations like this. "Everyone good to go? We're to nose up in five."

Everyone answered him and we all started making our way to the airfield. On our way there, I was surprised to see Marius coming with us.

"Apparently the Americans are upset about Team Rainbow coming to save them. Six sent me to be your guy's evac pilot for this op." He told us.

"Alright. Let's hope you still got it Marius. Let's move!" We all boarded the plane and took our seats. I looked out and sighed, knowing the same routine I have to go through.

"It's fine Hermano. Get your needed sleep, it'll help relieve you of the stress." Ernesto said, I looked at him and he had his helmet and balaclava on, but not his glasses. Shaking my head I leaned back in my seat and felt an arm wrap around me as I slowly fell asleep.

Timeskip...

"Holy shit..." I muttered as we drove down the hill that overlooked the city. The place looked like World War 3 has struck. Large fires and strange red crystal like formations were coming out of the ground. Currently I was in a truck with Jordan, Alexsandr, and Ernesto. Everyone else had arrived earlier via helicopter and were waiting for us.

We stopped near Ash's command tent and we all jumped off, with Jordan leading and Alexandr following.

"Goddamn Hoss, where'd you dig that relic up?" A nearby US soldier said as he held his DP-28 over his shoulder.