Chapter 5: What Bleeds Can Die

Valkyrie's POV

He feel asleep rather quickly. His body relaxed against the wall and we all looked at him. I always thought Lucifer was strange by being quiet, but him saving me just changed my opinion quite a bit.

"Is he-?" Ela tried to ask but Sledge stopped her.

"He'll be fine lass, just taking a wee nap. I'll carry him, the rest of ye find the bomb." Sledge slung one of Lucifer's arms over his shoulder and picked him up, but nearly dropped him.

"Let me help you Cowden." I grabbed Lucifer's other arm and slung it over me, immediately feeling the weight of all this gear. "Christ, all of his armor must weigh a lot to be this heavy!"

"Aye, I've lifted heavy things nearly all me life, but not like this." We both carried him down the hall, it's then I noticed that the other three of our teammates found the last bomb site. We dragged Y/N to a nearby couch and set him down on it. Sledge grabbed nearby coverings and blankets, pulling them over him. "Can't let the enemy know one of us is down."

"Alright, we need to bulk up. As soon as we put down the defuser those bastards are gonna come running." Craig said and we all broke, reinforcing our final objective. I threw one of my Black Eyes towards the end of the hall and into some of the adjacent rooms before barricading the doorway, nailing it shut.

"Meghan, help me with the reinforcements." Mira asked me. I grabbed two of the steel reinforcements and together we fortified some of the walls, forcing them closed with the thick steel barricades. For added measure Mira set one of her Black Mirrors into the wall, giving us visual into a room should the White Masks attempt to flank us.

"Alright, that should do it." I said and we all gathered around the bomb.

"Here's how it should go, Ela stays with Y/N to make sure those bastard don't harm 'em, the rest of us, defend the defuser until it's done. Now, let's do this." Everyone got into position while I readied the defuser. The cracking software immediately began to work on the bomb, triggering it's alarm system. "Here they come lads! Those who dare win!"

"We've got one minute before this thing is defused!" I announced and took cover behind a low wall. Grabbing my phone I checked the active cam feeds and saw White Mask soldiers pouring down the hallway to our panic room. "I count eight hostiles outside the door! Weapons ready!"

Sledge, Craig, and I pointed all of our weapons towards the door. All was quiet for a second before a breach charge destroyed the door. Flashbangs rolled in and we all immediately ducked back into cover. As the projectiles went off, I retaliated by throwing a brick of nitro at the door.

"Boom." Dialing the number the charge detonated, with pained cries following suit. Craig went forward with his shielded SCAR and began to fire at the remaining White Masks.

"Meghan! How much time?!"

"We still got thirty seconds! Clear them out."

"We got more coming through the reinforced wall, they got thermite!" Mira told us and I ran over to her Black Mirror, there was a squad of White Masks and one of them did have a thermite charge. "I have an idea, Sledge!"

"Yeah lass?!"

"Frag them when I break the Mirror!" Sledge ran over and took the pin off of a drag grenade. With the butt of her Vector, Mira destroyed the pressure cylinder on her Black Mirror and ejected the glass. When it ejected Sledge tossed the grenade through and we took cover behind the wall.

"Grenade!" Debris and shrapnel bursted through the opening in the wall and when it cleared, we knew they were dead. The defuser beeped and the alarm on the bomb ceased beeping.