Chapter 6: What's In The Box?

One Week After Operation Detox...

Six's POV

I was currently looking over a folder in my office. A representative from the UN dropped it off along with a folder talking about an outbreak going on in New Mexico within the US. They wanted Lucifer and Muro on this job since they were the best, along with them they were sending me two new operator's from the CRBN.

Status Report on Operator: Lucifer
-Condition: Stable, has successfully recovered from wounds.
-Equipment Check: Armor fully repaired, Nightsight calibrated and ready
-Designated Orders: To be moved to New Mexico for new OP
-Notes: Lieutenant Montoya requested his brother not be assigned to this OP, but was declined by high command

Setting the folders down I walked out of my office, my guards accompanying me. My cell phone began to rang and I looked at the caller ID. The cellphones of all members of Team Rainbow are unlisted and on private networks, which are maintened by Enatsu and Nam, so the only people who can call us are family or each other. Seeing that it was Ash, I answered it.

"Six here."

"Six, it's Ash, I have a report on the situation here in New Mexico." From the background I could hear the sounds of shouting and vehicles. From what I heard the National Guard has already locked down the city.

"Tell me."

"The situation is growing worse by the hour, the National Guard has already lost multiple teams within the hot zone, so has the SWAT, we're growing thin here."

"Acknowledged Cohen, this is starting to sound like what happened at Bartlett not too long ago."

"Bartlett doesn't even come close, Six. Can't even say if it's terrorism, or something else. I've got no operational jurisdiction."

"Roger, I'll start making phone call's to any National Guard high command within the area."

"Get them to let go a little, we're not the enemy here. If this isn't terrorism they still need us."

"Who should I send to help you for this Ash?"

"Send Thermite, Doc, and one of the Russians. Anyone else you think might help send them my way, but they are the ones I need right now."

"I'll arrange a briefing soon and having them deployed."

"And Six, send them fast, before this all burns down."

"Will do Ash, take care of yourself. Six out." The line went dead and I put my phone away. Well, guess it's time to for Team Rainbow to do what it does best, save lives.

Ela's POV

"So you guys walked into a room of nitro and Lucifer tackled Valk and you out of the way?" Jack (Pulse) asked me.

"Maybe if you actually wore armor Ela, you wouldn't have needed that brute to hold you down during an explosion." Zofia commented and I glared at my sister, even after Lucifer saved me, her precious younger sister, she still thinks negatively of him.

"That's not the point Zofia. The point is that Lucifer sticks his neck out for everyone but still refuses to ever really socialize with anyone." Yumiko broke through the tension and suggested.