Chapter 2: Old Wounds

Small Warning: Kind of graphic scenes ahead, continue at your own risk.

Your POV
6 Days After Op:NCFDM
1300 Hours
Hereford, UK

"Then you straighten your arms but relax your forearms, still keeping a tight grip, and just pull." I was instructing Timur as lately his accuracy was going down, so I showed him a few techniques I learned during my time in the C.F.E. I pulled the trigger on my HK417 four times, all shots landing near the bullseye.

"Amazing. Where did you learn this stuff comrade?" Timur asked. I sighed and set the rifle down.

"It's better you don't know." I say and walk away from the range. While walking to the armory to store my gear many of my coworkers talked amongst themselves.

"That's just strange, Timur is one of the best snipers I know. How can he shoot so quickly with such precision?" Alexsandr/Tachanka inquired.

"Not to mention the recoil, there should've been some if he's using a 417, but it looked like it didn't even affect him." Craig/Blackbeard answered.

"Is he a demon?" Grace/Dokkaebi chirped.

"His callsign is Lucifer, Grace. Take a hint." Chul/Vigil said to his partner from the 707th.

"Word is though he saved Eliza." Jordan/Thermite joined in.

"He saved Yumiko as well." Masaru/Echo added.

"He also saved Emmanuelle." Gustave/Doc said. After I put away my equipment I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to face Doc. He was wearing his doctor's jacket and was the official physician for Team Rainbow. "You can visit them if you'd like Y/N, they are progressing well."

"Thanks Doc..." I said lowly and walked away from the range and armory. Walking towards the clinical building I looked out onto the base, it was a normal summer day in Hereford, the heat picking up, just how I like it. I walked into the clinical building and looked into the physical therapy room's window. Inside Yumiko, Eliza, and Emma were recieving well, physical therapy, from Doc's assistants.

"They seem to be getting better. It was a miracle that you saved them." Six said beside me, I only glanced at her before resuming my previous action. "But you would know wouldn't you Montoya. You've watched them recover since you brought them back."

"I was just saving my team,that's all. No way did I want anyone dying on me on our first official op." I said and opened the release on my neck. My visor decompressed with a hiss and flipped up, letting me see them with my own eyes. "I've had too many good people die on me in the past..."

"I see...well you can come visit them as long as you need to. I'll have Kateb evaluate for combat efficiency. Good job again, Montoya." Six said and left me alone. I sighed and pressed my visor back down, sealing itself with a beep.

I walked away from the window and towards the dormitory, ignoring looks from many of the recruits and my coworkers as I pass by. Once I reach my dorm and sit down on my bed, I remove my helmet entirely, setting it down on my nightstand. Looking at the plain rectangular mirror on my dresser, my black crew cut hair and E/C eyes staring back at me. A scar ran across my right brow and ended halfway down my cheek. I sighed dreadfully, reaching into my jacket and pulling them out. A set of dog tags gleamed in the light of my room, not my own however.

Montoya
Victor, A
790-23-494
AB Negativo
Catholico

My finger grazed over my father's name. The even from that day forever etched into my mind. No matter what I do to hide it, nothing will ever make me forget my family's murder. I still remember it like it was yesterday.