Chapter 3: Broken Hearts

A/N: The fuck is up with Ubisoft naming a majority of the female ops with the letter E? Literally half or more have their first initials as E.

Caveira's POV

"Fine...it happened four years ago." Yumiko sat across from me, waiting to listen to my story about Y/N...my ex boyfriend.

Flashback 1 Begin

"While in BOPE I had quite a few friends aside from Vicente. My best friend in the unit was my girlfriend Beatriz. I found out she had gotten married to someone from the Mexican military and that she just had her two sons. So I bought myself a ticket to Mexico City to see her boys."

I sighed as I left the gate, stretching and feeling kinda jet lagged. I walked through the airports, ignoring the busy and chattering people of multiple nationalities and languages, which consisted of mainly Spanish. I made my way to baggage claim and as soon as I grabbed my duffel bag, two arms wrapped themselves around me from behind.

"Taina! Tem sido muito longo!" Beatriz greeted and I laughed, turning around and hugging her back.

"É bom te ver, Beatriz." I responded in Portuguese. I looked over her shoulder and saw a tall, well built man watching us.

"So this is when you finally met the Lieutenant?"

"Well yeah. To be honest I was intimidated by him at first, but it's not like I ever made it apparent."

"Oh! Where are my manners. Taina, this is my husband Ernesto. Ernie, this is Taina." She introduces us and he approached me, eyeing me up and down with a questioning look. But soon his expression softened and he held out his hand, to which I shook.

"Heh, Beatriz has said a lot about you. Any friend of hers is a friend of mine." He said and smiled warmly. While usually I would be disgusted by any man smiling at me, his was genuinely friendly. Well that and I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of my best friend.

"Likewise." Is all I said. Ernesto offered to carry my duffel bag as we left the baggage claim to the parking lot. Me and Beatriz made a lot of small talk along the way as we walked through the busy terminal, taking in the humid and warm Mexico air. When we reached the car, which was an SUV, Ernesto put my duffel bag in the back while Beatriz said me and her should sit in the back so we could catch up.

"Wow. You and her are close, aren't you."

"Were...we were close. But it all changed after what I did to them...to Y/N."

"So, tell me about your boys? Like, what are their names? You never told me." I chuckled and Beatriz giggled while Ernesto glanced at us in the rear view mirror.

"Well, this dork in the front begged for our first born to be named Ernesto Junior, so that's his name." She said and laughed along with her husband.

"And the other one?" I prompted her.

"Oh! His name is Pedro." She said and I laughed this time.

"Wait wait. You two didn't do the typical thing and name them similar names?" I asked.

"Nope, because according to this guy in the front-."

"Matching names are for suckas." He finished and we all laughed. It didn't take too long before we happened on an actually nice house. It wasn't a mansion or anything but it certainly wasn't low tier either. It was a two story house with a navy blue painted exterior, there was a porch and veranda, with some plants in pots growing in random places. There was also a barbed wired concrete wall that encircled the small property. I wondered how they could afford something like this.