36.

Saturday, February 18

9:00 am

Elijah

It's been about a month since Mike and I broke up, and I haven't done shit. Obviously the wedding was cancelled, but I also postponed the coronation (much to my mother's dismay). I didn't feel like doing much of anything really.

But I have been thinking a lot lately. . .

What if my mother had been right from the start about me and Mike getting married? About. . . me being gay?

What if the last year of my life has just been one big mistake? A lie?

Maybe things were supposed to turn out this way. We weren't supposed to work out after all.

But there was still one HUGE underlying issue with this whole thing. . .

He was still carrying my child.

Mike

*FLASHBACK*

*2 weeks ago*

"Elijah will you please just talk to me and let me explain?!"

"Explain what?" He laughed bitterly. "How you just laid there with a man who wasn't me? I think that's pretty much self-explanatory, don't you?"

I was fighting back tears at this point. I took a deep breath to try to calm myself. "It was a mistake, Elijah."

He stepped closer to me until our faces were only inches apart. "No. The REAL mistake was letting you turn me into something I'm not."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I had been laying in bed for the past month. I haven't eaten in 2 weeks, haven't left the house, haven't helped my mom in the store. What was the point? I just didn't want to do anything anymore, being on this Earth included. After what I did to Elijah, I didn't deserve to be here.

"What the HELL are you doing here?!" I heard my mom shout from the other room. The other voice was muffled, but I could hear my mother's loud and clear.

"Mike come quick!" Macy said bursting into my room.

"What is it Macy? I'm not in the mood right now."

"Pleaseee! It's important!"

I sighed and got up and followed her. . . And instantly regretted it when I saw who my mom was yelling at.

"Why are you here?" I asked him quietly.

"I came to check on you."

"Well as you can see he's still alive and well. Now get out, before I throw you out!" My mom shouted.

"Mom it's okay. Just. . . Give me a minute alright?"

"Mike-"

"5 minutes mom. That's it."

"Macy let's give your brother some privacy." They left the room while we went outside and sat on the front steps.