35.

Saturday, January 21

*Elijah and Mike's Wedding Day*

5:32am

Mike

It's finally our wedding day, and I'm not excited ONE. BIT.

Why?

Because I still haven't told Elijah the truth.

Again, why?

Because I'm a fucking idiot, that's why.

I literally haven't slept all night, and I'm supposed to be getting up in half an hour to get ready.

The guilt is eating me alive and I haven't been the same since that day. I know Elijah senses something's wrong, yet he hasn't come to talk to me about it. Honestly, I'm glad he hasn't said anything, because I know that if he did, I'd break down in tears.

I don't wanna hurt him, but I know that the longer I wait to tell him, the worse it's gonna be for all of us.

Elijah

The day has finally come for Mike and I to get married and I am seriously the happiest man alive right now. It seems like I've been waiting forever for this day to come. But lately, I've been feeling a little. . . off when it comes to Mike. I don't know, I just feel like something's wrong. He's been acting really weird these last couple of weeks. I've been wanting to talk to him about it, but I don't want it to seem like I'm smothering him. . .

But it's killing me knowing that something could be wrong and he's keeping it from me.

My thoughts were interrupted by a know on my door.

"Come in."

Mike peeked his head around the door shyly. "H-hey Lijah." He sounded extremely nervous.

"Hey, I was just thinking about you." I smiled standing. I gave him a quick peck on the lips and pulled him further into my room. "What's up?"

"N-nothing." He stammered sitting next to me on the bed.

"Okay, what's going on Mike?"

"W-w-what do you mean?"

"That! That's what I mean! You've been acting strange these last couple of weeks. You've been stuttering, acting nervous, you run away pretty much anytime I'm in the same vicinity as you. It's our freaking wedding day for crying out loud and we haven't had a full conversation in weeks!"

Silence.

"Michael," I whispered. He looked up at me, tears brimming his eyes. "Talk to me. Please. . ." I was practically begging now.

"I. . . I-"

"There you are!" My mom burst in, interrupting our conversation. "Y'all can't be late to your own wedding, no mater how royal you are!" She grabbed me and Mike's hands pulling us to the door. "Come on now, you gone have a whole palace full of people waiting on y'all and unless you wanna walk down the aisle naked, you better act like y'all asses have some place to be!" (A/N: Anybody read this in a "Cookie Lyon" voice?🤣)