23.

Saturday, October 1

11:30am

Mike

"How many boxes are left honey?"

"I think about 5 or 6." We'd all been up since about 6am moving boxes and trying to get settled into our new house. Every time I said those words, the smile on my face grew. New House. I loved the sound of that. I still couldn't believe Elijah did this for us. I mean, he didn't just buy us a house, he had one built for us. I tried so hard to fight him on this. Don't get me wrong, I appreciated this with everything in me, but this was a little too much. I mean buying me a necklace was one thing, but a whole house? But he wouldn't take no for an answer. So we graciously accepted the house and began to move in, with the help of his servants of course.

I walked back outside and grabbed one of the bigger boxes filled with a bunch of dishes and silverware. "Now what is a gorgeous man like you doing lifting all these heavy boxes by yourself?" I snapped my head around to see the one person who could brighten anybody's day walking up behind me, with a pair of red and black basketball shorts on, a black wife beater, and black sneakers.

"This house has to get put together somehow right?" I gave him a small, nervous smile.

"That's what I sent my people here for, so you wouldn't have to lift a finger." He grinned grabbing my waist and pulling me closer, pecking my cheek lightly.

"Well not everyone can just buy people to do their simple work for them." I snapped without meaning to. I really didn't mean to say that out loud. Or even in my head.

"Whoa I-I'm sorry. I was just trying to help, make this a little easier for you."

"I-I know. I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean it like that. I've just. . .had a lot on my mind, that's all."

"Like what?"

I turned away from him, shifting uncomfortably. "I-it's nothing, really."

He cupped my chin, turning my head back to look at him. "What happened to not keeping secrets from each other? It almost broke us up before and I don't wanna go down that road again."

I sighed, knowing he was right. I couldn't lose him again. "I know. . . I'm sorry. It's just. . .don't you think this is all a little too much."

"I'm not sure I understand what you mean?" He said, confusion written all over his face.

"Elijah you bought us a house, fully furnished and paid for; you're having your family open up a string of boutiques all across the kingdom in my family's name! Eli we'll never be able to pay you back for this." And it was the truth, but it wasn't all that was bothering me.

"I'm not asking you to. Mike, I'm doing this because I love you, your family too. You guys mean everything to me and. . .I don't know what I'd do without you." He said sincerely. "Do you understand that? I love you."

I nodded. "I-I love you too." I pecked his lips before turning back around to finish bringing in the boxes.

"Michael." I stopped but didn't turn back around. "That's not all that's bothering you. . .is it?"

I heard him walk closer to me, grabbing my hand and turning me to face him once again. "Baby you know you can tell me anything, no matter what." I nodded because I did know that, but the truth was, there wasn't really anything to tell. I honestly didn't know what was wrong with me. I just felt like something was going to happen. I couldn't tell if it was good or bad. . . .just something. "Mike?"

I grabbed his face and kissed him hard. There was so much passion and longing in this kiss. I wanted it to say something. To tell him that everything was going to be alright, that no matter what happened it was gonna be me and him against the word. I needed it to tell him that I wasn't hiding anything, even if I was. I pulled away slowly, resting my forehead against his. "I promise, everything is fine. I've just been feeling a little off lately, but I promise I'm okay."

"If anything changes, promise me you'll let me know?"

I nodded pecking his lips again and again. "I promise." I pulled away and grabbed his hands. "Now, how about you come and help me get my room set up, and maybe break in my new bed?" I said biting my bottom lip.

"I say, that we stop talking about it and get moving." He whispered, pulling me closer and giving my ass a tight squeezing, causing me to squeal. I pulled him up the stairs and towards my room. Maybe this will help get rid of this strange feeling I've been having lately. . .

********

Elijah

3:45pm

I'm really starting to worry about Michael. He's been acting really strange lately and I have no idea why. And when I try to confront him about it, he tries to brush me off like it's nothing. He seemed really upset earlier, but then he tried to take me up to his new room to "mess around." But I knew that was just to cover up what he was really feeling, so I stopped it before it got too far.

I just hope it's nothing serious. Even if it were serious, he'd tell me right? Right?!

On a happier note, I've been planning out Michael's proposal, but I'm having a lot of trouble with it. I don't want it to be too simple, yet I don't want it to be so extravagant that it sends him running for the hills either.

My biggest fear though, is that he's going to say no. I mean, I don't have a doubt in my mind that Mike loves me, and I love him with all my heart and soul. But. . .what if he's not ready for this type of commitment? What if he's afraid because he's going to have to be King alongside me? What if he's still worried about the rest of the kingdom judging our relationship? I'm completely over all of that. I've made it perfectly clear that i don't care about anyone else's feelings but mine and Michael's.

I just hope he still feels the same way. . .

Eh. . . 😕

Just a slight filler for now.

What do y'all think is wrong with Michael?

How do y'all think Elijah's proposal is gonna go?

Any other thoughts on the chapter in general? Please let me know!

If y'all haven't noticed, I've been updating a lot faster than usual. That's because of all the extra comments, they seriously make my day and motivate me to write faster (even when I'm sick lol) so thank y'all so much for that and please keep it up!!❤️

I think that's all for now! Don't forget to Vote and Comment please!!

Until next time! Love y'all!!👋💘

Forever Yours | Milijah
Copyright 2017 © All Rights Reserved