33.

Thursday December 29

12:00pm

Mike

I was currently sitting in my room back at my mom's house, looking through the photo album Elijah gave me for Christmas for the billionth time (today). Every time I looked through it, I always stopped on the same page: the "Gender" page. I had no idea what gender I wanted this baby to be. If it's a boy, it'd have to go through life with everything being just as hard for him as it was for me. But if it's a girl, would things really be any easier?

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Since I was the only one home, that meant, much to my dismay, that I'd have to get up.

The knocking turned to banging as I came closer and closer to the door. "I'm coming I'm coming! Geez." I rolled my eyes. I swung the door open to find none other than-

"Jacob."

"Hi."

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I-I wanted to apologize for what happened the last time we saw each other. . . May I come in?" He asked trying to get get past me.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I said trying to block his path once again.

"Ouch. I guess I deserve that." He chuckles nervously, stepping back a little. When he saw I wasn't laughing with him, his smile faded. "Look, I'm sorry. For not telling you how I felt sooner before I left all those years ago, then coming back thinking we could pick up where we left off just like that. For almost kissing you. For disrespecting your. . . Fiancé." He nearly choked on that last word. "For losing you."

"Jacob-"

"I meant as a friend Mike." He chuckled. "I guess what I'm really trying to say is. . . Do you think maybe we can start over? Please?"

"I don't know." I looked at the ground nervously.

"I'll even apologize to Elijah! I just want everything to be right with us. Pleaseeeee?"

"Well. . . Okay. I guess we can start over." I said giving him a slight smile."

"Seal the deal with a hug?"

"Really?"

"What? Friends hug all the time!"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Fine. ONE hug." He opened his arms and embraced me in the warmest, softest, hug I've ever gotten. My head rested against his shoulder as I melted into him.

"Uhhh. . ." I quickly pulled away as I realized our hug was lasting a second too long. "I should probably get back inside." I turned to leave when. . .

"Wait!" I stopped. "How about we hang out later? Maybe catch up?" 

"Umm. . ." I hesitated. That had bad idea written all over it.

"Oh come on. We're friends again right?" He asked smiling sweetly at me.

I rolled my eyes unable to hide my smile. "Okay fine. On one condition."

"Anything."

"You apologize to Elijah. TODAY." I smirked. He's not gonna do it. I know he's not, because Elijah gets under his skin too much.

His body stiffened at the mention of Elijah's name again, but he tried to hide it with a smirk of his own. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

**********

1:15pm

Elijah

"Soooo. . . Do you forgive me?"

". . . HELL. NO." I said putting emphasis on each word, giving him the biggest death glare I could possibly muster.

"Oh come on Elijah! He apologized. An actual, sincere apology. What more could you want?"

"You wanna know what I want?" I said looking back at Jacob. He waited expectantly as I stepped closer to him.

"I want you to stay away from us. Both of us."

"Elijah." Mike pulled me to the side so that we were out of earshot from Jacob. "What the hell was that?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "You can't really expect me to stay away from him. He's my friend."

"No Mike. This. . . Whatever it is, is toxic and you know it. I don't trust him and you shouldn't either. There's something about him, this bad feeling that I get. Trust me Mike."

He shook his head at me. "Well I think you're wrong. Please just give him a chance. And if I'm wrong you can rub it in my face forever."

I thought for a moment and groaned. I really hated saying no to him but- "Fine."

He pulled me in for a hug. "Yes! Thank you thank you thank you!"

"Yeah yeah whatever." I rolled my eyes somewhat playfully. "Just. . . Be careful, okay? I'd never be able to forgive myself if something happened to you knowing there's something I could've done to stop it."

He pecked my lips gently before replying. "I will. I promise. Now go apologize."

"Uggghhh." I groaned. Now THAT I've never been good at.

Forever Yours | Milijah
Copyright 2017 © All Rights Reserved