34.

Saturday, January 7

10:00am

Mike

It was finally January. That meant only 2 weeks until the wedding and 3 weeks until Elijah was going to officially become king. I know I was supposed to be happy, but I was kind of stressed out. Elijah was definitely no better. He was running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to finish any final preparations for the coronation. The wedding planning was pretty much finished.

So why was I stressed?

Because my fiancé had no time for me, that's why.

No matter where I asked to go or what I asked him to do, he was always too busy or too tired. I'm the one carrying this damn baby, but do you see my complaining about how exhausted I am? HELL. NO.

But I knew someone who wouldn't be too tired to spend time with me. . .

"Hey there." I looked up to see Jacob standing in front of me, smiling.

"Hi." I gave him a small smile.

"You look like you're deep in thought." He started, sitting next to me on our front porch. "What's on your mind?"

I thought for a moment. Did I really wanna ruin this day by complaining about Elijah? "Nothing you need to be concerned about." I smiled sweetly at him. "Let's go." I stood up and grabbed his hand, pulling him up with me.

He smiled and stood up, not letting go of my hand and we began to walk. Oh boy. This was gonna be a very long day.

********

"Wow. You really built this?"

"Well me and my dad." I usually NEVER brought anyone to this treehouse. Nobody but Elijah.

"It's amazing, seriously!" He looked around the treehouse and at the view around it.

I blushed and attempted to change he subject. "So um. . . I know there's not much we can do up here, but I figured we could just hang out for a little while." I shrugged.

"Well what about Elijah? Not sure he'd appreciate me being up here alone with you." He said sitting on the floor.

I looked away from him.

"Uh oh. Trouble in Paradise?"

"No!" I answered all too quickly. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Not completely."

He patted the spot next to him. "You said we were gonna talk right?"

I bit my lip before sitting next to him. "It just seems like he has no time for me. I mean I know he's gonna be king and everything, but is this how it's gonna be from now on? I come second to everything else? To everyone else?"

"Hate to break it to you Mike, but he's just doing his job."

I shook my head. "Sometimes. . . Sometimes I just wonder what I've gotten myself into. Falling for him I mean."

"Sometimes you can't help who you fall in love with." He whispered it, but I still heard him loud and clear. "But just know," he spoke a little louder, "that no matter what happens, I'll always be there for you. All you have to do is call me." He gave me a small smile.

I didn't notice until now that he was stroking my cheek. I looked into his dark brown eyes and he gave me a small, reassuring smile. I don't know when it happened, but I started leaning forward. We got closer and closer, until I couldn't take it anymore.

I closed the small gap between us, and I kissed him. It was gentle at first, but it didn't take long before his tongue was in my mouth. I ran my fingers through his hair and he moaned slightly. "Mike. . ." He said against my lips.

"Shhh. . ." I said back. I climbed on top of him so that I was straddling him. "I need you to help me feel better. . ." I whispered in his ear. I looked in his eyes and saw nothing but lust. "Please. . ." I started to grind my hips against him. That did it. He brought his lips back up to mine and began to unbutton my pants.

********

3:45pm

What the fuck did I just do?

I cheated on Elijah, that's what.

We didn't sleep together. . . But I let him touch me. And I touched him.

Elijah was gonna kill me. Unless I die from guilt first. He didn't deserve this. And I definitely don't deserve him. Not anymore I don't.

I walked through my front door, and saw my little sister sitting on the floor playing cards with. . .

"Elijah." I froze.

"Hey you." He put his cards down and got up.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I felt like I was suffocating.

"Well I decided to let my mom handle everything else today so we could spend some time together! But when I got here, Macy said you weren't here. Where were you?" The smile never left his face. Meanwhile, my face just screamed "I'M GUILTY!"

"Oh uh. . . I was. . . I was hanging out with Jacob." I said trying to avoid looking directly in his eyes.

"Oh. Did you have fun?"

All I could do was nod. He smiled and pulled me into a hug, while I tried to hold back my tears. He could not find out about what I did. I couldn't lose him. Not now, not ever.

********

Noooo Michael what is you doing??😱😭🤦‍♀️

Okay before I get into the rest of this AN, let me just say I am soooooooooo sorry for not updating this sooner! I've been so busy with work and such that I haven't had as much time as I would like to get these updates out.😭

But I'm back now! And I am NOT giving up on this story!😅

I will try to get more updates out each month so it doesn't seem like I'm leaving y'all hanging.

Okay back to the story. Do y'all think Mike is gonna come clean?🤔

Wtf Jacob?🙄

What do y'all think is next for Rachel?👀

Let me know in the comments!!

I think that's all for now!

Until next time!! Love y'all!! 👋💘

Forever Yours | Milijah
Copyright 2017 © All Rights Reserved