2.

Thursday, March 31

9:07am

It was a little after 9am and Michael was currently working on his daily chores. He, along with his mother and 9 year old sister Macy, ran the only clothing store in the Kingdom of Jade and were considered the best seamstresses and tailors around. Even though they practically owned the business, they still occasionally struggled to put food on the table after accounting for the costs of materials and actually maintaining the place.

As he continued on with his work, he couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night. He had gone to the bakery for a loaf of bread, but the baker had told him they were completely out. Michael thought his family was going to go to bed hungry. . . again. He had come home to tell his mother of the disappointing news, but before he could really get into the house well enough, something strange yet wonderful happened.

~~~~
Michael's mother had sent him to fetch a loaf of bread for dinner last night. It was getting late, the bakery was going to close in less than 15 minutes. He didn't want his mother and little sister to go to bed hungry, so he ran. He ran for miles and miles until the store came into view. He didn't care how tired he was, how much his legs were cramping; he refused to let his family starve. Michael couldn't care less about himself or his well being. They were far more important.

He knew that the baker promptly closed the bakery at exactly 9pm every night, not a second after, so he rushed in there with one minute to spare.

"I need. . . A loaf of bread. . .please."  He said completely out of breath.

"Sorry Michael. We're all out." Michael's face immediately fell as his stomach growled loudly. He shuffled sadly out of the bakery and began to walk down the pathway back to the small cottage-like home he shared with his mother and younger sister.

He couldn't believe that they would have to go hungry yet another night. Ever since his father died 2 years ago, Michael has been considered the man of the house. His father told him as he laid on his death bed that he trusted him to run the house while he was gone. That he knew that he could rely on him to take care of his mother and sister. But he knew that every night he was unable to provide any food for his family, he was letting his mother, and his father, down yet another time. It killed him inside.

As he proceeded to trudge towards his home, he couldn't help but feel like he was being followed. . . But by who? There was never really any crime in this village, so he tried to push it to the back of his mind.

He arrived home about 30 minutes later, not at all prepared to deliver the bad news to his mother. He shut the door behind him, but before he could really go any further, there was an abrupt knock on the door. Michael turned around and opened the door only to find that there was no one there. He looked around, still seeing no one, but something caught the corner of his eye. Looking down, he saw a brown paper bag filled to the top with who knows what. When he took a closer look inside, he saw a loaf of bread along with multiple pastries. "But the baker said there was nothing left. . ." He thought to himself. Michael looked around again, and still saw no one. Was this a gift from God, or someone else? Or both? All he knew was his family wouldn't starve tonight, and he was forever grateful.
~~~~
DING!

Michael's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a bell, signaling that someone had entered the shop. He looked up from his current work to see who had arrived and was immediately caught in a daze, put in a trance even. Before him stood the most beautiful boy he'd ever laid his eyes on. The boy looked in his direction, a beautiful smile gracing his perfect lips. He began to walk towards Michael, who seemed to feel as if everything was moving in slow motion. He bit his lip as he continued to watch the God-like figure approach him.

He continued to stare at the boy's lips, imagining how they would feel on his own. Then they started to move. Unfortunately, Michael didn't hear a word that escaped them.

"Um, hello?" The beautiful stranger spoke up a bit, unsure of whether or not Michael heard him.

Michael was pulled out of his trance as he realized he was being rude and staring at the stranger. "I-I'm sorry, w-what did you say?" He stuttered, a light blush creeping upon his cheeks.

The boy smiled again before speaking. "I was wondering if you would help me find something?"

"O-of course. Did you have anything particular in mind?"

"Something that will impress a special someone. Something that won't make me look like I'm trying too hard, but trying hard enough. You know?"

Michael nodded. "Well if you want, I can show you a couple of ensembles to see what you like?"

"Perfect." Michael guided the boy towards the male section of the store.

"So what is this special someone of yours like? Maybe that'll help us pick something better?" Michael suggested shyly tucking his bottom lip in between his teeth.

"I'm actually not sure. This'll be our first date." He paused. "What would you look for in a person?"

Michael looked up from the racks. "Actually. . . I wouldn't really care how he dresses. I'd care more about how we spend our time together. . ."

"He? So. . . You're. . .?" He seemed as if he were afraid to ask the question, not wanting to be offensive so Michael finished for him.

"Into guys? Yeah I guess I am. Is that a problem?"

"No not at all." He shook his head rapidly. "Actually, I-"

"Michael?!" Michael looked over to see Macy running over to him.

"Yes?"

"Yes?"

"Mother needs your help in the back!"

"Uh-"

"It's alright. I need to be going anyway. We can finish this up another day, if that's alright with you?"

"Y-yes of course." Michael stuttered.

"Great, I'm looking forward to it." The boy walked closer to him, and grabbed his hand. He brought it up to his lips and planted a gentle kiss on it. "It was nice to finally meet you, Michael." He released his hand and began to head for the door.

Finally? Michael thought. "Wait!" He caught the attention of the perfect gentleman. "What's your name?"

He grinned at Michael before answering. "Eli." With that, he walked out the door leaving Michael stuck in a daze.

I didn't mean to make it this long🤔 oh whale! Vote and comment please😊💋💘

Forever Yours | Milijah
Copyright 2016 © All Rights Reserved