Chapter 10 Mother

Start from the beginning

My Poor Baby...

Mikoto sobbed loudly yet once again, her emotions overflowing and the barrier that usually kept them in broke.
Mikoto fell to her knees, letting out a strangled scream. Her child was dead! She knew it, the second Fugaku had allowed him to leave to fight Orochimaru, of all people, he was dead.

She pulled on her hair until she basically ripped it out

She screamed until her throat burned

She cried until no more tears would fall

Mikoto wanted to curl up into a ball and just die, she loved her other family dearly, but without her first baby here beside her she saw no point in living.

Mikoto, her thoughts mingled by her mourning, reached for the knife block on the countertop across from her, her pain would be over soon, right? After this it would be, she was sure. She had gotten ahold of the sharpest knife in the block, she saw the moon reflecting off of it revealing her reflection, but not only hers.

Mikoto gasped.

She whirled around.

And launched herself into her eldest sons arms. Crying. Hurting. Screaming. All of these things at once. Yet all she felt was happiness. He was here! Back safely in her arms. Her baby was alive, so Mikoto did the one thing a mother did best.....

She smothered her son until he couldn't even breathe.

Itachi's Pov
Uchiha Compound

Itachi has quietly returned Sakura to her proper place on his bed, but this time he set traps outside his windows and his bedroom door, and just for shits and giggles one outside his closet door.

To say that  Itachi was surprised when he heard a scream come from downstairs, would be an understatement. He was scared shitless.

As he gathered his composure, the scream sounded again, but he also heard sobs, choked cry's, but then they stopped.

And so did his heart.

Only one thought ran through his head as he shushined down into the kitchen, just behind the shaking form of his mother.

Suicide.

What was she doing?!

He saw her reach for a knife.

No! Kami-Sama please no!

She unsheathed it from the block.

He activated his Sharingan.

She held the knife up to the moonlight watching her own reflection, and so did he.

Her cheeks were stained red, her eyes puffy and tired looking. Dark rings outlined the bottom of her eyes, making her look somewhat similar to him with the unnatural lines that adorned his aristocratic features.

That was until she dropped the knife, whirled on him, and tackled him in a bone-crushing hug.

Itachi unable to see his mother in this state any longer, hugged her back, letting her cry herself out.

His first question, he guessed, surprised her.
"Where is father?" He asked carefully.

Mikoto sniffled and wiped her eyes before looking at him with caring and loving eyes, in which he returned.

"I believe he returned to his study about three hours after you're departure, or so I was told." She replied quietly.

"Did he now?" He replied equally as quiet.

Itachi was a very patient person, but right now, all he wanted to do was get to his father to finish what he started.

Mikoto unable to detect the unhappy note in her sons' voice, thanks to her, now, renewed spirit, smiled happily at him.
" I think we should get some sleep, ne Itachi-Kun?" She said pleasantly.

Itachi, who was in no place to disagree nodded.

"Yes we should you head up, I'll go let father now that I have returned, I love you mother." He said hugging her once more.

"I love you too," She said hugging him back.

Silence wrapped around them.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"If you get any bigger than this it will be weird to hold you like this..."
And for once they both laughed, no one judging them based off of their actions.
————————————————————
hey good afternoon! I'm happy to report I am so close to 300! I'm very happy!!! Have a good day!!

                                                                                                                                            -lovesnaruto7