Chapter 25:

I found my seat and it was a window seat which I preferred. I got the option to choose because I was a minor. I looked at each person as they got onto the flight. There were many families, young couples and even old couples. I was lucky enough to get to sit next to an old couple. They both looked happy.

“Traveling alone?” The old lady asked me after she settled her bag under her chair.

“Yeah. I’m a little nervous.” I admitted because I was. I could tolerate flying but I was never a fan of it.

“Don’t be. Me and Arnold here are professionals.” She gave me a sincere smile and i smiled back.

“Visiting California?” I asked.

“We actually live there. We were just visiting family back here. My youngest daughter just had another baby girl.” 

“What did she name her?”

“Reagan. Her older sister named her.” 

“That’s so weird. That’s my name.” I laughed at the odd coincidence. 

“Her older sister said she named her after a young princess who was with her prince. She told me how this prince and princess was going to live happily ever after and get married. It was cute story, she had a great imagination.” The proud grandmother smiled. I sat there living in the irony. I was that little girl inspiration. Me and Luke. I was the princess.

“I bet she is a lovely grand daughter. You’re lucky.” I smiled 

“I am.” She said as the plane took off. I gripped the handle bars of the chair. 

“This is my favorite part.” The older lady said smiling.

“It’s not mine.” I smiled at her. I secretly hoped that I was like this old lady when I got older. She seemed like the cool grandparent.

I was awake for a majority of the flight. I had the best conversations with the lady, whose name was Marge. We talked about everything. She told me about her daughters and her grandchildren. She told me about her husband Arnold and about their pets back home. She also told me about California and how much I will love it. In return I told her about my life in Australia. I told her about my father and how it was hard for me to talk about him. I told her about the Janoskians and being apart of them. I told her about how going to UCLA has been a dream and how i got so much money to go. I told her about making movies. But for the most part I told her about Luke. We talked about Luke for over three hours! I didn’t even thing that was possible. Before we landed she had told me one thing. She told me that True love always finds its way and works out when it meant to be. It was the last thing I heard her say before we both had to get off of the plane. I lived by that advice.

I grabbed my backpack that was under my seat. I had a small suitcase that I had to get just because I had to change into more appropriate attire. I wouldn’t be going to school here until August and it was Late January.  I went into the closest bathroom and changed into my jeans and I had a long sleeved shirt on with a scarf. It wasn’t too cold but it wasn’t really warm. There was the morning chill.  I looked at the guys holding up the signs until I found one that said Ratoni. A younger man with blonde hair and a light beard was holding the sign, he was typical California surfer i expected to see.

“Ms. Ratoni” He smiled at me.

“Are you my taxi man?” I asked.

“That’s me.” He said grabbing my suitcase and i followed him out to the taxi.

“Thank you.” I said as he opened the door to the taxi cab. 

“UCLA?” He asked.

“Um can we stop somewhere where i can get some coffee first please?”
“Starbucks?” He offered and i just agreed. I turned on my phone as it buzzed rapidly. I had 4 texts from Jai. 3 from James and 23 from Luke. I smiled. They were all saying how crazy the fans were and how loud it was. Luke sent me a picture of the crowd and there was a video of the fans screaming my name. It was around 8:30 here. It was 1:30 in the morning where the boys where. I got out of the taxi to order my vanilla iced large coffee. I needed the caffeine. I quickly texted Jai and James saying I missed them and that I was going to UCLA now. I texted Luke saying that I missed him a lot. He answered me saying he was waiting up for my message and that he had another signing tomorrow well today their time. I tweeted too twice in a row.

“@luke_brooks i miss you Lukey! Love you!” and “on my way to UCLA!!! They have the largest coffee here!” I said tweeting a picture of my coffee. I also instagramed the coffee picture and a picture of me in the taxi. Ariving at UCLA was amazing. The campus was huge and beautiful. 

“I’ll see you at 5?” I told the taxi guy paying him for the trip. I walked along the campus with my back pack on sipping my coffee holding my phone and a map. 

“Ya need some help?” I guy asked. He was wearing a UCLA baseball sweatshirt. He was just like the taxi driver. Tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, and tan. I smiled because he was cute, but then i thought of Luke.

“Um yeah. I’m looking for Professor Thymal? I said looking over the email. He was my movie editing teacher I was meeting.

“Follow me, i was going that way anyway.” He said leading me.

“Thank you.” I said following him and throwing out the rest of my unfinished coffee.

“What brings you to California? I don’t think you’re from around here.” 

“I’m on orientation. I’m thinking about coming here next year.” I said taking a picture of the school. 

“Where are you from? England?”

“No.” i laughed because he wasn’t the only one who did that. “I’m originally from New York but I moved to Australia when I was 6. I guess my accents from both places kind of mixed.” 

“Why would you come to UCLA?”

“The Film Editing and the movie industry. I want to be a director i guess. I want to make great movies.” 

“Welcome to California home of Hollywood.” 

“Thanks i know it’s really far shotted but still. I was offered this major scholarship so I took this opportunity.”

“Nonsense plenty of famous people went here. Ben Stiller, James Franco, Rob Reiner. Even Steven Spielberg tried to apply but couldn’t get in.” 

“Thanks.”

“I’m Justin by the way. I’m going to be a Senior next year, when you come.” 

“If I come.” 

“Trust me you’re going to end up coming. If you get into  UCLA’s film program your bound to go here. What’s your name?”

“I’m Reagan.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Reagan. And i bet I will be seeing you here next year. One you get talking to Thy there is no better person to help you decide.” He smiled.

“I hope so. I want to go here but it’s just like hard being so far away from home.”

“I woudn’t know because I grew up in California. But i know it will be all good just because everyone here is like one giant family basically.”

“That’s coming from this probably big athlete who everyone loves.” I made fun of him.

“I’m just a baseball player. You probably don’t know what that is.”

“I did live in New York for 6 years. My dad was a big Mets fan.” I smiled at him.

“They are terrible. I’m a dodger’s fan myself. My dream is to be drafted by them one day. But who knows. It’s just a dream too big to happen.”

“Don’t say that Justin. My best friends back home are living out their dreams right now and so am I. So don’t think it’s not possible.” I reassured him.

“I got to go Reagan. But Professor Thymal’s classroom is through those big doors over there. It was nice meeting you. I hope I will see you around here.” He said before running off towards the other building.

_____________________________________________________________________________ Holy crapola, over 2,000 reads. Thanks guys.-Skyla