Chapter 13:

So well if you are reading this can you tell me how it is? Because I have written the entire story (well basically) and I don't know if anyone actually likes it. Thank you!!!! -Skyla

___________________________________________________________________

But i’m not sorry for loving you. It kept replaying inside my head. Over and over again. But i’m not sorry for loving you. I sat there silent and Luke stared at the floor.

“Luke....” He looked up at me. “I love you too.” I said not really knowing what Love is. But I knew I had feelings for him. I just wasn’t aware of how strong they were.

“Would you hate me if I told you I wanted to kiss you?” He inched closer to me. I could basically feel his breath on my lips. He kept leaning into me until his lips just so slightly brushed mine. He instantly pulled away.

“Luke stop being such a fucking pussy.” I said smiling. He smiled back and then he leaned towards me again. This time he didn’t hesitate. When our lips touched I really felt something. That sounds so cliche but it was true. I don’t know if it was because I always wondered what it would be like to kiss him, or because i could feel the blood from the cut on his lip. I pulled away because his lip was bleeding. This made me laugh. I just sat there looking at Luke because I wasn’t sure what was more red, his face or the blood from his lip. I grabbed him a napkin and started to wipe the blood from his lip.

“Thank you.” He smiled. 

“Thanks for being honest with me Luke Skywalker. I don’t know if I would be the same person as I am now without you and your brothers. Your family saved my family.” I said putting my head on his shoulder after cleaning his lip. We sat with him leaning against the wall and I was twined with him. 

“Ronald Reagan, you don’t ever have to thank me. It was my honor.” He spoke kissing my forehead. This was how our friendship alway worked. We were always so close. I felt most comfortable with him, always. 

My mom and Gina had barged into the house 20 minutes later, just like they said they would. Beau, Jai,James and Skip behind them. Luke and I had moved to the couch and I was laying my head on his legs. We were watching Cars 2, but acting like nothing had happened.

“Praise the Lord! They are healed!” Beau said coming in and sitting next to us.

“Are you guys really okay?” Gina asked.

“Gina we have never been better.” I smiled looking up at Luke who smiled back at me. We both laughed.

“What happened?” Jai asked.

“Nothing important.” Luke lied.

“You’re lying.” He accused Luke.

“So?” Luke laughed.

“I don’t want to know.” My mom said saying goodbye to Gina and the rest of the boys. She went into the bathroom to take a hot bath and then go to bed. Gina also left. It was just the boys and me left on the couch.

“You know what we should do.” I said getting up from the couch and walked outside to my backyard. It brought bad memories, but also positive. I went to where the fire pit was and lit a fire.

“It’s just like old times.” Jai said getting up and running over to me as I sat down. There were 5 chairs around the fire. I shared one with Luke.