20. Complete Confusion

Start from the beginning

"I guess" she sighs once more taking our cups of tea to the sink.

I get up and make Harry some scrambled eggs, with avocado on toast, in the process -having one myself.

" I'll see you later today then love, thanks for taking care of Harry" she mentions giving me a short hug before going back upstairs. I plate everything up before doing the same, entering Harry's room this time, setting his tray full of food on the bed, and sitting down to join him. He walks out of the bathroom looking rather nervous, rubbing the back of his neck.

"We need to talk" he says shakily. God I hope it's not about the whole 'love' thing last night, and what I may or may not have said to him when he fell asleep. Fuck.

"Yeah? What about Hun" I say, confidently, obviously throwing him off by his expression.

"Look, all I wanted to say last night was that I love having you around, you take care of me and the last thing I want is for you to be upset. I wasn't going to tell you that I love you, which I don't, I mean like yeh as a human and all.. You know?" Harry mutters.

"I just don't want you to freak out or act different" Harry finishes, relieving me of the dreaded 'I love you Katerina' written on the shower glass. I believe he was drunk, therefore, unable to remember or encompass what he was talking about.Are you trying to convince yourself, my unwanted subconscious adds. It rather upsets me though if I'm honest. I remember what I had said to him when he was asleep and it meant more than what he just described, making me feel quite stupid really.

"I understand, no hard feelings Harry" I say smiling, masking my true emotions.

"Sound" Harry says, sitting down to dig into his breakfast. I watch as he eats complementing me on the 'seasoning' of the scrambled eggs, a comment to simple - it brings us back to normal. As I take a sip of my tea I almost forget about texting Nathaniel to say thank you. I quickly get my phone out to write him a heart felt message, I really do love the gift.

* How did you even get your hands on this? I love it. I really love it Nathaniel! Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me X *

Within seconds I get a reply, was he waiting for my message?

* It was no trouble beautiful, collectors, I'll have you know, never reveal their sources ;) *

Cheeky bastard.

* Have it your way then. Know that I love it and will cherish it. Thank you again! Have a lovely weekend x *

*I will, see ya soon Katherina x N *

I read the message before I hear a groan from Harry.

"Was the food that bad?" I ask jokingly. Avoiding all confrontational and possible awkwardness.

"The food was first class babe, texting Nate however, not so much. What did he get you anyway?" He asks, obviously intrigued but seemingly unhappy about the conversation involving Nate.

"He got me a Single signed by Michael Hutchence from INXS. Lead singer of this Australian band that made is big in the US"I say, honestly.

"Yeah I know who they are, musically I see myself heading on that direction. But that's, well, a pretty amazing gift Kat" he says frowning a little.

"Very lovely gift" I agree. We sit in silence for a moment before I get up to take the dishes to the kitchen.

"No no you've done enough, you cooked and took care of mortal Harry, It's the least I can do" he says jumping up to take the tray from my hands.