f o u r t e e n

The days, weeks and months have passed so fast lately. Today marks the last week of class before the actual start of our semester break. Literally I don't know where the hell did the time went. I mean, one time it was the start of the week when I met Niall and then 2 months later, we're in a relationship now. Time really flies so fast. 

Wearing a white shirt, topped with brown furred jacket, black skinny jeans and black boots, I walked the hallways of St. Patrick silently. Reaching the metal lockers, I placed the unnecessary things I've brought and locked it eventually. Glancing at my watch, it reads 7:48 am. Economics was once my first period but now, it switched Business Law and Economics. Gladly, Business Law starts at exactly 8. 

I am heading my way to my B.L classroom, I heard someone jogged their way towards me. Turning around it was Jax, panting and catching up his breath so I stopped and laughed. 

"So.. I heard you... and Niall... are dating?" He huffed once more and stopped, successfully stabilized his way of firm breathing. 

"Yes. Wait, haven't you really heard of it for like, 2 months? What kind of best friend are you Jax?" Rolling my eyes, I continued walking through the halls, packed with chattering students. It's still minutes away from class so maybe, they're spending their vacant times chatting with their beloved friends. While me, completely ignoring my best friend. 

"Well I apologize, I've been very busy in the Architecture building. Plus, we've got so many requirements to pass before the break. Why don't we talk about it now then?" 

We can but, I don't have time to explain right now. Class is approaching fast and more to that, B.L is one of my major subjects. I need high grades to pass and graduate with Latin Honors, so my mum and dad would be proud of me. Even Luke would, I'm sure. 

"Why don't we talk about it at lunch? I'll treat you to Starbucks. See you in a bit, love you!" Jogging my way towards the end of the hall, I entered the class silently relieved to see professor Jones hasn't arrived yet. 

Professor O' Connor talked about the topic while I took notes as fast as I can. Catching up the time so I won't be copying so hard and mind you, I'm very hungry.

As soon as the ball rang, the class scrambled out of the doorway and towards the cafeteria, joining up the long line of students.

I made my way towards Jax's classroom, stood by the doorway and waited for a good 5 minutes.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. We had a pop quiz, let's go?" I nodded and went with him, walking towards the parking lot.

The drive was not that long, only 10 minutes from campus. After ordering a carrot cake and a regular Midnight Mocha, I sat by the window. Pulling out my phone, I saw a new text message from Niall.

From N:

  Hey, where are you? Haven't seen you on campus today. Sorry 'bout that, I've been so busy with everything. Have you had lunch?

I smiled at his message, knowing that after what he's been doing and despite from his very busy schedule, he managed to message and ask me if I had lunch.

To N:

  I'm actually at Starbucks with Jax. It's alright love, I understand. And I'm having it right now. What about you?

The barista called my name and I stood up to get my order. Mhmm, yummy.

As soon as I sat, I ate the cake without hesitation and savored my favorite drink of all time. I life for Midnight Mocha despite alcohol.

"Tell me about it. I thought you didn't like him that much I mean, I know you're having a thing for Niall nut didn't know it would lead to this." Jax chuckled as he sipped his hot coffee.

"Yeah it was like that at first, and Joaquin is always getting on the way so, it took longer. But, I promise you I'm never leaving him."

"You better keep that promise love, I don't wanna see you go back to your old self again, alright?" Nodding, I finished my lunch and admired my best friend.

Heartbreak Girl is booming through the speakers right now. I thought I saw Jax's green orbs glint with something like tears? No, why would he cry right?

As he finished his own, he excused himself to buy something for Flynn and Seven so I smiled and nodded, busying myself with my phone.

Not long, my phone vibrated receiving another message. I thought it was Niall but, I was definitely wrong. It's from another anonymous person, and it's a new one.

From +353*********

  I've been telling you to stay away. But you're a hard headed ass and now, I'm going to be the one who won't leave you. ;) tick tock, tick tock Izzy. Time is running out, leave him now I tell you.

My eyes widened as I scrolled down. It's got a picture of me from this very location! I scanned the photo and that person who took this photo is not that far.

Perceiving the whole room, I did not see anyone so suspicious. Oh God, help me with these people. What's wrong with them and why do they keep pulling us apart? Damn it! They're really pulling my trigger and I need to know who they are ASAP.

Two hours had gone so fast, the clock hitting quarter to two as I waited for Niall by the hallways of St. Patrick alone. Mostly, my classes take place here and sometimes in St. Andrews building.

Looking down at my watch, it's almost two pm, same time when I heard a thick Irish accent called out.

"Hey love, sorry for waiting. Are you doing great?" He kissed my forehead and I nodded, held out my hand to his waist.

"It's fine and yep, I am fine. What's your plan after this day? You know, it's semester break after this one."

"Hmm, not much. The sorority haven't had plans lately so maybe we can hang out? If you're free."

"Oh, well that's great. I am mostly free duri-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when a too girlish voice interrupted.

Without even looking, I immediately know it's Elizabeth. Seriously, I don't know why she's gotten into my nerves lately.

"Heya Ni, I'm having a party tonight. You know, before the break. You should totally come! It'd be awesome and you can bring Isabelle too is she wants."

I shook my head in disapproval, excused myself and left Niall chatting with Lizzy. I can't stand being in the same area as her to be honest. And that ridiculous nickname!

Almost ten minutes have passed before Niall entered the classroom. Clearly, Professor Axelle is not pleased with him these days. Gladly, his grades aren't bad.

"Are you coming tonight? I bet it'd be fun, let's go together." Niall started as he sat beside me and copied the words projected.

"Nope, I'm not in for a party tonight. Actually packing things, I'm going home with my parents for the break." Which is absolutely true, no lies to not attend the party.

"Aww, alrighty then. I'll just keep you updated what I will be doing." Nodding, I finished copying the words and read them over and over. A pop quiz could be given to us, you know just being ready.

The day has finally ended, students piling up the hallways bidding their way too emotional goodbyes. I stood in my locker and pulled out my phone to text Jaxon.

To Jax:

  Hey buddy, can I get a ride home? Niall's going to a party and can't bring me home. :--(((

Without even lasting for a minute, he responded quickly.

From Jax:

  Oh really? Well, of course. I'll meet you outside St. Andrews building. See ya x

And with that, I walked my way outside, climbed up the car and made our way towards the flat.