s i x

"I thought you don't have Biology class Horan? Now, you're sitting beside me replacing my former partner. I hope you've got good jokes for the whole class though." 

"Hmm, I actually dropped a subject because our professor doesn't like me, so my grades are so low and I was forced to drop it because mum isn't happy about it." 

"Really? Why is that so? Well no matter the reason is, that isn't right because it's personal issues though." 

"Yeah I know, but I think it's because his son has been kicked out from Kappa Omega Epsilon and on his way out, a group of gang has beaten the shit out of him. But honestly, that was not us. He won't believe me of course, all he's gotta say is that I should have taken care of him because I'm the president." 

"What a dick." He smiled and the both of us focused on the lesson. Glancing at the time, it's almost 3:10, end of Biology so we'll head on to last subject and go home after that. 

Niall's eyebrows furrowed as he took notes. The class continued as Professor Axelle discussed all about plant cells, when Niall leaned over me to tell a joke. I hope it's funny enough. 

"Hey, why can't cells escape prison?" Oh alright, he's making a joke from our topic today. 

"Oh I don't know. Maybe because their cells are surrounded by walls?" I said. It's pretty obvious okay. 

"Oh come on, I made that! You should've laughed." Niall's smile faded and he moved a bit far from me when I pulled his chair back. He moved again, much farther away from me. Oh God, he's mad because I cracked his joke? Dipshit. 

Pulling him towards me again, he glared at me as he stacked his notebooks and things. People are now piling through the hallways talking and laughing loudly. Classrooms here in MCW University are not sound proofed so our professor glared at those students to keep quiet, and they did. 

We were now taking a pop quiz after the lesson, so I tapped Niall on the shoulder because both of us are already done. He won't budge as he continued to read his book and also, I continued to tap and call him. 

"Niall! Why won't you talk to me? Is it because I cracked your joke?" I laughed quietly as he faced me coldly. Rolling my eyes, I shifted and pulled out my phone. Tables turned, he was now the one whose tapping my shoulder, so I immediately turned to him. He was now a smiling idiot. 

"What" 

"You done? Let's go now." I shrugged and started packing my things when the clock struck quarter to three. My classmates aren't still done yet, so I took my time reviewing my paper and nodded towards Niall. 

Both of us got our bags and went towards Miss Axelle to hand out our test papers. The rest of the class went to make noises again while Miss Axelle raised her brows and smiled at the both of us. I smiled too, maybe she'll add points to me. ;) 

"Hmm, I expect higher grades to the both of you since you guys are the first ones to finish. Plus, I heard you are competing against each other?" She wriggled her eyebrows as if wanting to get the answer she wants to hear. 

"Nah, it was all in the past Miss and now, we're in good terms." Niall said, taking in my paper to pass. 

"Yeah, and can we go out now Miss Axelle?" I smiled sweetly as she made both of us lean to her. 

"Make sure you can still attend my further lessons, alright?" My face turned red as she let us go and winked. Damn her! 

We made our way towards the hallway towards our next lessons. My next class is Business Law located at the end of St Patrick's Hall. I checked my phone, it reads 3:01 I still got time to stop by at the cafeteria to grab a bite though. 

"Niall, would you mind if we grab a bite for a bit? I mean, class starts soon. Are you hungry?" 

"Are you kidding me? I'm starving! Let's go then, if you don't want to be late for school." He grabbed my wrist as he guided the both of us towards the school's cafeteria. 

As we reached there, the both of us immediately lined up to grab our orders since the people are not piling up. The cafeteria is pretty big enough to hold all the students here, that's why I never liked to eat here. Too crowded and too hot to eat. 

I ordered a carbonara and an orange juice to bring to my Business Law class I mean; it would last for two hours and we can't go out during the lecture. So might as well bring a juice.

My carbonara was consumed for at least 5 minutes only, I can't afford to be late. It's that Professor Jones is very early and he hates late students so much. More than his hate for the small mistakes, he's a grumpy old man you know.

Glancing at my wrist watch, it's now 3:07 so I threw out my rubbish and went to Niall to bid my goodbye.

"So Niall, I need to be going now. Do you have classes today?"

"Yep, but it would take place later at 4:10. Oh yeah I see, no problem. You should probably go now, you know professors here." He winked at me and I smiled, I jogged my way towards the end of the hall.

The classroom is almost full now but Professor Jones is still not here. Hmm, it's still 3:09 but I'm sure he's on his way now. I pulled out my phone, surprised to see a text message from an unsaved number.

From: +353********

Can't wait to meet ya tomorrow -n

I smiled and immediately knew who this is. Saving his number, I returned the phone into it's pocket inside the bag and looked my orange juice.

Rummaging through it, I can't find it. Oh no! I must've left it on the table. Dumb ass! I sighed and closed my bag, listening to people chattering.

Class has already started when I felt my throat to dry. I should've placed it before I went here, now I'm about to die.

"Quality investing is important because it is an investment strategy based on defined fundamental criteria to identify companies with outstanding character-"

A knock on the glass door interrupted the class, but all I am thinking right now is I am literally going to die in thirst.

"Come in- oh Mr Horan! You've visited, what do you need lad?" My head jerked up and saw Niall carrying my bottled juice! Shit.

"Professor, I just want to give this juice to Ms McCarthy. Is she here?" I hid below my desk when my shitty seat mate grabbed me and pushed me towards the aisle.

I waved to him and he handed the juice with a smile. He thanked Professor Jones and the teacher smiled as I hurried back to my seat. Tomato faced.

"Hmm, seems like Mr Horan is seeing someone right now. Good choice Niall." My eyes widened at what he said while the class agreed.

"Ms McCarthy, are you two together now?" Why the hell is my Business Law teacher now questioning me about my love life? I know Niall is your favorite student sir, but please not this.

"Umm, sir... Uh.." I couldn't find the correct words and clearly, he knows that.

Smiling, he continued. "Okay! So let us move forward and not chit chat with a student's love life." The rest of the class chuckled and smile. Thank God for that, I can finally breathe.