f i v e

Arriving at the cafe, Niall parked the car as we made our way inside. The shop holds most of my memories from my childhood until now. I mean, it's only a few blocks away from home so we mostly get food here with mum and dad when they're too tired to cook. 

We sat in a booth near the door and a young lady approached us to get our separate orders. As I am ready to order, Niall still wasn't perfect for me to see the lady adjust her uniform. So her cleavage would show off, clearly she's interested in him. I chuckled and shook my head. 

"Ahem, miss we're ready to order." Smiling sweetly, I told her to get me a Nacho and Salsa and of course the usual Java Chip Frappuccino. After she wrote mine and glaring at me, Niall told her what is his order. Pretending she didn't here, the lady bent down a little too low for Niall to see what is not to be seen. 

I rolled my eyes and busied myself with my phone. Girls like her wouldn't get what they want though, well at least she's nothing like the girls at my school. She seems like a sweet bitch actually. I felt a tug at my uniform sleeve and noticed it was Niall, I completely forgot we're still in our uniforms. 

"What?" I replied, laughing. 

"Why are you laughing? Something funny?" 

"Clearly, you know what am I talking about Niall. It was because of that girl you know, and you're pretty blinded about what she did to impress you dipshit." Once again, I chuckled and pinched his nose. 

"Really? I didn't noticed it. Why? What did she do?" 

"Nothing, nothing. But it's really funny, I swear." Laughing hard, my eyes started swelling with tears. I've never laughed like this before but when I noticed the lady came back with our orders, I stopped. Still, trying my best not to burst out laughing again. People are already staring at us for being loud. 

After she placed all our orders, the lady left a wink for Niall. Immediately, his face turned red so he ducked his face to hide it. But nope, I've seen it and it was hilarious. Can't believe a Niall Horan would even blush to a small gesture. 

Noticing me, he glared so I went to eat my food. After all those years, the food and coffee still tastes impressively great. One of the reasons why this place is still my favorite. 

"You know, I never liked your uniform Izzy." Niall said between his eating. 

"Hmm really? Why is that so?" I replied, and shoved another nacho inside my mouth. Delicious! 

"I like the long sleeve polo, but the skirt? Nope, it's too short. Do you even get uncomfortable wearing it? I mean, lads can be so you know; perv." Remembering that day, when I called him a pervert made me smile. 

"Not really, I've been wearing this since High School. This uniform is same with the high school kids but not the elementary kids and that's a good thing. Right?" He nodded, finishing his Dark Mocha Coffee. 

We spent and ended the morning together. Played arcade in a mall nearby and when twelve noon struck, he drove us all the way back to the university. Honking at the gate, the school guard opened the gates and let us through. He mouthed a 'thank you' to the school guard and received a smile. 

I never went wrong with my opinion about him. He's that college lad whose very sweet and charming, not that bad boy type that I like and I'm amused that I'm starting to like him. Maybe even love him, wait what? No way, it's not like that you dipshit. 

Niall parked at the front lot and both of us went outside. I saw my friends at the outdoor lounge smiling, grinning like complete idiots. Before walking towards them, I went and started talking to Niall. 

"Thank you for the time Niall, I really appreciate it. I thought you would decline my second offer though. But anyways, thank you for your time." 

"Well, I regretted it actually. Sorry for that and it's my pleasure to be with you Isabelle. Thank you for the invite." I smiled and he motioned me for a hug so I went for it, maybe after all we could be great friends. 

Does he have friends? Of course he's got friends, he's the President of a fraternity. I pictured his friends as someone like him, financially stable, charming and sweet, also intelligent students. The type of friends who you would love to keep for years. 

"I'll let you meet my friends sometimes. You'll love them for sure, bye for now Izzy!" I got rooted to the spot I've been standing. Eventually, I waved back to him and went to my friends. 

"Looks like you and that Irish blonde are getting along now Izzy." Kylie started as I sat in the space saved for me. 

"Oh shut up, he's got a name Kylie. By the way, how's your relationship with Zayn? I still find him hot up to this day. Sorry can't help it." The group laughed and so did I. Zayn's the school heartthrob until Niall got hit by a truck and transformed into a hunk beast. (I mean puberty alright?) 

"Still going strong. I met him earlier when we're having lunch. Where did you go by the way, I haven't seen in you in my morning clas— oh okay, you've spent the morning with him didn't ya?" 

"Oh nooo, our Izzy is now in love. What to do?" Flynn ushered the others to act dramatically so they did. People are now staring but laughed anyways. Not boasting, our group is one of the most popular squads but we don't have a name after those years. 

We spent our time together for two hours before the bell rang. Students piling the halls of MCW University, little children whining about the time not enough for playtime and faces red with sweat. High school students not standing up and believing they're little rebels. I shook my head and smiled you've got a long way to go sweethearts

The six of us went to our separate ways towards our classes. Emma is with me for our first and second period. As we were walking down the hallways, a curly lad with emerald orbs stood at the door of our Biology classroom. Harry Styles, Emma's four year boyfriend. 

"Dia Duit Harold." I smiled at him as the three of us went inside to sit at our respective seats. You know, the both of them fell in love in Biology which made them love it more. Why? They're Bio partners since High School until now. 

"You know I don't speak Irish Isabelle. But I know for a fact that that means 'hello', right?" 

"Yeah, you're improving Harold. Good one." 

"My name's Harry, not Harold." 

"Yeah, yeah." He chuckled, revealing his dimple on the cheek. Professor Axelle entered the room with her usual sweet smile, greeting all of us and that's when we started class. 

Noticing I don't have Leon beside me which is my Bio partner, I felt sad. He is one loud but intelligent person and I love being around him. The class wouldn't be quiet like this if he's around. Professor Axelle noticed us being silent so she opened up about it. 

"Class, Mr Leonardo Alonzo has transferred to San Francisco for a certain family reason. But not to worry Ms McCarthy, we have another lad to sit with you for the rest of the year and the upcoming years." I nodded and smiled, glad that I won't be alone through this subject. 

A good thirty minutes has passed and my seatmate hasn't arrived yet. Maybe he's absent? I shrugged as I continued to copy the notes. We were silently copying notes projected on the white board as someone entered. I didn't payed attention to it and concentrated more. 

I felt a someone sat next to me, but still I didn't payed attention. 

"I guess we'll be spending more time than I ever expected." That thick Irish accent. I stopped and looked at him. Yes, it's a him.