e l e v e n

Once I calmed down, I walked myself back towards the dining room. Joaquin is now sitting in between his mum and dad, while eating the Colcannon. I sat onto my seat and simply ate the food placed in my plate. Gladly, dad is speaking to Joaquin right now so I don't have to speak to him. 

"Isabelle dear, how's your relationship with my son Joaquin?" I guess it's nothing to glad. Turning my attention towards his mum. Help me, I screamed mentally. 

"Um, it's actually fine." Really? I smiled, while she nodded and smiled back. Facing Niall, he smiled and looked down to eat his food. I'll tell them whenever I'm ready, swear. 

The night has deepened now, the people are chatting on the sitting room. Looking at the time, it's already 8:47 pm. Our parents are genuinely chatting with Niall's brother. While the three of us, stood silently, staring at each other. 

"Ahem, Izzy can we talk for a bit? Just at the end of the hallway?" Joaquin started. What the fuck would we be talking about? End of the hallway? We can just talk in front of Nia— oh fuck. I nodded, excused myself and went at the end of the hallway. 

The corridor is lit with warm light, painted with brown-yellowish paint and decorated with vintage ornaments. Security cameras are displayed but, at the end there's none. Joaquin knows it well yeah? 

"Didn't I told you to stop hanging out with him? Then what is it today then. Don't make up excuses Izzy or I won't hesitate to do it right now. Right here." Opening his leather jacket, he's actually holding the fucking gun. 

"What the fuck Joaquin!? This is pure bullshit, mum invited his family alright? I thought it was only Niall. I didn't even know you were coming! Would you kill someone to make me yours? Even if it doesn't make me happy?" 

"Yes. Yes, Izzy I will. I will do whatever it takes to make you mine, I don't care about anyone. And oh wow, you knew about him coming but your boyfriend? No. Wow, just wow. I didn't thought you would even consider him rather than me! That is pure bullshit." 

"No! I didn't consider him rather than you. But that was before you started acting like this! Like an immature child. Well, I'm sorry to tell you again that we are over. Can you stop acting like you're still my boyfriend? You're just looking like an asshole looking for love! You have other girls alright?" 

He is now fuming mad while his fists clenched so hard, veins showing. I don't care if he's going to kill me here, he just don't touch Niall. Turning around, I left him there still mad and trying his best to calm down. 

I felt strong hands grabbed my wrist violently and raising it up to his level. Joaquin, perceiving the black object placed in my wrist. I swat my hand away from him and faced him, showing my best mad face. 

"Fuck you! Why would you get something like this? Which asshole gave this to you Isabelle? Oh yeah, Niall right? Well then, take it off." I was taken aback with what he said. I mean, no! This is an invitation to the grand annual party. 

"What, no! Whether you like it or not, I'm going and there's nothing you can do about it Joaquin. I'm going to this annual party alright? What's wrong with you? This is only an invitation."

I examined my phone, surprised to receive another text from Niall. How I wish this night can end right now, too much drama from Joaquin and I can't take it.

From Niall:

  done yet? i'm getting a little bit bored now :(((

I sighed as I turned my phone off. Really now, I need to get out of here and entertain my other guest.

"It isn't only an invitation Isabelle. It means you're his property for the night! You're like his slave Izzy and you can't do anything to stop him. That's like the ultimate invitation."

"So? As if he's going to do something to me Joaquin. I don't care and I trust him more than I trust you. Now, I'm gonna excuse myself. Best if you follow me back there."

And with that, I walked my way back to the sitting room as I heard him say something.

"Izzy Izzy, you're really leaving me no choice. You're absolutely going to regret your decisions."

Niall is still sitting on the couch where I left him. By the time he saw me, his mouth formed a curve as I sat beside him.

"Hello you. How's the talk? Have you convinced Joaquin to stop tailing you?" Niall chuckles as I swat his arms.

"No, I think he's getting more of an asshole now. Harder to convince right now and it's getting on my nerves."

He nodded as he turns his attention to his phone. Rolling my eyes, I wander it around the house. Our parents are still chattering and laughing.

Peeking at his phone, I read something like flirting so I stopped and turned my attention towards my phone.

"Izzy, have you seen Joaquin? We're about to get going now since it's getting late now."

"Umm, I'm not sure but I think he's at the restroom." I tried my best smile at her.

"Thank you dear." Nodding, I rested my head onto Niall's shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt his arms on my shoulder and his hands brushing my hair.

As I opened my eyes, I was amazed by the sight of those once icy blue eyes staring at me. Now, I'm looking at them like it is the most breathtaking things to stare at.

Oh gosh, I wish this is all I can do with all my life and never worry about my problems. Well I know for a fact that life always has problems but, I just wanted to stare at his wonderful eyes.

For a minute, I was lost in it like it was some galaxy and I wish it never had to end. But it has to.