t e n

Wednesday, I came home unexpectedly because of mum's invite. Usually when we have some kind of an important dinner, I would always come late. That's why mum would scold me again and again, it's because for the reputation you know. 

Once I stepped foot inside the house, I dropped my things and went to the kitchen. Smelling food, I knew it was mum because dad would never cook if someone is visiting. As I entered the kitchen archway, I hugged my mum and kissed her cheek. Same goes for my dad. 

"Oh! I didn't thought you'd be here super early Izzy. Now that you're here, please do mash those potatoes please, I'm tryna finish this usual stew." Nodding, I went over to look at the prepared ingredients. Hmm, this is obviously Colcannon; my favorite. 

"Colcannon isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is Colcannon your favorite." Another voice spoke, turning my head, I found Kit. He's my cousin and a handsome one, you know. No, if you're thinking about me having a crush on him, nope that's disgusting. Those hazel eyes, blonde-brunette hair, that perfect lined jaw and perfect pointed nose who wouldn't call him handsome? I bet you're daydreaming about him now. 

"Kit! I've missed you so much." I ran up to him to get a hug which he gladly accepted. He's like my other brother since you know what happened. He lives in Dublin now with his girlfriend and currently finishing his last year of college, that's why we barely see each other these days. 

"Awe, I've missed you too. But but, I'm not impressed with what you're doing in school. Your mum also told me all about that frat president you're going out with, what's the deal about this Izzy? You promised m—" 

"Yes yes, and let me tell you that he's a good lad. I'm not lying, also I've been doing good with school besides attending parties every weekend Kit." I smiled innocently as the both of us walked back towards the kitchen. Mum smiled as he kissed Kit's cheek while I continued preparing the potatoes. 

"Of course, doing well in school. Not attending classes is good yeah? Because of your drama. You know, I'm not addicted to your drama Izzy but of course, I'm always here." He shrugged and picked up the pitcher with lemon juice. 

"Your cousin is right Izzy, we're not against your nightlife but please please, stop skipping class. I swear to the angels that I'm going to transfer you to Dublin if you have failed one single unit." Dad said, seriously where do these people come from, and why do they keep popping out of nowhere?

I sighed as I finished with the last potato. "I know Dad and I'm not going to fail one single unit. I swear too but now, I'll just head upstairs and get changed shall I?" The three of them chuckled and nodded. I went to grab my backpack and continued in the next floor. 

Wearing a black boat neck dress and a black stiletto, I finished my hair with some soft curls. My makeup is light, only a bit of mascara and a light shade of red for my lips. Glancing myself one last time, I smiled and looked at the time. It's 5:30 pm, just in time for dinner. 

I made my way downstairs as the oak door rang. Oh, perfect. Kit opened the door as I sat in the sitting room, admiring my fingernails as a sign of nervous. Wait, why the hell am I nervous as fuck? No, I shouldn't be. Turning my head towards the door to greet Niall, I completely regretted turning my head. 

"Oh! Good evening Mr and Mrs Horan! Also to you Niall and Greg, good evening. Come in, come in." Mum is crazy! She invited Niall's parents, what the fuck is this? Some kind of revelation that we're dating? Because we're definitely not. 

I stood up, and greeted them. "Good evening Mr and Mrs Horan. And to you Greg and ... Niall." I smiled despite my hands shaking. I breathed and hid my shaking hands behind my waist. Mum and dad entertained the family while I went in the hallway, grabbing Kit by the wrist. 

"Kit! Oh my God, what the fuck is happening? Jesus Christ! I thought it was only Niall, why his whole family?" He just chuckled, his dimple showed up. Smoothing out his white shirt, he spoke. 

"Calm down sister. Think of it, it's rude to invite their son and not the whole family yeah? So that's what your mum did, come on and let's entertain them. They know you're the center of this, I mean you and Niall." He winked. He just fucking winked at me and motioned me to walk towards the guest dining table. 

Smiling, I walked my way towards the area. Where the hell is the food? Where is the food? Let's eat and get this done shall we people? I mean, it'd be super awkward while eating. You know, the questions! 

Mum came out with the smoking hot trays and placed it on the table. Thank the heavens for that! Some of our workers in the house also helped in placing all of the food. Wait, is this really planned? Like, what the fuck. No time wasted, mum made me pray and we started eating. I can't do anything but stay silent. 

Wandering my eyes, I saw three more vacant seats. Noooo, there are more people? Oh my God. "Isabelle. Aunt Maura is asking you, where's the manners young lady?" I immediately jerked my head towards Niall's mum while she, is still smiling. 

"Oh sorry, what was that?" I asked, probably red in the face. But luckily, I put some blush on. Good thinking Izzy, good thinking. 

"As I was saying, is Niall treating you well in school? I mean, I expect him to because that's what we taught him despite his name in that campus." Mrs Horan smiled. 

"Oh! Yes Ma'am, he is. There is no trouble he'd caused me, no need to worry." I smiled back, finishing off my main dish. Can this day get any longer? 

Both families are now loudly talking while I and Niall stayed very very silent. Raising my brows I heard him chuckle, while my phone vibrated. 

From Niall: 

  Silent yeah? Didn't expect this at all. Thought it was only me hehe -n 

To Niall: 

  Well yeah me too. Isn't it weird for you that we're sitting across with each other, and we're texting? 

From Niall: 

  Absolutely not. I'm precisely enjoying our non-verbal face expressions. -n 

To Niall: 

  Well, same for me then. But you do know you're 'Niall' on my contacts right? 

From Niall: 

  Yeahhhhh? What else would you call me? Nayal? Nieal? Nuyal? Duhhh -n 

To Niall: 

  Hmm, I'm glad you know that. Because you don't have to send those little '-n' every end of the sentence. 

From Niall: 

  Whoops. Alrighty then! ;) 

Smiling, I stopped texting him underneath the table. Instead, I finished my champagne to add more when Kit once again headed towards the door. I shrugged and continued pouring some into my wine glass. 

"Oh, you're here! Come in, come in Mr and Mrs Russo. Come in, Joaquin. We're just about to have the second dish. It's not pretty late." What the actual fuck. 

I almost dropped my wine glass, earning their attention. Immediately, I apologized and wiped the drops of liquid on my skirt. Niall tried to help but I refused. Instead, I excused myself and went towards the restroom. 

Once I stepped in, I looked myself in the mirror. Is this really happening? Oh God, this is bad. I sighed and calmed myself. Knowing Joaquin, he's pretty damn jealous of Niall hanging out with me most of the time now. What more if he'll see Niall's entire family sitting in the same room as them? I knew I fucked up big time.