t h i r t e e n

Once we've settled everything and what I mean about it is, the thing about our relationship. The both of us went downstairs, people are still wildly partying and some of them are playing beer pong at the free space on the living room. Heads shot up as we both headed downstairs, well that was awkward. 

As soon as we reached the end of the flight of stairs, I excused myself to get a drink. This girl need to be partying and not flirting! This is what I really live for you know. Niall nodded and went to sit on the dark couch, busying himself with his phone. Smiling, I went to enter the mini bar station. 

The messy room had empty bottles laid on the ground, waiting for someone to trip over them. I almost was a victim. As for the people in this crowded area, they looked pretty much entertained by the music, food, drinks and everything. Annual parties are the best, only if it's Kappa Omega Epsilon whose throwing it. 

Mostly everyone is drunk/tipsy, with a few people in clusters sitting around outside either making out, dancing somewhere, drinking or just talking. The occasional drunk person may be stumbling around. Talk about how the place looks as well. Occasionally having that many drunken people can destroy a house or building. 

"Can I have a Flaming Margarita, please? Thanks." The bartender slowly nodded, preparing my ordered drink. The best thing about frat parties is that free endless drinks everywhere. Sometimes they'll be on the floor to or when you first step out the car there's normally beer bottles strewn about on the lawn.

There is really loud thumping music, usually the popular stuff of the time mixed with some old classics. The DJ, spinning and gliding through his area and smiling wildly as he saw the people really having fun. The bartender slid my drink, winked at me and I smiled. I went to sit beside Niall, when someone grabbed my arm spilling some of my drink. 

"Fuck! What the hell?" She is wearing a green shiny dress, silver glittering heels and very heavy make up. To be really honest, I haven't seen her face before. That's why I'm mad at the same time with her. 

"Oh, I'm sorry love. Didn't mean it, you can go now." Bitch? What the fuck is she trying to point out? You know what, I'm actually fuming mad right now but mentally, I'm laughing as fuck. Dude. 

"Didn't mean it? I'm a hundred fucking percent sure you grabbed my arm. I almost went to flames! Who are you by the way and what do you need?" I tried to sound casual, wiping my dress with a napkin. 

I heard her say something under her breath, but I didn't heard it well enough. Instead, she introduced me to herself leaving me jaw dropped, almost laughing. 

"Pardon, my name is Elizabeth Davies. Lizzy for short and by the way, we're really great friends with the president of this sorority." This is the Lizzy? No way! I thought she was something like a very shy girl or like that. Nothing like this is what I expected. 

"Oh well, I'm Isabelle McCarthy. Nice to meet you Lizzy, I'm his girlfriend by the way." I smiled nicely. Her jaw dropped but immediately smiled. 

"Really? You're very lucky then, I heard someone's been threatening you with text messages? How is it now?" Wait- what? How did she know about it? What the hell? 

"Wait, how did you know about it? I didn't say anything about those to someone, only Niall." Her face was like someone splashed it with iced water and turned pale. Did I say something wrong? Yikes. 

"Uh, I should go now." Nodding, I watched her exit the house and blended in the deafening crowd. I shook my head as I went to finally sit with Niall who seemed bored, playing with his watch. 

While drinking my margarita, I actually can't forget the scene earlier. How did she know? Is she some kind of friends with Joaquin also? I really don't gave a shit with these things but, it's involving Niall's life and I can't just ignore that! 

Finishing off with a large gulp, I placed the glass on top of the table and went to face Niall whose admiring me for a while now. I furrowed my brows as he chuckled admiringly. Seriously, how can a person chuckle while sounding like an angel? My God. 

"You don't seem to enjoy the party Izzy, something's bothering you I suppose?" Looking through the large glass window, the people are now getting ready for the final show. Fireworks. This is literally the best annual party I've ever attended, and I'm thinking of joining it now. 

"Nah, I'm fine. We should go join the crowd for the fireworks. I bet this is going to display the symbols of Kappa Omega Epsilon?" Grabbing his arm, the both of us walked towards the front most seats. Across the lawn is a lake wherein the fireworks would be presented. Cool isn't it? 

Side by side, we waited and joined the countdown 'till midnight as the fireworks lit up the starry night sky. It was a sight to see, different dazzling colors lighting up the night whilst people are taking videos or pictures of the scenery. 

"Love, look at me." Niall called out and I did as he says, smiling through his camera. I waved as he focused it towards the both of us. I kissed his cheek and he chuckled, ending the video as he posted it on his Instagram. 

Maybe attending frat parties can be this romantic though. Not just dancing through loud music, too crowded crowd and people spilling drinks all over. Maybe parties isn't all about that, it maybe also about finding true love and that's it. It could turn you around, change your perspective and hands down to the founder of sorority.