o n e

Blinding lights retaliated my eyes, booming music entered my eardrums and people dancing hurdled my vision. Partying every Fridays and Saturdays became our tradition to reduce stress, if you get my point. That's just what we live for while spending our lives in fucking college. I mean, I do care about education but it's not the same as elementary and high school. College is where you start living the hell of your life and that's what we care about.

Sitting here with my flatmates while surveilling the crowd, a lad with a quiff black hair walked towards us; Joaquin. He's my current boyfriend and he doesn't know I'm just wasting my time with him. I'm thinking of dumping him next week. Just like every other lad I've dated.

"What are you doing here Bella?" Joaquin slouched beside me and snaked his hand over my waist. I rolled my eyes towards my flatmates and finally faced Joaquin. Making my best fake happy face.

"I told you don't call me that name, it's disgusting. My name is Isabelle not Bella and, I'm here because we were invited." Raising my left wrist, I showed him my black ribbon indicating my invitation. He shrugged and kissed my cheek, ugh boys.

"I'll just go and ramble 'round the place. Catch you later." Joaquin winked at me and left. Staring at my wrist made me think on actually joining Kappa Omega Epsilon (κ Ω ε), the most famous fraternity house here in Mullingar Co. Westmeath University. Though, mum and dad doesn't support my idea. Anyways, they can't stop me from attending parties every weekend.

Once and for all, I wander my eyes around the party. Joaquin is now dancing with those girls only wearing bras and shorty-shorts. I rolled my eyes and thought maybe both of us are not serious with our (so-called) relationship. If that's the case tho, it won't be a problem breaking up with him, at least it won't take too long to end this relationship.

"Grá, do you really love Joaquin? I mean so far, he's the only lad I liked among all you've dated. Would you really dump him? He's quite one in a million. You know, you're the youngest of the squad and I really care about you." Jax, one of my closest friend, said.

"I quite agree on Jax. But you know, maybe the one would come in to your life. Maybe not now, not today but someday. Just stop playing with boys Isa!" Emma added, I just rolled my eyes and gulped the liquor inside my red cup.

"You know guys, you're being crazy. This is what I do with those lads who come near me, I mean it's not my fault they like me okay? But yeah, I know the perfect one will come. I just know." The group laughed and I rolled my eyes once more.

Standing up and pulling Jax with me, we swiftly moved and danced with the music Everyday by Marshmello with the rest of the crowd. Cracking a smile, the both of us seized the rest of the group to dance. Enjoying the fucking party, my phone rang and revealed that my beloved mum is calling. I danced my towards the couch where a couple are currently eating each other's faces.

"Pitiful, get a room you two!" I said while they both stopped, threw me a death glare and went missing through the loud crowd. I snicker at them and tapped the answer button; receiving a disappointed tone of my mum.

"Izzy, are you at a party again? Haven't we told you to stop attending those parties when it's still school term? One more party and we're going to transfer you somewhere else. I'm very disappointed at you." I sighed and took a look at my newly painted black shiny nails.

"Mum, I know this is not my life before. But that was a long time ago and I'm already 19, I'm sure you and dad experienced these kind of matters before. I know you still want me to be the old Izzy whose always going up that stage claiming her dozens of medals and certificates. But sadly mum I want to be like this, I want to experience an exhilarating college life."

Sighing, I looked at the deafening crowd and smiled. This is what I really want in life. Most of my friends don't know the old me. The old nerdy me, only my squad now. I was once the very favored kid in school because of my knowledge, the one whose always claiming dozens of awards. But one day, I realized it's not just that that I want. So when I went into college and started partying, I knew I always want this.

"Alright then. Just promise me that even though you won't be called with honors again, make sure that education is still an important factor in your life. That education is the real reason why you went to college."

Nodding, I muttered a yes to my mum and then she ended the call. I sighed and looked at my outfit. Black halter tank, Black skirt and Black boots. Smiling, I went and danced my way back to the crowd. My House by Flo Rida is now playing, the crowd went wild and is now shouting joy towards the disc jockey (DJ).

The night went deeper and deeper until it reached 2 in the morning. Most of the people attended the frat party already settled back on couches or on the floor. Some of them are also still awake, either dancing, playing beer pong or making out on couches. I pity those who're sleeping. While the girls are taking a nap or using their phones Jax, Seven and Flynn are checking out girls who're also playing beer pong.

"Quit it out you three." Seven grinned and waved at those girls before focusing at me and spoke.

"Let us be while you do your business there. Okay?" The three of them laughed while I am shaking my head. Fair point there Seven, fair point.

Sands are running out, I pay attention to nothing but my phone until the frat house door opened. People minding their own business turned their heads towards the lad who entered. Out of my inquisitiveness, I look around to see.

"Whose that blonde lad Flynn?"

"You seriously don't know him?" Jax answered for Flynn, nosy asshole.

"Would I ask if I know him Jax?" I shook my head and stared at the boy, he seems familiar yet so unknown to me. Who could he be and why did he suddenly fished my attention?

"Well, he's Niall James Horan. The Kappa Omega Epsilon President."