Chapter 25

Talia’s P.O.V:

The first thing I did when I saw Luke was drop my bag and run up to him, I ran into his arms and cried making his jumper damp. I loved the way he held me and I just didn’t want to let go. After a few short minutes, he let me go and we gazed into each other’s eyes, I could barely see out of mine because I was crying so much. I must have looked like a complete mess but I didn’t care, as long as I was with Luke, nothing mattered. He wiped some of the tears away from my face, but I just couldn’t stop them from coming. He eventually leaned in and we started kissing, the fact that we hadn’t said a word to each other made everything in the moment so much more beautiful and this is one which I would never forget. I pulled away and finally spoke.

Talia: What made you change your mind?

Luke: I didn’t want to leave without saying a proper good bye

Talia: I love you

Luke: I love you too

Just as Luke said those words to me, they were calling my flight for the last time over the P.A system, I had to go.  I started to walk away, when he grabbed my wrist.

Luke: Wait, a long distance relationship. I want to try it.

Talia: It’s worth a shot, we’ll make it work. I know we can

Mum: Talia, you have to go now  

I grabbed Luke by the strings of the hood on his jumper and kissed him for one last time and slipped something into the right pocket of his jeans. He broke away and I saw him look down at his jeans, wanting to grab what I’d put in there when I stopped him.

Talia: Open it when I’m gone.

Luke’s P.O.V:

I knew in the end I made the right decision of going to the airport, I wish it didn’t take me so long to make up my mind though. As I watched her walk away into the terminal, reality finally sunk in. She’s gone. As we left the airport nobody really said anything, the mood was pretty dull and I just felt empty. Like when Talia left, a piece of me left with her. When we got home, I just lied down on my bed chucking a hacky sack up and down when I remembered Talia put something in my pocket. I took it out and realised it was a photo of us from the gathering at my house, the night we first kissed. I turned it over and saw a message ‘Believe in yourself or no one will believe in you’ I smiled, that’s the quote I always used to tell her whenever she doubted herself. I was missing her like crazy already.

Talia’s P.O.V:

I arrived at the Sydney airport, looking around for a guy holding a sign with my name on it. It took me a few minutes but I found him, holding a teddy bear in his hand and he looked around 17/18. He was tall with brown, straight hair and bright blue eyes. I approached him with confusion as to why there was a teddy bear in his hand.

Talia: Hi, I’m Talia.

Kristos: Oh hey, welcome to the academy. My name’s Kristos

He handed me the teddy bear and I politely took it from him

Talia: Thanks, what’s this for?

Kristos: Just a little something to make your room feel more like home

Talia: Okay cool

Kristos: Come on let’s go get your luggage

We walked over to the conveyor belt and waited for my suitcases and boxes to come around, we grabbed a trolley and stacked it all in there. Kristos told me to wait out the front of the airport so that he could bring the car around. After we packed it all in the car we set off for the short drive to the academy, I didn’t really feel like talking I was just waiting for a text or phone call from Luke saying that he saw the photo. I went to check my phone but realised I turned it off during the flight and turned it back on; there was one new message from Luke. ‘I love the photo, miss you heaps already’ I smiled at the text and Kristos glanced at me weirdly.

Kristos: Why are you smiling?

Talia: Nothing, keep your eye on the road

The drive to the academy took longer than it should have with all the traffic, when we finally arrived Kristos helped me take up my luggage to the 4th floor where I would be staying. When I walked into my new room I saw two single beds, two wardrobes, two bedside tables and a mirror in between our beds. I took a good look around and realised that my roommate must have already been here and unpacked some of her stuff. I started to open one of my suitcases when I heard someone walk in the room.

Chloe: Hey you must be Talia; I’m your roommate Chloe. Nice to meet you

Talia: Yeah, same goes. Where are you from?

Chloe: I’m from around here, how about you?

Talia: Melbourne’s North

There was a bit of awkward silence after that, I didn’t really know what to say but luckily enough my phone rang. I excused myself and walked out into the hall way to answer, it was Luke.

Talia: I’ve been gone for a few hours, are you coaping?

Luke: Not one bit, but hey listen I have some news

Talia: Go on..

Luke: Were being sponsored to do an Australian tour and were coming to Sydney in 3 weeks time

Talia: ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Luke: Yes

Talia: YAAAAAY

Luke: I’ve gotta go, I know you’re gonna be really busy but call me when you get the chance okay. Love you

Talia: I will, love you too