Chapter 13

Danielle’s P.O.V:

I think it’s really cute how James, Beau and Tyla all have girls in their lives, hopefully now they can stop acting like care-free pigs and become gentlemen. So much has happened with Mia, Talia and Luke lately I’m just glad the truth is out in the open and everyone see’s Mia for what she truly is. I feel really sorry for Luke, he is one of the nicest guys and for him to be played out like that makes me really angry and upset, but he’s a strong guy and I know with Talia he’ll get through it.

Luke’s P.O.V:

The last few days have been pretty laid back, school starts again on Monday and i’m dreading it. I hate school and the shit people give me, I just want to be left alone with my mates sometimes. It’s Talia’s birthday in 2 weeks and I have no idea what to get her, she’s turning 16 so it’s got to be something amazing. She didn’t want a party either, but me and the gang are going to definitely organise her something. I arranged for Skip, James, Danielle, Liana, Lauren, Summer and Carla to all come over so we can discuss what to do and where to have it. It worked out perfectly because Talia won’t suspect a thing as she’s gone away to Swan Hill for the weekend!

Danielle: Ok guys, listen up. We’re all here because Talia turns 16 in just over 2 weeks and we really need to work out what to do for her birthday? Any ideas?

Skip: Paintballing

Liana: How about no

Luke: She loves go carting and laser squirmishing, but we have to do more than that

Jai: We should get a hotel room

Danielle: How about we make it a whole day thing?  

Beau: Yeah, like we can go go carting and laser squirmishing in the afternoon, go out to a restaurant for dinner, and book a hotel room for the weekend?

Luke: It works out perfectly, her birthdays on a Saturday this year

Danielle: She asked me and Liana to sleep over the Friday night so we’ll be with her then. Which restaurant and hotel are we going to book?  

James: There’s La Vita, best food!

Liana: The Crown? It’s the best place in Melbourne; do you think we could afford it for one night?

Danielle: Well if we all pitch in then yeah it should be affordable. Are we all going to get her separate gifts?

Luke: Yeah I want to get her something really special

Danielle: AW cute, so I guess most of that’s done. Liana and I will work out all the costs and times and let you all know

Talia’s P.O.V:

I went away to Swanhill for the weekend to visit my cousins and I arrived home Sunday afternoon. I unpacked my things and took out my school bag to see if there was any homework I was supposed to do over the holidays. I hate how teachers decide to give assignments on the last day of school; they think we don’t have lives. I quickly finished off my English essay which was a total of 987 words, not a bad effort considering I had no idea what I was writing about.

On Monday morning when I got to school I saw Luke, Jai and Beau talking by the staircase. I walked up behind Luke and pulled his ears, he screamed like a bitch but it was cute.

Luke: HEY WHAT WAS THAT FOR?

Talia: Just for fun

Luke: Oh I see how it is

He dropped his bag, and then made me drop mine. He picked me up over his shoulders and started carrying me around the courtyard. I was so scared I was going to fall and started screaming. I got dirty looks from all the bitches and weird looks from everyone else.

Talia: LUKE PUT ME DOWN!

Luke: Are you sorry?

Talia: No

Luke: I’m not putting you down then..

Talia: Ok, ok. I’m sorry, now please put me down!

Luke put me down and pulled me closer, just as we were about to kiss a teacher came up to us and told us this is a Catholic College, not a zoo and to not show any PDA’s.

Danielle’s P.O.V:

Thursday afterschool Liana and I finalised all the bookings for Talia’s party, we booked the go carting and laser squirmishing place for 12:30pm, a suite at the Crown at 5pm (we’ll get Beau to check us in because he’s 18) and La Vita’s for dinner at 6pm. Liana and I are sleeping at Talia’s house on the Friday night and we’ll make sure everything goes according to plan. I can’t wait for this!

Luke’s P.O.V:

I still don’t know what to get Talia, she hasn’t given me any hints and I’m really crap with buying girls birthday presents. On Saturday I asked mum to go shopping with me in the city to help me pick something out, hopefully I find something amazing for her.

Mum and I went into Melbourne Central at 1pm on Saturday and at first we just browsed around looking at different shops, until we came across Michael Hill. I was looking at all the bracelets, rings, necklaces and earrings. Earrings were pointless because Talia didn’t have her ears pierced but I knew she loved her bracelets. I didn’t see much there that I thought she would like, mum pointed out a few but they just didn’t look right. As we were about to leave the store, I saw this gorgeous diamond bracelet from the corner of my eye. I completely ignored the price tag, but I knew it was the one for Talia, it looked amazing.

Gina: Luke did you read the price tag?

Luke: Oh um.. yeah I see it now

Gina: Can you afford this?

Luke: Can I pay half and you pay half? I don’t have the money right now with most of it going towards the hotel suite we booked at the Crown

Gina: Tell you what, I’ll pay for it on the condition you clean the house top to bottom and wash the car?

Luke: Seriously? Ok deal