Chapter 12

Luke’s P.O.V:

The best thing about holidays is that you get to sleep in, it was 2pm on Monday afternoon and my phone rang. I groaned then reached out blindly to answer it, hoping whoever it was had good reason to wake me up.

Luke: Ugh what time is it?

Talia: Hey to you too..

Luke: Sorry beautiful, you woke me up

Talia: What are you still doing in bed anyway? I was going to come see you

Luke: Yeah come round i’m not doing anything today

Talia: and can you have the ultrasound photo with you as well?

Luke: Um sure, why?

Talia: I’ll explain it all later

Luke: Alright see you soon gorgeous

I hung up the phone and slowly made my way out of bed too look through my chest of drawers; It was odd for Talia to ask to see the ultrasound photo. After I found the photo I made my way into the kitchen where I was greeted by my mother who was surprised I had slept in this late. I heated up the leftover pasta from the night before and went to get changed. 

Talia’s P.O.V:

The walk to Luke’s house was the most nerve-racking 10 minutes of my life, I kept thinking about what I was going to say and what his reaction would be. When I arrived out the front of his house my stomach was spinning in circles. I didn’t want to break his heart, but he deserved to know the truth about everything. I rang the door bell and waited there nervously. Luke greeted me with a warm smile that makes my heart melt, he kissed me and then we walked into the lounge room.

Luke: I got the ultrasound photo for you, why did you want to see it again?

Talia: Um well, there’s something I have to tell you

I looked at the photo and my hands started to shake.

Luke: What is it? Are you okay? Your hands are shaking

Talia: Look at the date stamp in the top right hand corner, it’s not Saturdays date

I watched as Luke looked closely at the date and his face instantly dropped, he just froze.

Talia: I googled ‘ultrasound photos’ and it came up, I’m so sorry but I don’t actually think Mia is pregnant. She just made it up so she could still be closer to you.

At this point, it felt like my heart was in my throat. I nearly choked on my own words but I got what I needed to say out. I struggled to look at Luke, his face was filled with anger and sadness, and it just broke my heart.

Luke’s P.O.V:

How could I be so stupid? How could I fall for Mia’s lies and how did I not notice the date stamp was wrong on the ultrasound photo? Am I really that gullible? It felt like a knife was stabbed into my stomach and my heart dropped completely. After about 5 minutes of sitting in silence, I finally had the ability to say something.

Luke: I just need some time to myself, I’m sorry

Talia: It’s okay; call me if you need anything. I love you

Just as Talia left, Beau and Jai got home from the gym. I heard them talking in the kitchen, Jai called out to me but I wasn’t up for talking, instead I quickly made my way out the front door.

Mia’s P.O.V:

I was at Melbourne Central with my best friend, when Luke rang. He is such an amazing guy and with this ‘baby’ that is supposedly coming, we’re going to have an unbreakable bond that will last forever. Of course, there is really no baby and I’ll just pretend to have a miscarriage within the next week or so.

Mia: Hey how are you?

Luke: Where are you? We need to talk now.

Mia: Melbourne Central, why? What’s going on?

Luke: Meet you by the water fountain in 10

Luke’s P.O.V:

The reality of everything finally sunk in and it hurt. It hurt more than anyone could imagine, she took me for a fool, but after all that’s really what I was. I was so angry with her; I didn’t know what to do with myself. I rang her; I had to talk to her. After this, I will have no more contact with her, she needs to be put where she belongs and that’s in a mental institution. As I was walking up towards the water fountain, I saw her and this time, I saw her for what she truly was. A manipulative bitch. What did I ever see in her?   

Luke: How could you? Did you never think I was going to find out?

Mia: What are you talking about? Why are you being like this?

Luke: Maybe because I just found out that you’re not really pregnant you fake bitch. Why would you make something like this up, are you that bored with your life you have to fuck with mine?

Mia: How did you find out? It was never supposed to be like this

Luke: Oh so what was it supposed to be like? How long did you actually think this little charade of yours was going to last for? Sooner or later I was going to figure it out.

Mia: You still haven’t answered my question, how did you work out that this was all a lie?

Luke: The date on the ultrasound photo is from 2011, great job of covering that up

Mia: Oh I didn’t even notice it myself..

Luke: I can’t believe you; do you have anything to say to justify what you’ve done?

Mia: Just that I really love you, and want to be with you more than anything

Luke: No, you are a physcopath who needs some serious help. I NEVER want to see you again.

I turned around and walked away, before I said anything that I might regret later. If it wasn’t for Talia, would I have ever picked up that Mia wasn’t pregnant? I have the most amazing girlfriend in the world and I am so lucky to have her, she really does care about me and I love her to bits for that.

REMEMBER TO COMMENT/VOTE :)