Chapter 27 ~Take Two~

Charlotte's POV

I woke up in the morning on the couch with Harry's head in my lap. As per usual, he looked angry as he slept, his brows furrowed, causing a crease to form between the two of them. I gave a pitiful smile and brushed his tousled curls out of his face. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes. Startled, he looked around before relaxing back into me. "Good morning." he smiled. "I'm sorry for blowing up yesterday."

"Hey, I was totally asking for it." I smiled, sarcastically. Harry smirked and pulled at my hair, lovingly. "Do you feel any better?"

"Oh, loads." he answered, though I doubted that this was true in the slightest. "Thank you for listening and then staying with me." he said seriously, in a more believable tone now.

"Frankly, I'm offended that you'd think that I wouldn't." I said, leaning down to the point where our noses brushed. "Oh, I'll be right back." I said, standing up.

"Where are you going?" Harry groaned, falling back onto the couch. I didn't answer. I walked to the kitchen and let a pill from the bottle drop into my hand and filled a glass with water. I padded back to the couch and set handed him the glass of water. He held his hand out for the pill, but I shook my head.

"Open." I demanded, pointing at his mouth. Knowingly, he stuck his tongue out, trying to suppress a smile. I sat down in front of him, crossing my legs and placed the pill on his tongue and he swallowed it down. "Do these really help?" I blurted, immediately feeling bad for being insensitive. Harry smiled. interested in the question.

"They help the urges to hurt myself or jump off a bridge. They don't make me any happier, though."

"That's dumb." I frowned. "They should do both. They say that they're supposed to make you happy." I said. Harry shrugged.

"Eh, I don't need them to make me happy. You do a pretty good job, yourself." he said. I grinned and threw myself into his arms. 

"I'm so glad that I make you happy." I mumbled, into his shoulder. He rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head.

"You really do." he muttered.

"Can we get breakfast?" I asked, grinning. "We never got to that one day, a long time ago... I don't know if you remember it." Harry looked up.

"I remember..." his voice was monotone. I realized that this might've been a bad idea to mention, as it was the day his sister had died. He sighed and groaned. "How about a kiss as payment?" I smiled, ready to oblige.

Harry's POV

Little did she know how hard it was for me to do much more than get off the couch. Every inch of my being ached with exhaustion from my previous meltdown. I wanted to lay in bed all day, but more than that, I wanted to make Charlotte happy. So I did as she asked.

"Are you ok?" she asked, startling me out of my daydream. I realized we were still on the road, glanced at the speedometer and slammed on the brakes, throwing the both of us forward in our seats.

"Sorry." I breathed, taking a deep breath, slowly pressing on the gas again. What was I doing?"

Charlotte's POV

My heart raced as he stepped on the brakes. "Hey." I said, softly. "Hey, it's ok." I took his hand in mine and laced our fingers together. He smiled at me, appreciatively and focused harder on the road. "You're ok." I said soothingly, rubbing my thumb back and forth over the top of his hand.

"You can say that all you want, but that doesn't make it true." he mumbled. I sighed and let go of his hand again in annoyance. "Hey." Harry said as we pulled into a parking spot in the lot of the same diner we had tried to dine at months ago. "Hey." he said again, taking my face in his hands. "I'm sorry." he said, resting his forehead against mine. I looked down, trying to avoid his gaze. "Charlotte, I'm sorry." he whined, running his fingers through my hair. My head fell onto his chest as I gave in. 

"I love you." I whispered, wrapping my arms around his waist. His eyes widened and then relaxed as he smiled.

"I love you too." he said, sliding out from under me and opening my car door for me.

"That was lovely. Thank you for taking me out again." I smiled after we had left.

"I'd take you out any day, beautiful girl." he smiled down at me, wrapping his arm around my waist. 

While on the way back to my house, Harry's phone rang. "Hello? Yeah, I just got back from breakfast. Yes, with Charlotte. Shut up! I'm not whipped. Yeah, I'll be there in... about twenty minutes."

"Who was it?" I asked, curiously.

"Ash."

"And?"

"We have to meet up to talk about some issues."

"What issues?"

"People."

"What kind of people?" I asked.

"Charlotte." Harry scolded my curiosity. I flushed and shrugged.

"Is it safe?"

"I don't know."

"Do you have to go?"

"Yes, baby." Harry confirmed, pulling into my driveway.

"Harry." I whined.

"Don't worry. I'll be ok." he confirmed, pulling me across the center console into his lap. "I'll keep you updated, okay?" I nodded. "I love you." he said, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. He kissed my neck and moved to my shoulders and lower and lower.

"Stop." I moaned, moving against him. He nearly immediately got hard. He groaned and pushed my shorts and underwear down. My eyes widened and I quickly undid his belt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 He sighed and sat up straight. "I should probably go now."

"Already?"

"Already. I'm already going to be late. I love you." he said firmly, kissing the tip of my nose.

"I love you. Do me a favor and come back alive."

"I'll try."

-------------

Author's Note: This is kind of a filler chapter, so sorry about that.

[ADDED}: VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! I added some things to chapter 16 and 17 (Anchors and Stay) These things include an explanation to Madison about Clip (Now Marcus) and an explanation from Harry as to why Marcus doesn't like him. I would really appreciate if you went back and read just those parts. It would help you understand the story better. I just realized that these things weren't in the story. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

1.6k reads is astounding! I am so thankful for each and every one of you.

Not posting the next chapter until this reaches at least 20 reads. Sorry for the very active readers :( If you read actively, you can message me for a sneak peek.

Thank you to emotionallyreckless for commenting and voting all the time. Love it. Also, thank you again to Y0seline for commenting on a previous chapter.

Lots of love!

~Peyt xx