Chapter 31 ~Feel~

Author's Note: Finally! I've been working on this chapter for a really, really long time so I hope that you enjoy it. It's super long, so at least it won't be super disappointing. Also! I wrote smut for like, the first time ever. It's just soft smut, but warning that it's there.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Harry, it's nearly four in the morning. Why are you calling me? Are you ok?" I wanted to be irritated, but the last time he called me this early in the morning, he was on a mission to kill himself.

"I just wanted to let you know that Michael was arrested."

"For what?!" I gasped, sitting up in bed. Other than Harry and Louis, of course, Michael had always been the sweetest one in the gang.

"He was caught while he was street racing. He just has to spend a few days in there."

"Someone has to get him out of there. He'll die. They'll be so mean to him in there. He's too pure for jail. Can't someone bail him out?"

"Relax, it's not federal prison and it's certainly not Alcatraz. His parents would have been able to bail him out. They're really wealthy. However, it's not his first offense with street racing. His parents are always super pissed about it, so they're not paying for it this time. Him and his parents have never really gotten along..."

"Are you at the station?"

"No, I probably shouldn't go anywhere around there. They don't exactly like me. I certainly wouldn't want to give them any sort of reason to put me in the same position. I try to stay away from the police station. He called me because he couldn't get in contact with his parents. Luke's at the station now though. They don't really know anything about Luke because Luke is a pretty good kid. He acts tough, but he's a scaredy cat."

"That's good. At least someone's there, trying to figure it out."

"Yeah..." there was a moment of silence on the phone and I almost fell asleep until he spoke again. "Louis started physical therapy four days ago or so."

"Do you know how it's going?"

"He wouldn't tell me anything about it so I went down there and tried to get one of the employees to tell me. Of course, they wouldn't, but a friend Louis made in there told me that he's made no progress at all. They can't get his leg to move at all and he gets frustrated so easily when it doesn't do what it's supposed to. I heard he's stormed out once already. He came back though because he couldn't get far on crutches and there wasn't really a point."

"Is he at home now or is he trying to make it on his own at his apartment?"

"He's at home. The girls are taking care of him. They love it, but you know he hates it..."

"You don't sound tired." I noticed, turning the light on my fish tank on so I could be relaxed by their constant back and forth motions.

"I'm not."

"Why not? It's super late. You should be asleep."

"There's too much on my mind. I haven't slept properly in days. Trust me, I've tried."

"Can you come over?"

"Right now?" he asked.

"Yeah now." I grinned and I felt like he could hear my smile through the phone. "I miss you. It's been a few days since the last time I saw you."

"I'm on my way." he grumbled and I heard him shifting, probably getting out of bed.

Half an hour later, I led him into my room and we laid down on the bed. I immediately dove under the covers, praying for warmth. Harry's warm body slid into bed next to mine, giving me the heat I so desired. I latched onto him, hoping to warm up. "You know, I've missed you too. A lot." he said, kissing my forehead. I rested my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist. It felt good to not be so alone anymore. Harry was nearly asleep, but sleeping just wasn't coming to me. I had a habit of being fidgety when I couldn't sleep so he noticed. "Are you alright, Charlotte?"