Chapter 22 ~Acrimony~

Louis' POV

-----------------

As much as I wanted to be angry at Harry for being so mean, I couldn't blame him. I knew that he was going through a hard time.  This must be the most emotionally and mentally challenging time he's ever been through, and he's been through hell and back with his sister dying at such a young age. He can't lose another girl that means so much to him. Though, I couldn't deny the hurt that I had felt. He had yelled through his bedroom door that he was sorry, but I didn't answer. I wanted him to know that he had let me down without straight out rejecting his apology. It was a rare occurrence for Harry to apologize for anything and honestly, I felt honored that he had apologized to me at all. Not that I'd ever tell him that. I couldn't remember the last time he had apologized for anything and I was starting to think that he never had.

I wanted to help my best friend get over this trench he was in, but I understood that he needed alone time too. Reflection could help heal a broken heart. It had been a few days since then and I assume that he had spent most of his time sleeping. He never came out of his room to eat, so I left food by his door. He took it, but still never said a word. I wasn't offended. I was just happy that he was eating at all. Maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was shoving it all out the window or maybe he was so hungry from all the weed he was smoking. I was never sure what was going on inside that room.

We had moved into a safe house for the time being. Harry said that he couldn't stand to be in a hotel room any longer. I didn't know why he wanted to get out of the hotel so badly. It was a nice hotel. But at least we didn't have to pay for the safe house. We had to pay for the hotel room and all the damages that Harry had done to it.

I stretched and slid out of bed, pulling the covers back up and flattening them. I walked past Harry's room to hear no sound. The silence was slightly frightening, but he wasn't completely stupid and I knew that he would refrain from making any rash choices. I set some water on the stove eye for tea and dropped off toast and hot cereal by Harry's bedroom door. He had a rough fight last night and even if he hadn't been sulking, I knew to leave him alone. He needed time to recover after a battle like that. I knocked a couple times to let him know that it was there and slunk to the living room. I let out a deep sigh, turning on the television. I was hardly interested what was on the News, but then again, there was nothing better to watch.

"The name of an abducted teenage girl was finally released late last night. Charlotte Winters, age 18 was taken mid Tuesday afternoon while on her way to a friend's house."

My heart stopped and my jaw nearly hit the floor. Charlotte

"A traffic camera was able to catch the scene, but as of now, no one has claimed to know the man shown in the video. The man stands at about 6 feet with dark hair and beard. Here's what the traffic camera caught now..."

I rewinded the TV a few seconds and paused it at the beginning of the news story. Thank the gods above for DVR. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Anger coursed through my veins and seethed from every inch of my skin. How dare that man lay even a finger on my best friend. The rage I was feeling right now was enough to make me feel like I was going to faint. I would stop at no limits to find her. Oh no. How was I going to tell Harry? She was the love of his life and some deranged man had her in his possession, doing who knows what to her. Now fear tingled through me, all the way to the ends of my fingers. I didn't want to be anywhere near Harry to witness his reaction when he found out, but I knew that I had to tell him immediately. I felt numb as I found my footing and dragged myself to Harry's room. He hadn't come out to get the breakfast yet, so I pushed it aside with my foot and knocked.

"I know it's there, Louis." Harry called. He sounded like he actually hadn't slept in years, though it seemed like that was all he did these days. Maybe it was the cigarettes that made his voice sound like this.

"Actually, Harry... I have something to tell you. It's really important and you need to know right now." my voice cracked. I mentally scolded myself. I tried very hard to not sound nervous, but the circumstances was making it impossible.

"If it's the same thing as the other day, I really don't' want to h-"

"It's not, Harry. I'm coming in." I said pushing his door open. Books slid away from the other side of the door, scattering farther around his bedroom floor. I walked to the center of the room and wrung my hands. Anger seeped through my veins and I was sure that he had noticed it. He looked taken aback. However, when I told him, I know that he'd lose his grip and become a beast temporarily. He looked up from his bed ridden sate. He looked at me expectantly and maybe a little concerned. I wasn't scared. I was just as mad as he'll be when I tell hm. If I had to be honest, which wasn't hard for me, it looked like he had been hit by a truck but this was no time for rude observations.

"Well, spit it out." Harry grimaced. He really was in a bad mood. Maybe I should wait until he was feeling a little better. No... If I did that, he'd kill me for sure.

"Charlotte's been kidnapped." I blurted, unable to hold it in any longer. At first, it didn't seem to register in his mind. He stared back at me blankly as if he thought I wasn't telling the truth but when I made no effort to change my statement, that quickly changed. Rage flashed through Harry's eyes. He was up and had his hands around my neck all in under three seconds. My eyes widened, but his intentions didn't seem to be to murder me yet. However, there did seem to be the intentions of murder to someone else.

"YOU'RE LYING TO ME." he roared, wringing my neck. I shook my head wildly and cowered slightly. His fist connected with the wall just behind me, thawing pieces of plaster in all directions. His breathing was ragged as he grabbed everything he could get his hands on, breaking everything into millions of pieces. I let out the breath I had been holding since I thought he was going to hit me in the face.

"Harry, stop!" I pleaded, trying to grab his arm to restrain him from doing any further damage. This wasn't his own home.

"DON'T YOU TOUCH ME!" Harry yelled, spewing a chair across the room and tipping his desk. "DON'T TOUCH ME." he roared, even though we no longer had any contact. Saliva rolled down his chin, making him look criminally insane, which I often questioned if he actually was, but I knew how he felt. Mostly. His fist flung back and hit me in the jaw. I tried to ignore the brutal pain for his sake.

"YOU HAVE TO CALM DOWN IF YOU PLAN TO DO ANYTHING TO FIND HER!" I yelled at him, and his expression changed immediately. He seemed to relax now, but his eyes were glassy.

"Charlotte." he breathed, pale as a ghost. I was as angry as he was, but I typically had more control over my temper and I knew that we couldn't accomplish anything if both of us were busy destroying everything in our wake out of pure rage.

"Relax." I cooed.

"RELAX?" he started, but calmed down. Maybe he finally realized that I was right.

"Ok." I said, pulling up his desk chair to sit in front of him. Harry wiped the spit off of his chin with the back of his hand and let out a heavy breath. I brought my fingers to my jaw, wincing on the sore injury. It was going to be a nasty bruise, that's for sure. "What are we going to do about this?"

"Find her. Immediately." Harry breathed, his hands wrapped around the back of my chair, his knuckles already bruised and bleeding.

"How are we going to do that?"

"I'll do anything to get her back." he panted. "Anything."

------------------------

Author's Note: So this was interesting.... Kind of scary.

Emotionallyreckless is literally like my favorite person. You should check out some of her stuff. She's amazing.

1.2K reads is just blowing my mind. Thank you so much to those who have read Remember Me and an extra special thanks to those who have stuck through every single chapter so far!

Lots of love!

~Peyt xxx