11

This chapter contains self harm

~ Instagram ~

emmawood 💞

Liked by jackaverymusic, jonahmarais, and 1,346,264 others

imzachherron THATS MY BEST FRAND
kennedymoore gorgeous 😍
user1 ur ugly
jonahmarais i have no words babe
user2 I love you!! Pls follow
user3 you don't deserve Jonah
user4 ^ gtfo
corbynbesson slay bestie💜

As I scrolled through the comments, I saw the good ones and the bad ones. I know that I have more lovers than haters, and I shouldn't let the mean ones get to me. Shrugging off the rude ones, I jumped up from my spot on the bed and skipped downstairs, plopping down on the couch next to Corbyn and Jonah. I smiled, Jonah putting his arm around me.

   "I like your new picture," he said, smirking.

   "YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME PIC CREDS!" Daniel screamed from the bathroom.

   "YOU DON'T DESERVE THEM!" I yelled back. He walked out, putting his hand over his heart with a hurt expression. I stuck out my tongue at him and Jack chanted "fight". I rolled my eyes and dug my head into Jonah's chest.

   "Oh, we gotta go!" Jonah exclaimed, jumping up from his spot. "We're gonna be late for our interview!"

"Have fun, guys," I said, quickly kissing Jonah as they ran out the door. I sighed, plopping down on the couch again.

"So what are we gonna watch?" Kennedy asked. We scrolled through some movies, and we narrowed it down to The Kissing Booth and The Circle. "Which one?"

Suddenly, my phone started buzzing like crazy. Picking it up, I saw that I was added to a group chat. I opened Instagram and entered the chat. It was called "🤮🤮".

wdwlove why did u guys add Emma
whydontweee so we can hate on her
seaveyfranzich smh she sucks tho
wdwlove yeah she's fat
imkylieherron she's so ugly I can't look at her

I decided to say something.

emmawood why did you guys add me if you're just going to be mean??
wdwlove I told you she would see it!
imkylieherron omg go away
whydontweee you don't deserve Jonah you are just in it for fame
seaveyfranzich you should die nobody likes you

   "Emma?" Kennedy waved her hand in front of my face. "What movie?"

   "Oh!" I snapped into reality. "Umm... The Circle."

My phone buzzed again.

seaveyfranzich you should just kill yourself
whydontweee yeah it would be better for everyone
imkylieherron Jonah will break up with u soon he doesn't love you
wdwlove if i could get rid of you I would
whydontweee u need to lose some weight

Tears filled my eyes as I looked through the messages. I know I shouldn't let them get to my head, but for some reason these were really getting to me. I looked up to see the Mexican guy being selected to be killed. I frowned, knowing how the movie ended.

"Are you ok?" Kennedy asked worriedly. I nodded reassuringly.

A few hours later, we were watching The Shape of Water and the messages kept coming in.

wdwlove have you killed yourself yet?
seaveyfranzich hahaha
whydontweee she isn't gonna everyone hates her. She gets these messages every day

   "Emma!" Kennedy snapped. "Are you even paying attention?" She seemed actually angry.

   "S-sorry..." I apologized. She sighed, refocusing her attention on the movie.

"I'll be right back," I said, getting up and going to the bathroom. Shutting the door, and sat down and started sobbing silently.

You don't deserve Jonah.

You're so fat.

Ugly.

   All of a sudden, the thoughts in my head were not mine. All of these words in my mind overpowered the sensible part of me.

   I pulled out my phone and went through my Instagram, reading the mean comments. I started to cry even more with every "ugly" and "fat". Getting angry, I opened the door and chucked my phone down the stairs.

   I closed the door again and lie on the ground, punching my thighs for reasons I did not know. It was like I couldn't control what I was doing, all I knew was that I hated myself.

   I glanced at the razor on the counter, and slowly reached for it. It was a quick but difficult decision.

   I made cuts in my stomach. I didn't feel any pain, all I felt was this overwhelming sadness.

   I'm not good enough.

   I didn't make any super deep cuts, as I had no intentions of killing myself.

   I have never felt like this before, but I continued to make cuts in my stomach.

Stop letting these comments get to your head. They are just jealous of you, and you know that.

   But that didn't help. Right now, none of my thoughts helped.

   When I was finished, I threw the razor back on the counter and flopped onto the cold, tile floor. I noticed some of my blood dripping onto the surface.

   As I lie on the floor crying, I heard a knock on the door.

————————————

A/N:
I HAVE A FEW THINGS TO SAY
1. I'm so sorry it took me forever to update, this chapter got deleted so I had to start over
2. It is very hard to write about something you don't know a lot about. This chapter was very difficult for me to write.

The main purpose of this chapter was to get a look into Emma's mind, to see that she is like most girls and is very self conscious.

The more reads & votes I get, the faster the next chapter is published!!

Word Count: 914