Chapter 18

The crown. I thought. I remember it glowed rose  gold with beautiful three diamonds around the sharp points. Where could it have gone?

"Princess..."

I cleaned my snotty tears up and turned the person speaking to me away. 

"Princess Yivi?! IF you don't shape up your attitude. Is this how you respond to your mother?" I look up and see my great grandmother, the passed queen.

"I literally just met the man that left my mothers side and the crown is missing and I don't know what to do..." I leaned my head back down is disappoint meant. I could feel her fingers gently rubbing my back with her head resting the crook of my neck. 

"Oh dear, you're acting like your mother when she was younger. Distressed and helpless." She said. 

"Maybe i'm not cut out for this royalty stuff. I mean the press already has enough juice from us." I say. "It's gotta be worldwide by now."

"Ah, and thats the good part...Worldwide means everybody knows. Meaning everyone has their eyes peeled to see who is the thief." 

She wasn't wrong. For all I know it could be assassins or smugglers. She helped me up to my feet and took me to the garden. 

"Now, Mia, your mother was different in how she handled things but I believe you're quite the opposite." 

"What makes you say that?" I ask her. 

"Well, for starters. Both of y'all had different education and had different people to deal with. and second, you have different taste in men." 

She left me off in my favorite part of the garden, the colored roses. Man, I love those so much. I laid there in the path between white and pink roses while the servant just stared at me happily. 

"Enjoy your happy place my darling, you deserve it."

I stop her. "At a time like this? with the-"

"You?" I turned over to see Michael with the my crown in his two fingers spinning it around.

"Looking for something."