Chapter Twenty-five

It was a pleasant Monday morning, Angelina had woken up in a state of happiness for she had an amazing weekend. She and Sweet Pea had utilized the times they were alone for their advantage, exploring each other in new ways.

Throughout the weekend, Angelina had spoken with Jughead about their father, as well as the recent developments in Riverdale. It turned out that a woman named Ms Grundy was found murdered in Greendale, on the other side of Sweetwater River. She was a teacher at Riverdale High School, and despite Angelina not knowing the woman, she still felt nauseous.

Angelina had just jumped out of the shower when she heard the familiar sound of her phone. She quickly put on some clothes, a short denim skirt with a dark sweater, and walked to her bedside table. A smile appeared on her face as she looked at the lit up screen.

Sweet Pea:

"Good morning, babe."

Angelina:

"Good morning. Do you want something? Why so sweet?"

Sweet Pea:

"Isn't this what chicks dig? Good morning texts from their boyfriends?"

Angelina Gates:

"Give it another month and you'll be my own personal slave."

Sweet Pea:

"Get your ass to school so I can kiss you."

Angelina put aside her cell phone and continued with her daily morning routine. She was very curious about what the day would bring, as today was the first day of school for Jughead on Southside High. Thanks to all the problems with FP, Jughead had to register at this school, which would certainly be reluctant on his part.

After she smeared the last layer of mascara on her eyelashes, she grabbed her handbag and knocked on the bedroom door of her younger brothers, something she had done for such a long time that it had gradually become a regular habit. Whilst whistling she walked downstairs and discovered that her mother had already left for work.

Just as she laid her empty bowl in the sink, she heard the bickering from her brothers. "What are you even talking about? Batman is great, he doesn't need super powers to kick someone's ass." Ryder seemed to be so caught up in the conversation that he hardly seemed to notice he was about to run into the fridge. "Watch out!" Angelina said as she rushed forward.

Ryder quickly turned his head toward her but saw the obstacle too late. A loud blow echoed and he rubbed his nose with his hand. Rocco didn't care too much for his twin brother, instead he burst out laughing. "You're such a loser." He said cheerfully. Angelina rolled her eyes and ran her fingers through Ryders hair. "You okay, are you in pain?" The boy shook his head and went to the table to eat his breakfast.

"I'm heading off to school, don't forget to put the milk back in the fridge and make sure the front door is locked." As soon as she had uttered this sentence, she noticed that she almost resembled her own mother, which troubled her slightly. The thought of herself being a mother seemed odd.

//////

Fifteen minutes later, Angelina arrived at the well-known school site. She quickly examined herself in the mirror, fiddled with her hair and got out of the car. As she stepped to the entrance of the school, she kindly smiled at a few vague acquaintances she sometimes hung out with.