Chapter One

Angelina Gates slammed the trunk of her car shut with a loud thud. She grabbed the last two moving boxes lying on the ground. "God, why are these so heavy?" She mumbled as she walked towards the fairly large house. This would be her home from this day forward. 

As she walked towards her room she stomped her feet on the stairs, making notice of her annoyance. Angelina threw her boxes on her unmade bed and sighed irritably. "I can't believe this." Her whole life had been packed in only a few boxes and had been transferred from New York to Riverdale. Leaving New York wasn't her decision nor her choice. She had been forced to as she was a minor and therefor had to follow her mother wherever she wanted to go.

"Stop moping. I know you're angry, but this isn't going to help." Her younger brother Rocco walked out of his shared room and leaned his shoulder against the door opening. "What else should I do?" She snapped. "We should make the best out of it. We're here now. We're not going back." 

Angelina didn't like to be lectured or spoken to in that type of way, especially not by her own brother. "Since when did you become so smart?" She sneered. Rocco rolled his eyes but didn't respond. 

 Rocco and their other brother, Ryder were identical twins. They both had dark brown hair and while Angelina had bright blue eyes with green specks and dyed hair. Her brothers were barely 14 years old while she was 16 but that didn't stop them from trying to command her.

"We're here because of her." Angelina mumbled, as she was referring to their mother, who had been so keen on moving to this small town. "Yeah well, get over it." Rocco sneered before walking away and slamming the door of his room shut. Rocco had always been a strong willed boy but lately it has gotten worse as he grew older. 

Angelina sat on her bed and leaned her elbows on her knees while holding her hands in front of her face. They had lived in New York for their entire lives. Her mom grew up in this small place called Riverdale and a month ago she decided to move back here. She said she wanted to leave because of Jack, the biological father of Rocco and Ryder. They had a very dysfunctional relationship, to say the least. They were even married for a while, but that clearly didn't work out. 

It turned out that Jack had been constantly deceiving her mom from the very beginning. He constantly cheated on her and had stolen money from her. After Jack started to threaten Angelina and her brothers, her mom finally got to her senses and applied for a divorce. 

Obviously, Jack wasn't exactly thrilled about that. His attitude shifted dramatically and the aggression and violence he showed towards her mom had only gotten worse. That's why they left. Deep down Angelina knew her mom did it to protect them, but still it felt like a punishment. She just couldn't understand why her mom was so keen on moving back to this small town. 

Angelina looked up and studied her new bedroom. There were four bedrooms in this house and she had claimed the biggest one. She had shrieked with excitement when she discovered this bedroom was attached to a private bathroom. Other teenagers might have let their moms take this bedroom, but she refused. 

Angelina had been pissed for the entire month after she had found out she had to leave her friends behind. That's why her mom gladly gave Angelina this room, hoping it would ease up the tension. 

The bedroom walls were still bare, but soon enough they would be covered in posters, book shelves and what not. The room was quite somber since there were only a minimum of furniture; there was a double bed with a nightstand, a big closet and a wooden desk with matching chair. She would have to buy decoration and other things along the way, but she didn't mind. She could make this her own personal space, since she shared her room with her brothers back in New York.