Chapter Fifteen

Two days had passed since Angelina's confrontation with Mustang and the loyalty test of the Southside Serpents. It was now Tuesday morning and Amelia was busy getting herself ready for a new school day. She couldn't particularly call the school days at Southside High dull as there were quarrels every day paired with drug abuse. Every time Amelia saw the drugs being used in the hallways or in the girl's bathroom she felt sick and disgusted.

  In those two days the members tried to keep a low profile, afraid of making a mistake. In the meantime, Angelina had once again confronted her brother with the drugs she had found in his room. This time she was not so forgiving, she had ignored his lousy arguments and went to their mom to explain everything. Not only was their mom extremely angry with Rocco, she also was very disappointed in Angelina for not telling the truth earlier. Angelina, however, had done her best to solve the problem herself so she felt a little frustrated by her mom's reaction.   

  The atmosphere in the house has been very tense since then. Ryder didn't understand what was going on while the other three tried their best to ignore each other. Angelina and Rocco hadn't spoken since their fight, Rocco being very displeaded by the fact he was grounded for a very long time while Angelina felt her trust was betrayed by Rocco.

Angelina decided on a short black skirt with stockings underneath, paired by a turtleneck sweater and her familiar combat boots. She let her fingers trail over her jacket before slipping it on. Angelina now wore her Southside leather jacket with courage and pride. She knew she still had to go through some tests and she was very anxious and curious to see what they would include. 

The fact that she had joined the gang didn't sit well with her mom. It had only worsened the atmosphere in the household. Besides, Angelina hadn't forgotten about her discovery - how FP and her mom weren't related at all. 

Angelina went downstairs and was greeted by Ryder. "Can you help me with my English homework tonight?" He asked. She knew he was perfectly capable of doing his homework by himself, he just wanted some contact. "Of course." She said as she grabbed some fruit and snacks for during the day. 

After Angelina had stuffed the food in her backpack, she left the house without saying a word to her brother and mother.

Angelina felt really bad about the whole situation but she couldn't back down. Rocco had absolutly no reason for being pissed; he was the one who betrayed everyone's trust. What was so appealing to selling drugs anyway? Her mom, on the other side, did have valid reasons for being disappointed in her.

Angelina decided to suppress those thoughts and turned on the buttons until she found a suitable radio station that played good music. She falsely sang along with the current song as she shook her head back and forth.

/////////

Three hours later Angelina sat in class, surrounded by Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea. Angelina and Sweet Pea had been laughing and joking around ever since they greeted this morning. He seemed in a playful mood which Angelina really enjoyed. 

Toni, on the other hand, seemed like she was actually trying to participate in the class which caused Fangs to tease her. "What's wrong, Toni? Suddenly interested in school? You're not feeling sick, are ya?" Fangs said as he placed his hand on Toni's forehead. She quickly swatted his hand away and sighed. "If only you would be silent." Sweet Pea snorted out of laughter and Angelina quickly followed.