Chapter Three

Angelina barely opened her eyes as she reached for her phone, turning off the annoying sound. She got out of bed and dreaded this day. "Fuck." She whispered. After what happened on the parking lot yesterday, she had no idea how Sweet Pea would act around her. Normally she could care less but she didn't want to spend the rest of the school year being on someone's hate-list. 

Especially if that person was part of a gang. 

Angelina refreshed herself in the bathroom and tried her best to comb all the tangles out of her hair. She decided to wear a pair of black ripped jeans and an over-sized gray sweater with a turtleneck, wearing thick platform shoes underneath. As Angelina passed her brothers rooms she knocked on the doors again. 

Angelina went downstairs and greeted her mom who was busy preparing lunch. "Feeling better?" Her mom asked. "Yeah, sorry about yesterday. Shouldn't have snapped like that." Angelina grabbed a yogurt and apple from the fridge and sat down on a chair. 

"I understand your frustrations, I know you're not the type who likes to be bossed around. But take that boy's advice, the Ghoulies can't be trusted." Angelina said nothing while she quietly ate her breakfast. 

A few moments later her brother Ryder came into the kitchen. "Good morning." Ryder said happily. "Someone's in a good mood." Ryder nodded and grabbed milk from the fridge and poured it in a bowl, alongside some cereal. "I've already made a lot of friends, I can't wait to go back to school." Angelina stared at him with an open mouth. Ryder wants to go to school? Well, that's a first. 

Rocco also came down but looked much less happy. "How are you feeling, baby?" Our mom cooed. Rocco shrugged his shoulders. The high school thought it was best to separate the boys by putting them in different classes. That decision wasn't well received by Rocco. Those two were practically inseparable, and the fact that they now had their own bedrooms probably didn't make it any better. "It will all be fine. You just have to get used to it." Angelina smiled as she ran her fingers through his hair.

She always struggled whenever she saw one of her brothers feeling sad. Officially they were her half-brothers, but she saw them as her full blood brothers for she had never known anything else. It was only two years ago that Angelina had noticed that she didn't ressemble her brothers at all. She had confronted her mom about this and she had admitted that they didn't share the same father. The confession of her mom felt like a hard slap in the face. On one hand, Angelina was relieved that Jack wasn't her biological father but on the other hand she felt quite sad. She desperately wanted to know who her biological father was but her mom had always refused to give her an answer. 

After Angelina checked her backpack she said goodbye and walked to her car. Fifteen minutes later she arrived at school. Again she felt the looks from the teenagers and tried not to be bothered by it. She walked through the metal detector, still uncertain about the whole procedure. Afterwards she looked around to see if she could see Toni anywhere. When that turned out not to be the case, she walked towards her locker.

"Angel Eyes, what's up?" Toni appeared out of nowhere and stood next to Angelina's locker. "Not much." She replied. She quickly closed her locker and together they walked to the first class of today. They got English from Mr. Phillips. He must be the only teacher to even remotely care about the education of his students. He always came in prepared and tried to wheel the students in. Angelina liked the guy, simply for trying to survive in a jungle.

A few hours later it was time for lunch. Angelina was glad that her mom had given her a lunch because she was disgusted when she looked at the lunch staff and the food they served. The food looked awful and the staff shabby. She wouldn't be surprised if it turned out the cook sometimes spit in the food. She and Toni walked over to the lunchtable occupied by the Serpents. Angelina sat down and started eating her lunch. "Angel Eyes." Joacquin greeted her as he sat down next to Toni. It was still quite uncomfortable to hear her pet name come out of the mouths from other people than her mom and her uncle. But she secretly hoped that the nickname would stick because it was kinda cute.