Chapter Twenty-eight

A day had passed since Angelina had barged into the bar and had confronted Sweet Pea about his behavior concerning Star. Since then, she had ignored his messages because talking to him wouldn't do any of them any good for she could say things she would later regret.

Angelina had decided to stay home yesterday, as she needed some time to calm down. Sweet Pea and a few other members had blown up her phone, asking where she was and demanding she would talk to her boyfriend which had angered her even further.

Their relationship was something between the two of them, so she didn't want anyone else to infere or state their opinion. Since all of the younger members of the Serpents were close, it was only natural they wanted everything to be okay. But this was something that the two teenagers had to figure out by themselves.

The reason why Angelina was so hurt and upset was because Sweet Pea just let Star touch him without caring what other people thought and without caring if she would've found out. Which she did. 

Perhaps she was overreacting, perhaps she should've given Sweet Pea the benefit of the doubt. But at that exact moment, Angelina wasn't prepared to listen to his excuse.

Angelina sighed as she put on a pair of black jeans with tears at the knees, with a bordeau sweater and black combat boots underneath. With doubting fingers she rubbed the fabric of her Serpent jacket. It was urgent time that she would to the Serpent dance, only then would she be fully accepted by the group, especially by Star. 

She frowned and began applying her make-up. Angelina had mixed feelings towards the Serpent dance, her reasoning were questionable. She wanted to prove to Star that she was in fact loyal towards all Serpents.

Another reason why was because it sometimes felt weird, hanging out with a bunch of people and yet feeling slightly left out. Hopefully it would change after she humiliated herself in front of everyone.

After Angelina smeared a last layer of mascara on her eyelashes, she put on the Serpent jacket, grabbed her handbag, and knocked on her brothers' doors as she passed.

When she arrived in the kitchen, she saw a note on the kitchen table.

"Angel, the school called this morning to inform me you weren't at school. I hope you have a really good explanation. Love, mom."

Angelina groaned, crumpled the note, and threw it into the bin. She had never guessed that the staff at Southside High were so accommodating with their students. It's not like they cared when the two gangs got into a fight or when students were being bullied and blackmailed. 

She wasn't really worried about what her mom had to say about the matter. Her mom grew up in the Southside so she probably skipped school all the time. Instead, Angelina focused on making breakfast for her and her two brothers.

"Hey, sis." Ryder greeted her as they entered the kitchen. Her smile dropped from her face when she saw the t-shirt Rocco was wearing. "I thought I asked you not to wear these." She scolded. 

When her two brothers had come home yesterday, they had enthusiastically told about the events that had taken place at Riverdale High. Veronica had made a large number of t-shirts with a red target on the front. She had done that to support her boyfriend, Archie, through the insane situation with the Black Hood.