Chapter Thirty

Angelina lay peacefully asleep in the large bed when she heard the front door close with a soft thud. Half asleep she yawned and listened to the distant footsteps. "Sweet Pea?" She whispered as she rubbed her eyes. 

When he didn't respond Angelina began to worry that the person in the trailer wasn't her boyfriend but a complete stranger. She quickly looked around to find a weapon to defend herself, but all she found was a barren plant pot and a belt. Great, you can swing the plant in the psycho's face. She thought to herself.

"Sweet Pea? Is that you?" She asked again, now with a louder voice. The bedroom door swung open to reveal locks of familiar dark hair. "Sorry, did I wake you?" He asked with a low, sultry voice.

Angelina shrugged and patted the bed with her hands. "What time is it?" Sweet Pea smoothly removed his jeans and threw his shirt on the ground before he walked towards the bed. "It's almost 2 a.m. I had a beer with the boys before I got here." Angelina stretched out her arms and a moment later she felt his plump lips brushing against hers. 

"You should've seen Jughead's face. He was so shocked when he saw us standing there." Angelina trailed small circles over his bare chest and looked up to him with a love dazed gaze. "Tell me more in the morning."

//////

Angelina opened the door of the girls' toilet and wiped her hands on her trousers. Even though she had grown accustomed to the filthiness of the school in general, she couldn't resist taking a small bottle of hand cleanser from her handbag to disinfect her hands.

"Babe, are you serious?" Sweet Pea chuckled as he draped his arm around her slim shoulder. "Have you ever been in the girl's bathroom before? It's disgusting." Angelina responded as she wiped some strands of hair out of her face. Sweet Pea suddenly jerked her body to his side and whispered dangerously low in her ear. "We could go in there, you know, fool around a bit." She playfully pushed him away while a slight blush crept on her cheeks. "I will never voluntarily be in that bathroom." She responded before she pecked his cheek. "Perhaps another time." 

The two teenagers were plastered by each side when they passed three Ghoulies down the hallway. They each looked down upon the Serpents with a withering glance. Even though the gang war had remained stable for a while now, everyone knew the smallest bump could cause an immense explosion. The members were probably looking for a reason to start a fight. "Babe, look at me." Angelina said for she could feel the tense posture her boyfriend carried. 

Sweet Pea sighed frustratedly and did what he was told. "I needed to talk to you about the Serpent Dance." She said, unsure of why she had chosen that particular subject to distract his mind. He furrowed his eyebrows and waited for her to continue. "Toni said I wasn't obliged to do it, but I want to. I wanna prove my loyalty. I've been a member for a few months now and I still feel like an outsider sometimes. I'm not really involved and-" 

Sweet Pea smoothly pushed her against a wall, shielding her body from any outsiders. "Angel, you're a part of the gang. Everyone likes you. I just try to keep you away from like meetings and other stuff because I know you shouldn't be involved with anything that's going down." Angelina placed her hands on his shoulders and smiled at his honesty. "Oh, someone's protective." She teased him. "Whatever. If you really wanna do the dance, then I'll support you." 

"Are you sure? You wouldn't mind the fact that old creepy men will stare at me?" He clenched his jaws and placed his one hand firmly on her hip. "You're mine and only mine. They can look all they want, but I'm the one who gets to take you home." Angelina smiled before she rose to the tips of her feet and kissed him softly. "I am yours and you are mine."