Chapter 25

Welcome

Darius is coming today. And all we have to do is meet him on the outside. My team is on it. Jahrid, Jandrick, Alisa and me.

After that conversation with Alisa. I really did became depressed. Am I related to them? Besides, they had only one ancestor from the times that Brittania had exist and never let go to each other.

Their main mansion is in the America. Now that I think about it. . . . . No! No way! I trust dad.

I just thought if that first born son is. . . . Dad. Zatielle Arcadejas. I didn't know someone in his family. Even some cousins are none. It's possible.

Because nothing is impossible. Maybe, he just lied. Just like what Lynch said they suddenly ran away from the main mansion.

I took a sigh to calm my head. My heart raced when I felt something in my arm. Or probably someone touched it.

"Are you fine, your breathing is heavy"Jahrid asked. And I flinched a bit now that I felt his warm hands on my forehead.

I shivered a bit. Not that I had a fever but for his touch. He caressed it a bit. "You still had a bit fever. You could rest if you want, too. That stupid guest he really had timing when you're sick"he mumbled.

I bit my lip. Now, he even blamed Darius for coming here because I'm sick. I felt hurt for the two of them. I don't know why I had some connection to Darius too.

I wonder what it felt to watch that they betrayed each other. . . No, that won't happen. I'll stop it.

"Hey"my eyes drifted to him. I opened my mouth. "Oh.... I'm fine. I'll rest after welcoming Darius"I said. I widen my eyes.

Shit! I just told him that we are meeting Darius. "Darius?"he asked while furrowing his eyebrows.

I can't tell him that I remembered his face or what. I can only tell him that I remembered him as a friend. And. . . . . If this will hurt him that I remembered Darius instead of him.

I'm just sorry. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings either. And don't worry. I'll shed my unforgettable memories with you. And I hope you'll be happy.

"My friend. His father Lynch Arcadejas said that he will work here"I smiled. He also smiled.

Phew! I thought he will be hurt but now I think it's a 'long time no see' for us. It's been 7 years since I last saw him when we graduated.

"This place is great!"I heard a girl said. I looked from afar. I saw Darius and a woman, the woman looked young.

Is that his younger sister?

Maybe, she had a nice body. Maybe she got it from her father. They had same jawline, too.

Now that I saw Darius. I widen my eyes now that he is grown-up. He looked like a mini-Zatielle. Yeah, he looked like father.

But Darius is fairer than dad. Maybe because he is out of country and experienced some snows or blah blah blah.

"Is that the team welcoming you? Wow, general surgeons are so polite. The Neurosurgeons are busted that they didn't even welcomed me"the girl said again.

From what I remembered her name is Rehena. She acts like me too. Being crazy for being a doctor and when they found something nice they are amazed. But she is clingy a bit to his brother.

I wonder what it felt to have brother. I saw Darius looked at us and he stopped walking and looked at us for seconds before he started function again.

Then out eyes met and he smirked. I widen my eyes. What the hell is the meaning of that!? For the first time, I saw him smirked. I can't even tell what is he thinking!

They are just meters away from us. "Long time no see friends"he said to us. Jahrid nodded. "Same here, Darius"he said. Then Darius turned to me.

And I saw him smirking a bit. "How are you, Euphiemia? You two really became a doctor, huh?"he asked while smiling.

I chuckled and nodded. "Yeah"I said and Jahrid widened his eyes. Shit! I shouldn't have answered it. Now he knows that I remembered him.

Darius was referring to us! And I answered. So Jahrid must have thought that I know that his dream is to be doctor. But he really want to be a doctor.

I turned to Jahrid. I mouthed 'let's talk about it later'. He bit his lip enough for me to notice.

"I want to invite you. . . I mean the whole team for the resort to have bonding all you want. I think I'll be free in the next five days"Darius suggested.

I saw Alisa smiled. Damn, happy! Now I could drink some beers. Hihihi. Black label, my favorite.

"So are you all fine with that? I could ask the President to clear a schedule for the next five days and tomorrow after that"he said.

So..... You know the secret of the Haniego and Arcadejas, huh? But now that I think he isn't affected with the status of Jahrid and him. I'm glad, though. 

"So I'm a member in your team huh? Jahrid?"he asked Jahrid while smiling then he nodded.

"I will think which office you will be staying...... Can he stay with you Alisa?"Jahrid asked Alisa. Alisa widen her eyes.

"Uhh..... Su––"

"No. Doctor Arcadejas will be staying with me"Jandrick commented. Darius is smart. He chuckled.  

"I see. Jealousy really is something"Darius said. I can see Alisa is glaring at Jandrick but he just rolled his eyes.

"This team is great, though. These two are some lovebirds, eh?"Darius teased. Alisa blushed.

"Yeah righ––"

Alisa suddenly grabbed him by his ear. "Stop the nonsense, Jandrick"she said. As I can see, she's flustered that's why she wants her to shut him up.

Jandrick groaned. "Fine fine....."he said. I furrowed my eyebrow. It's my first time that he didn't beg Alisa to let him go.

"You can let him go, Alisa"I said. Jandrick turned to her. "No, don't let me go"he smiled evilly. Alisa glared at him.

Looks like she understood it. Alisa slapped his forehead and let him go. I chuckled.

Nice way for welcoming Darius, huh? 

Written by: annexbunny