Chapter 19

I know

Jahrid's POV

It hurts me again seeing her like this. The thing happened years ago flashed on my mind.

"It's okay now, calm down"I said while wiping her tears. She looked confused. Did you remember now, Euphie?

She cried continuously. I bit my lip. Do you want me to say it again, huh?

"Euphie, what about the promise? You promised"I said. I'll just give her a clue. I saw Eustace on afar and Jandrick but stopped running when they saw me with her.

She blinked. "Promise? Yeah, I remember his promise"she said while crying. I remember what she said on new year.

"I'm waiting for my friend whom I kept my promise to. If he returns I want to cry in his arms endlessly"

Maybe, I should let her for now. I bit my lip. "Euphie? Is this why you're cold to everyone?"I asked. Because just now I realized something. I sighed.

"What do you mean?"she asked while sobbing. I smiled. I can't believe she really did kept the promise. "You're cold to everyone who is new and had a stupid attitude because..... You don't want to be affected?"I asked. It may.

What I mean was. She became cold sometimes. Because she didn't want to be that affected to them once they leave or she will leave. Is this because of the promise? She don't want to be affected because I don't want her to cry without me.

"Is it.... Obvious? I didn't say anything to you"she said weakly. I furrowed my eyebrow. Urgh, not now! Gosh!

She fainted again. Eustace and Jandrick went to us and Eustace carried her to a room. Only me and Jandrick left.

"I know it was you"he suddenly said and he got my attention. Damn! I felt jealous because Eustace carried Euphie.

"What?"I asked. He got his cellphone and it had my name. It called me. Wait, I didn't remember answering a phone.

"So?"I asked. He looked concerned because of me and Euphie. He looked at me coldly. Did I did something wrong?

"I know you're that stupid friend of hers because when you hugged her while I called you It must have pressed in you chest. But do you know what? Euphie suffered because of herself and the promise, bro"he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What? And he seems to notice my expression. "While you're not there and situation like this happen she even locked herself at the office for days. Eustace and Alisa tried to calm her down while I'm looking for keys. Now what? Tell her that you came back for her sake. So, she will happy for herself that she finally done the promise!"he said.

I blinked. What!? Did it really......happen? His cold expression soften a little.

"Even you're a closer friend to hers than us. You better reveal yourself if you truly care for her, Jahrid Haniego"he said then walked away.

So...... She's been waiting for me this all years? Did I really made her wait? Of course, because she asked me if I will go back at the airport years ago.

But I don't know....... She's desperate to see me. Now, I know. But...... One thing hasn't puzzled. Why is she really desperate that she even suffered because of me?

It's not that she like me, right?

I suddenly stopped my senses from thinking of it. I closed my eyes and my cheeks felt cold. Is it really...... Because I made her wait? If so, she shouldn't have let me go.

She's that desperate but...... Why did she let me go? It's not like in movies or books that they will let go of their loved ones for their good. If she had liked me...... I wouldn't know because I never seen her interested to a man.

I bit my lip. When will I ever get chance of that? Only stupid dupid Cupid only knows.

I'm really confused right now.

****************

It's been hours since Euphie fainted. Her father visited too. He remembered me for god's sake.

"You're back, huh?"he said while bringing food for the two of us. I nodded happily. He smiled. "I guess, Euphiemia didn't remember you"he said while looking at me with his purple eyes.

"It's okay Sir Zatielle"I said his name. He nodded. "That's why she must probably like you as a friend or what?"he raised an eyebrow. My eyebrow shot up.

"What?"I asked. He pouted. "I wish you we're here in the hospital when you left her. I want you to see her face when you finally left"he said chuckling.

"Well...."I bit my lip. "When I talked to her that you are worried of her. She's so defensive that you two are friends but I can see through her eyes. Of course, she's my daughter. I know the fact that she didn't like the relationship of you two"

I let out an innocent look. "She likes you, Jahrid. I can see it"he said. My system stopped working.

I widen my eyes. Is this.....true? Wait no, I must let Euphie confess that from her own mouth whether she likes me or not.

"It's just......."I can't finish my sentence since I was too affected. He suddenly gave me a teasing smile. "Let's eat"he said.

He opened some lunch boxes. It revealed some soups and pork. Damn it! I'm hungry just the sight of it. But. . . .

I really can't get it out of my mind. Did she really like me? It will be answered by the only one.

That was a short update. There is something about the Arcadejas, right? Ahh, Euphie has same feature of some family, eh? Hihihi. . . . .

Written by: annexbunny