Chapter 1

Emergency room

"Come in the emergency room,right away and check the patient with pancreas tail, right now!"My senior shouted at me. I only got a year left and I'll be a real general surgeon and get out of here.

I wore my doctor robe and went to the ER. My mom has terminal lung cancer at the other hospital. And my dad he's just working hard to pay the bills.

I went near to the patient and looked at her vitals. I called my Senior probably going lunch now. I dialed his number.

"Why Euphiemia?"he asked. I sighed. "There's nothing wrong with the patient, sir. Her vitals is normal and I decreased the saline"I reported. "Okay keep checking in on her every hour, she might have cardiac arrest"he said then hung up.

Soon, I will go to Chong Hua Hospital and become a great doctor there.

I, Jamaica Euphie Arcadejas will do my job. I could be there. "We had an emergency patient!"someone shouted. I saw a man holding to his stomach while in a pain face.

I ran to them. "His blood pressure is dropping and 140 beats"the man said. "Please page Doctor Jahrid!"I shouted to the nurse nearby. She nodded and went to the telephone.

"Sir what is wrong?"I asked the patient. He groaned from pain. "My stomach hurts days ago when I drink it hurts"he stated.

I pouted. "I'll push your abdomen and please hold it on"I said while I offered why hand. He nodded.

I pressed some parts. Then I pressed the center. He shouted from pain.

Doctor Jahrid has arrived. "What's wrong?"He asked. "His abdomen is hard and his center is hurt the most..... I think it's ulcer perforation"I reported.

His lips became thin. He thought something. "Take him to a CT scan and if his blood pressure drops 100ml of saline and prepare for operation and report to me if you got the result"he said while checking the patient.

No wonder he's my friend. He's so serious when it comes to work. He looked at me and I blinked. "You'll be the assistant, Euphie"he said then walked away. Probably he will change to his surgery gown.

I ran to my locker to change,too.

***************

"Close him up, Euphie you can do that much,right?"Jahrid asked. I nodded. He left me in the Operating Room. "Suture"I asked the nurse and stitched him up.

After that I had my late lunch because of the operation. I sat down on the chair in the cafeteria. I ordered something and arrived.

As I ate someone came to the table where I sat. "You're alone?"Jahrid asked.

I raised my eyebrow. "It's not that I'm the only person here"I said while chewing my food.

He hit my head with his chopstick. "I know you're smart to know that I didn't mean that"he said.

"And I know you're smart enough to know that I might get brain problems if you hit me with things"I told him while glaring at him.

He rolled his eyes while he looked away.

"You're such mama's boy"I teased. He glared at me. Wanting to tease him more. "Ooh, I'm really afraid now"I said. He took a sigh. "I really don't want to fight with you"he said while looking serious.

"Coward, are you?"I asked while chewing food. He furrowed his eyebrow. "I know you're a girl but for the sake of the justice"he suddenly pinched my cheeks

"Know the feeling that got hurt of a friend"he said while chuckling. "Yah! I'll get more ugly because I'm ugly already"I murmured.

"Who says you're ugly? I think you're beautiful everytime I see you"

I don't know why my heart beats really fast.

"Tsk, I know you're just finding excuses"I complained. He frowned. "If it sounds like that I can't help you, girl"he said while letting go of my cheeks.

The way he said 'girl' is different when we we're high school. I didn't even know earlier when the emergency patient is here. I don't know why he's the only doctor in my mind.

Now I'm thinking these things maybe because he hit my head.

"Give up now because of the pinch?"he asked. I raised an eyebrow. "Probably....... Not"I said hitting his head.

****************

"Aren't you going to Chong Hua to visit your mother?"he asked while we're walking to the parking lot.

I don't know why he does that everyday. Maybe he likes Chong Hua Hospital. I'm pleased when he offers too.

"Hmm... I'll go. I love riding with baby Trailblazer"I said while touching the car. He raised his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes.

"I'm just stating the fact that you're riding with the driver too"

"Why, are you jealous?"I asked while smiling and playing my shoulder. And he's........ Blushing!?

"Uh.... Never mind it then"I said broking his awkwardness. Really I didn't mean what I said.

I went in the car trying to forget it all.

'I think you're beautiful everytime I see you'

'If it sounds like that I can't help you, girl'

'Why, are you jealous?'

Jahrid's POV

Yeah I am jealous!

If only I could say that. I started the engine and went off. I had something to deal with my father the president of the hospital.

I always bring Euphiemia with me. I can't leave her behind.

30 minutes of travel we've finally arrived. I looked at Euphie. She's sleeping.

"Euphemia, wake up we're arrived now"I said. She slowly opened her eyes.

"Huh? We are here now?"she said while looking outside. "Yep wait for me we're going home together"I said then she nodded and went outside.

Don't get me wrong. You know that I like her but I didn't live with her. It's just the same neighborhood.

I took the key and went inside of the hospital.

Votes and comments. If you like the chapters.

Written by:annexbunny (I've come for a new change. Hahaha. This was my first story and like it was so jeje and I want to dedicate that all this story is mine so no copies or any ways to copy my stories. If you wanna have fun, not me)