Chapter 8

Matchmaker

"Just assist the surgery already!"I said to Jandrick. He rolled his eyes and shook his head. This jerk it's emergency. I stepped on his foot with my heels. Not that high though.

"What are you doing?"he said while massaging his shoes with his feet under it. "Come or I'll step on it more"I said while glaring at him.

"Fine fine, I'll go now to change"he said while carrying his other foot. Did I stepped on him that bad?

Oh no! What if I'll get scolded for the president?

Oh wait no. He's not that kind of person. I know he's jokester but he's not a mama's boy who'll get angry easily.

It's been four years since I've been friends with him and Alisa. She's my friend too. I told her my past since she's trusty one.

Jandrick is trusty too. But he's not a girl like me so I had pride like that of course. My phone ringed and I answered it.

"Got a problem, Drick?"I asked. I heard him sigh in the phone. "I'm finished with preparing the surgery now get your butt in here"he said. I wonder if there are nurses watching him.

If nurses gossips about this. I won't know what will his father will do to him.

"Sure sure, I'll be there in a minute"I said while looking at my watch and Jandrick hung up.

*************

"Urgh! For the past four years I always had late lunch because of you"Jandrick said it to me.

"Do you think you're the only person who is suffering because of late lunch!?"Alisa groaned on him. He rolled his eyes. And found an amazing thing on his eyes. Yeah, he likes Alisa.

They are enemies though. But I think I'm the one who tied their strings of love. I'm not sure if Alisa like him too. She doesn't share her love life.

"I think he will die because of late lunch"I pouted on him while chewing my food. He smirked.

"One year left, I won't be your subordinate assistant but hers"he said while turning her face a bit to Alisa. Alisa must be flustered what he said.

Because I think he said 'I will be hers'. I laughed at my own self. They furrowed their eyebrows.

"Then go and pray that the manager will come quickly in one year, so you could be with Alisa everyday and everywhere"I said while looking at the two of them. They both blushed.

Gotcha! I'm a matchmaker, really! They say love is greatest life's doctor. I might say that.

"Why are you two flustered? Just eat already"I said innocently and I caught them looking each other a bit then turned away to each other. Really, huh?

I wonder if they get into a relationship. I think their heart will flutter everytime they see each other. Cheesy!

I went to the hall to teach my juniors with some lessons or something. I think I'll make it up.

After some minutes teaching them. I saw some love birds behind. And smiled at their sight. They whispered something to each other and laughed.

I'm also called the matchmaker in this hospital. I'm enjoying it though. I got it from patients first and some doctors and nurses and the one who got affected called me Ms. Matchmaker.

The other students turned where I looked too. They mouthed 'ooh' and 'ayieee'. I chuckled. The students I was referring turned to me. "So, did you two feel some heart beats in your stomach?"I asked the two of them.

Since everyone respects each other. They nervously nodded at me. I chuckled again. "But remember that isn't some butterflies in your stomach but the cells in your stomach working in there"I said half laughing.

My students laughed too. It's nice to see people like this. "Maybe stomach making butterflies"a student said. I laughed.

"If so"I commented. I saw the two students blushed and smiled a bit. Hmph, I suggest continue what you we're doing.

I continued to teach them. I heard the door slammed at the hall causing it to echo everywhere.

"Don't slam the door when you're coming in. It disturbs..... The students"I said while turning to Jandrick. Why the hell did he slammed the door!?

"Sorry"he said making peace sign. "What are you doing here?"I asked not minding the students.

He narrowed his eyes. "I got awkward of Alisa because of you and I decided to listen to your lessons here"he said. I heard some 'ooh's and 'ayiie's at my student again.

"It's not that embarrassing"I said innocently. He raised an eyebrow. "Yeah right, Ms. Matchmaker!"he groaned and sat at the back seat.

"So I think you two will ignore each other for now"I said.

I took my marker to teach and write to my students some labels of parts of pancreas, liver, stomach etc.

"By the way Jandrick, It's not like Alisa and you can't have feelings each other soon. I'm a matchmaker you know"I said while raising my marker and winked at him.

He snickered and my students laughed too. "Very well then"he said while blushing.

Even though I'm so called matchmaker I still can't forget the man who broke me for the first time and feel me this way.

I wonder if he can return now and see his face once again. I haven't thought of him for now. Because it breaks my heart.

I decided to get over on him. But not successful as I think. I remembered clearly his worried face and his hugs. I still had the tight feeling for him.

The night that I cried endlessly. He comforts me with his hugs and words. I can almost consider him as a lover at that time but we're friends.

I took a sigh when I told my students to dismissed. "What are you thinking for whole time, it seems you can barely focus on the class?"Jandrick asked.

"Nothing important"I lied.

I didn't mind to believe some pathetic matchmakes. Cupid is a bit stupid for me though. Everyone had first love then break hearts then a different last love. He shouldn't have made people suffer this way. Sorry if I'm too emotional.

Written by: annexbunny