Chapter 5

Her Cries

"Calm down, Euphie!"Jahrid shouted at me while driving. "Just...... Drive fastly!"I said while I played my finger.

His other hand is holding mine. "It's okay. I understand you but calm down first"he said while never looking at me.

He tightened his grip. He never comforted me like this before.

Jahrid's POV

We've arrived at the hospital and Euphiemia quickly got out. "Euphie!"I shouted. But she got away. I turned off the car and followed her at the OR(operating room).

I saw her standing at front of her father. I went near to them. "How long has it been?"Euphie asked her father. She's........... Crying.

I saw some nurses running back and forth with bloods. Is her mother bleeding that bad?

Euphie cried more.

My baby is crying. Don't mind the baby thing. I bit my lip and went to her. "Euphie sit down"I suggested. We still saw nurses with bloods. She knows what that means she's a doctor.

She did what I say and still cried. I can't manage to see my baby crying and hurt. I hugged her.

She buried her face in my chest. She tightened her grip at my t-shirt. "Euphie, it's okay"I said while rubbing her back.

I can hear her cries.

Please don't cry......... My baby.

I closed my eyes. I'm hurt to see her hurt too.

The surgeon in charge got out of the OR looking bad........ He had blood along his face.

He looked at us. Euphie and her father stood up. The surgeon bowed. Oh no!

"My deepest condolence, Arcadejas family"

Euphie is shocked causing her to sit down. Her father still standing. "She's bleeding too much and went shock then cardiac arrest and......... We couldn't save her"he said.

"Mother!!"Euphie shouted. I widen my eyes and hugged her again. "Euphiemia!"her father shouted at her. Scolding at her because she just shouted.

"Mom"she said while burying her face at my chest. I bit my lip. "Euphie, get yourself together"I said. She cried even more.

"Your mother has left....... So am I, I will leave you here for five years. Get yourself together because I'm not there to comfort you for now"I said stopping myself from crying.

I turned her face to me. I touched her nose with mine. And stick my forehead to hers.

She look flustered. "That's my only request while I'm not here, Euphie"I said. She pouted.

"But...... Mom"she couldn't finish her words. I touched her cheek. I was never this close to her before. "I don't want you to suffer like me"I said.

I was like this when my mother died too, you know.

She bit her lip. I'm hurt that she just consider me as a friend but of course I can't see her crying in front of me.

"Euphiemia, can you promise that?"I asked. I'm not there to comfort her anymore.

She nodded and a tear in her left eye dropped. I smiled a bit.

My baby. You can do it without me. I trust you with all my heart.

"I don't want to leave you either. But if I won't leave I might can't see you again. That's why I decided to wait....... For you"I whispered to her.

Her pleasing eye really is worth it. This all. All of this.

Euphie's POV

Jahrid.........

"I don't want to leave you either. But if I won't leave I might can't see you again. That's why I decided to wait....... For you"he said. I closed my eyes.

I was....... Never consider of him as my friend. I just realized it now that he's so close to me. I'm too shocked right now.

I wonder if I could remember this. Mom has left. Jahrid is leaving. All it left was myself.

"Please....... Don't leave me"

Jahrid's POV

I can smell her perfume of our closeness. I wonder if she felt my heart beats for her.

"Please don't leave me"she whispered under her breath. I notice her sweating. Her forehead is hot I just noticed it now.

"Just get yourself together, Euphie"I said while letting go of our closeness. I might have the guts to kiss her.

She fell on my lap. I widen my eyes. "Euphie!"I said while wiggling her body. "What's happening?"her dad asked while wiping his tears.

"I think she fainted"I said while looking at the surgeon and her father. They both widen their eyes. The surgeon checked her.

"I think she had fever"he said while checking her forehead. I bit my lip. Fever shock.

"Let's bring her to the ER"I said. His father and the surgeon nodded. I carried her with my arms. Euphie hold on. Get yourself together.

She's sweating too much and her lips turned bare white. I put her down in a bed. "Thermometer, please"the surgeon said to a nurse. The nurse nodded and walked away to get thermometer.

"Her blood pressure is dropping a bit"I said. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you her boyfriend, I saw you two hugged each other"he asked.

I widen my eyes. "N-no I'm just her friend"I said while waving my hands. Gosh! I even stuttered.

He nodded teasingly. Excuse me, this isn't the time to chitchat with feelings.

"Thermometer is here"the nurse said while handing him the thermometer. I saw her father is anxious too.

I bit my lip. I'm anxious too. "It's 38.10°"he said while checking the thermometer. It's high.

"She needs absolute rest, We'll transfer her to a regular room"he said. Her father and I nodded.

All was left was me and her father it was a bit awkward after what I did. "Thank you for comforting my daughter"he said weakly. My eyebrows shot up.

Don't tell me he saw that, too?

"You are such a good friend to her but I think there's another reason why you did that"he said while smiling teasingly.

Why is everyone like this!?

Now I'm dumb-founded in front of her father. Can you believe it?

That was really cheesy again. I just planned this though. Not thinking if it's cheesy or not. I think next chapter is when he will be finally leaving. You know who...

Written by: annexbunny