Nineteen: Blood is Thicker than Water

Começar do início

We were all surprised when his face went cold and pale after the call. "We have to leave. I'll be leaving five soldiers with you. Princess Ayami has left underground and she's been planning to eliminate the Arimas. She has already lost terribly. Their force is weakening but the force she had brought with her was still able to fight against the men we dispatched to protect them. Our priority right now is to save them. Find Okata Jun. That is your mission."

Tsubaki, Watari and I were all hurt by what we heard from them. "We understand, sir. His life is more precious than ours," I replied to him.

After that, they immediately left our side. Five soldiers and the medical team were the only ones left around us.

...

After they were gone from our sight, we began looking for Okata Jun already. We have looked for him everywhere for hours until finally, I found a man in handcuffs attached at the small pole of a bed on the second floor of the huge, traditional palace.

He looked strangely at me. "Who are you?"

I answered him, "Miyazono Kaori."

The man in front of me looks the same as the picture that the army has shown me. "Are you Okata Jun?"

He looked surprised at me. "Why are you here?"

I immediately pick-locked the handcuffs to release him. "I am sure that you are Okata Jun. Kousei is in deep danger right now! We have to go to him, sir!"

After I have released him from the bed, he held my neck. At that moment, Watari Ryota and Tsubaki Sawabe came inside and pulled me out of his hold. "What do you think you're doing to him?"

When they looked back at him again, their eyes widened. 

"Okata Jun," spoke Watari Ryota.

The soldiers with us raised their guns at him after we found him. He rose his hands. "Why are you all here? Don't you think that Arima Kousei's life is more important than me? If Arima Kousei does pass away, the secret second in line to the throne will die and Ayami will be killing her own son."

All of us were shocked by what he told us. 

"Saki... Kousei's mother is Arima Saki!" I shouted.

He chuckled. "Takahiko stole her son from her. Kousei's real mother is Princess Ayami while Takahiko truly is his father. She thought that Kousei is Saki and Takahiko's son but the truth is, Kousei's real mother is Ayami. She believes the lie you all believe!"

How come Takahiko hid so many things to him. Did he really steal Kousei from her?

"You have to come with us. Help us stop her and tell her the truth!" Tsubaki begged him.

He took a deep breath. "Secrets never stay secrets."

...

Arima Kousei POV:

My grandfather and I were running at the long corridors of the mansion to escape from Princess Ayami's forces. I was lucky enough that the JGSDF finally came inside to rescue us.

They hid me from the Mafia's men holding high-caliber guns and shooting it randomly anywhere.

I just got out of the hospital and I don't want to go back there again with a bullet wound or die, instead.

Soon, I tried to get out of the mansion when I saw a door open but to my surprise, when I came inside the garden, Princess Ayami was there. She looked at me with such anger and fumed, "You truly look like your father!"

She's holding a samurai sword at her left hand. I took any weapon to protect myself. She was about to strike me when a familiar voice shouted, "Strike him and you will be killing the boy Takahiko stole from you! Isn't that your reason why you are truly angry and wanted vengeance against everyone? You were also afraid that the royal family will be angry with you since he is but someone from a married man."

She looked back at me again. I was surprised by what Okata Jun has told her.

How come she's my true mother? Isn't my mother Arima Saki? I also looked at her and at Okata Jun. "That's impossible! My mother's Arima Saki!"

"She was already dying when your father got the job to protect her! Your father and she had a secret relationship and with that, they had you!" he shouted at me.

Tears slowly began streaming from my eyes. The information is too big for me. I don't know how I can digest it. A few hours later, the JGSDF that came with them arrested Princess Ayami and other armed men after their forces were defeated. They were charged with rebellion.

...

Days later, I learned that Okata Jun's testimony about me was true.

Even if I came from a commoner father, the government has long been planning to change the Royal Law to allow me to reunite with her and conform to the fast-changing world but Princess Ayami exacted a rebellion without any knowledge regarding the plan in changing the Imperial Law.

The Japanese Royal Family doesn't want to have a lot of scandals before that was why Emperor Akimiro gave me to my father to hide me but it brought my biological mother to be a dangerous individual who is now locked up inside a high-security prison and her status as a princess was taken off from her.

The DNA Test showed me the inevitable truth. She really was the one who gave birth to me.

Right now, I'm looking at my father's grave. "Dad, why did you never tell me the truth!??? How come I have her blood?"

Grandfather looked at me sadly. If I accept to become Emperor, as the first in line to the throne was killed, it meant that I am next in line even if my mother's in prison since I still have royal blood running through my veins.

I could be crowned Emperor but it does means that my grandfather will be losing an heir to his corporation. I gripped the grasses tightly while I was crying.

"I don't want to be an emperor. I don't want it. I was never raised to be King," I said as tears keep leaving my eyes while my grandfather was hugging me and comforting me.

...

A/n: What do you think of the latest chapter's new twist? What do you think Kousei has to choose? Be an emperor or stay as the heir of his grandfather's corporation? Should Kousei pass it the responsibility to the third in line to the throne? Tell me in the comments below! Thank you for supporting me! Don't forget to vote and comment!

...